Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to stop downranking..hopefully.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Okay, so maybe if someone tries to downrank they cannot go below 350, and if they try a message pops up saying: "Sorry! You cannot go past 350 rank." Then ranks below that will be reset to 350. Disagree/agree?

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Okay, so maybe if someone tries to downrank they cannot go below 350, and if they try a message pops up saying: "Sorry! You cannot go past 350 rank." Then ranks below that will be reset to 350. Disagree/agree?

My question is, what's so bad about downranking?

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

I disagree with this idea. For starters, its pointless. If you put a limit on downranking, then why not put a limit on ranking up? And if people are downranking on purpose, why do you want to stop them? And why 350?

- Jason StrongHeart

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Whats the problem with downranking?
That is a very good question.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
JasonStrongHeart wrote:
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

I disagree with this idea. For starters, its pointless. If you put a limit on downranking, then why not put a limit on ranking up? And if people are downranking on purpose, why do you want to stop them? And why 350?

- Jason StrongHeart

350 because he/she is probably on a losing streak. JK OP.

Downranking is a problem because if he/she creates a match, and puppets, they'll get Privates.

Lets say an 80 Storm Warlord goes with a 80 Fire Private. The fire creates, and then they get privates-sergs.

-Gtafreak101

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
gtafreak101 wrote:
JasonStrongHeart wrote:
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

- Jason StrongHeart

350 because he/she is probably on a losing streak. JK OP.

Downranking is a problem because if he/she creates a match, and puppets, they'll get Privates.

Lets say an 80 Storm Warlord goes with a 80 Fire Private. The fire creates, and then they get privates-sergs.

-Gtafreak101

You forgot that ranking down is also a positive to those in the 1v1 matches. Also, they don't do it to puppet, they do it for tickets lol. When someone ranks down they try to get tickets as fast as possible from a high rank to a lower rank, and then pvp back up so they can then afford what they want. Those who you think rank down to puppet is actually those who actually are on a losing streak. They just lack the experience to actually fight in pvp and win lol. Anyways, back to downranking. I don't find the problem with ranking down XD I find it neutural.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Also people who are below 350 cannot get below it again, xD. And downranking in 1v1 can put you against people who dont know how to pvp well then you just zap 20 points from them.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Also people who are below 350 cannot get below it again, xD. And downranking in 1v1 can put you against people who dont know how to pvp well then you just zap 20 points from them.

Again what is the problem?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

Wizardgirl1840,

The real underlying problem is that I can get to Commander, and only be able to buy my boots with the tickets that I have. Now, by the time I'm warlord, I can't even buy the hat. So, I have to keep fighting and fighting, and at around rank of 1300 matches become hard to get. So, at this point, I still have not even got the robe that I want. So, I have no choice but to Downrank and then rank back up, to get my robe. This is why most people that I know downrank, it's because we have to, to get a match.

Joe.