Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for permanently stopping chain stunning

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think the best and easiest to program idea for stopping chain stunning is to change the stunning protection charm that is obtainable at the fairgrounds (mini-game area) from being a single character protection to being an entire team cast. That is when you cast it your entire team would recieve a preventive stun charm.

My other ideas included disallowing earthquake from ridding stun protection shields, and making characters immune to their own first school's stuns (that is to say that storm characters would not be stunned by storm lords, ice would not be stunnned by frost giant, and so on).

To be honest though, I think making the stun charm team castable instead of individual castable would solve the chain stunning problem in terms of players who actually know how to play. With this change, earthquake could be bolstered a bit in terms of its damage without upsetting any sort of balance in the game, which by the way most think earthquake should really be increased in damage in the first place.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Yeah, I like the idea abut stun shields, but that would only work if they're going first. The best way to end all of this is to make some kind of gear that disallows that character to be stunned, and also gives the stun shields. I think that would be the best way to solve this, because then the person that wasnt stunned can just put more stun shields on, or even could have a dispell stuns?

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Or they could make it so it has a %50-%75 chance to stun

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
yellow867 wrote:
Yeah, I like the idea abut stun shields, but that would only work if they're going first. The best way to end all of this is to make some kind of gear that disallows that character to be stunned, and also gives the stun shields. I think that would be the best way to solve this, because then the person that wasnt stunned can just put more stun shields on, or even could have a dispell stuns?

I've never been on a team that was chain stunned starting on the first turn, the stun protection charm is a zero pip cast and can be done right off the bat.