Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice resist.

2
AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
328
I just convert them because there are so many ice with crafted gear I have more converts than attacks O_o Storm cant spam good anymore -.-

Defender
May 15, 2010
153
If you are ice, universal resistance fits into the regular gear unlike other gear. Here is a combination an ice wizard can try:
Frostbit Hood
Celestian Snow Smock
Frostbit Boots
Heartsteel
Elissa's Chill Band
Pet with proof and defy(+10% and +5%)
And voila, pretty good stats, with 62% resistance.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
315
Nope. Even though I'm Ice, pack some prisms to defeat us.
If we take the time to craft that gear, we'll have a hard time defeating you, especially if you have a prism.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
328
well I fought an ice wizard with 101 storm resist and 102 fire so he was immune to me plus 52 to all the others and around 120 block ansd 90 crit. I was mad

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
4
Attention all ice users! The problem with ice's resist is that the resist is applied after all the blades and traps are activated. So a storm person can have a million percent storm attack, 20 million blades and traps and use a leviathan against an ice person who has 100% storm resist. And it will still do 0 damage... Ice people could complain that storm/fire users could still use prisms and that they have to make so-called drawbacks. Well if you are immortal then drawbacks such as damage and power pip chance don't really matter. You can still blade and then slowly spam almost impossible to shield against snow angels. For prisms, ice people still have like60% universal resist and a quick 0 pip tower shield anda 4 pip satyr can quickly stop a 7+ pip storm and fire attacks with prisms. So I dont really see why ice users are complaining.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
77
Wizard101 gives Ice Wizards too much resist, too much health, and all the schools that Ice needs to shield to live. Might as well call Ice Immortal...
I Pvp and I only lose to Ice basically. So ya...

-Savvy DeathHunter Pvp Captain :?

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
94
It's really bad that Storm and Fire Wizards which are the two strongest classes go down. I have a level 59 Storm Wizard and I just heard about this today. Storm doesn't have any Overtime Spells. So using Storm Prisms wouldn't help out to us Storm Wizards. Fire Wizards do have Overtime Spells but they would need at least four Fire Prisms. Even with Fire Prisms, it will not do a lot to hurt the Ice Wizards. I heard some guy say that this was to make all Wizards in Wizard101 go and play Pirate101.

~Kevin Hunter

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Ok. This Ice resist thing has been beaten into the ground more often than I'd care to think about. Ice is not OP. It takes strategy to figure out how to get around it. If an Ice has high resist then other stats will suffer, because the wizard decided this was a smart move (not so smart in my opinion).

Use practice PVP to try out new things. Make adjustments.

Frankly, PVP is just a small part of this game, and no school or spell should be nerfed because of PVP whiners.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
36
No, unless its past 100% its not crazy. Here's why.

I have an Ice character. at lvl 63, He has a 40% to all schools and 45% to storm. I could change to it 44% Fire and 49% Storm if I chose. But anyway, I fought a Fire Wizard whose Damage was lower than my resist Today in Pvp. However, even with a -70% shield on, and no critical, he still did 673 (I think, I just know it was over 670) damage to me. Later on, he did more and more damage until I was almost dead at 500 something health. ( with shields every time he attcked.). The only reason I survived was because he ran outta attack cards. So I think Ice deserves the resist that it has.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
1
if ice got this resist now when they take the game to more levels ice will just have 100 or more resist to all schools i saw a guy with 100 and more resist to fire and storm and 51 to all the rest so kl really got to fix that.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
2
ok, i haven't read every post on this thread, but i've recently learned about ice immunity, my highest lvl wizard is an ice and i find this fact very interesting, i never really do ranked pvp anyway, and fire and storm enemies as street fights and bosses seriously give me trouble, especially in dragonspyre and beyond. celestia's storm monsters can almost one shot me or at least 50% of my health with a successful 1000 damage bladed wildbolt.
i know i may be slightly going off subject, but i believe that, besides in pvp, the immunity is somewhat necessary for ice wizards.

i do actually want to begin building up my gear for the fire/storm immunity for questing and practice pvp strictly.

i know that around 99.99% of all people reading this will completely disagree with me and start commenting on how this should be taken out of affect immediately and that i'm an ice wizard so i want the immunity to stay cause i want to be selfish and completely overpowered to fire and storm. but, i believe that this should not be forbidden for ice to have immunity gear & pet resistance stacks, but i do find it unfair to be doing ranked pvp with the resistance since warlords would slowly decreasing rank after rank and some ice moving up the ranks.
my ice is Myrna Stormstone, lvl 54, and ranked pvp private (around 450). i will begin attaining the resistance gear, but i wont (at least wont try to unless i forget gear change) use the gear in ranked pvp

Survivor
May 13, 2012
4
i think it ruin the game giving that much resist to ice i mean how is that fair to any other player i think kingsisle is just for ice and no other school its a very one sided game anymore its really killed the game i think you need to rethink it of course ice is just fine with it but there should be a cap on resist 100% is not fair or give every school that high resist

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
5
swim team on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
i think it ruin the game giving that much resist to ice i mean how is that fair to any other player i think kingsisle is just for ice and no other school its a very one sided game anymore its really killed the game i think you need to rethink it of course ice is just fine with it but there should be a cap on resist 100% is not fair or give every school that high resist
i am a ice wizard and i know my weaknesses so there is stuff you can use to counter

that's why you gave aura spells and pierce blade to counter so if you ever do pvp bring those if you don't have the aura spell they sell the treasure card version in bazaar and other worlds which i believe is celestia and u\p hope i helped !

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
25
i dont care about the ice resist even if its past 100 cause my storm damage is 124 so its like dodging a bullet from that resist i can cast a leviathan (no collossal) and make 3052 damage thats how much i dont care.

starts off with:124=3052
stormblade +30% 4632
feint+70%10326
stormtrap+25%13250

so if the resist was 97 it would make 5834 damage (which is why i'm warlord)

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
26
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 11, 2012 wrote:
Here's the thing.

Everyone keeps complaining about the resistance for Ice wizards. If there is high resistance, then the other stats are in the tank. There's no getting around it. You can't have super high resistance without sacrificing a whole lot of other necessary aspects of your wizard ..... damage boost, power pips, healing, accuracy, critical, and even critical block.

Other schools can have high resistance to fire and storm, and you can add ice resistance in there, too. It's all in the gear. You can get all-schools gear to boost the resistance. You can craft gear that has the higher resistance. But, again, other necessary stats for your wizard will go way down. I've seen other school wizards have higher resistance to fire and storm than me, and I'm an Archmage Ice.

Ice is great at DEFENSE. Shields, ice armor, high health, good resistance are all part of the package. Ice is not made for OFFENSE. Fire is. Storm is.

Should Ice wizards start complaining about the high damage hits from Fire and Storm? Or complain about Myth's minions, or earthquake, or shatter? Or complain about Life being able to heal everyone? Or complain about Death sucking the life out of you while healing themselves?

I think not. It's all part of the game. Each school has their good points and bad points. We all learn how to deal with each aspect of the different schools.

Let's examine if both ICE and FIRE do the same exact thing:

· Infallible - 15
· Unstoppable – 15
· Spear – 10

FIRE resist goes down to 2% (42-40 = 2)
ICE resist goes down to 45% (85-40 = 45)

I don’t understand how that is a balanced battle? Especially when ICE can hit using a spell that does 1,000 damage. ICE is no longer weak.

Don’t say convert. Convert isn’t the answer.

· Using converts is more like a solution to a problem when typical, ordinary measures won’t work.
· Converts are shielded too with ICE shields. Or tower.
· This also forces FIRE to carry an ICE wand. FIRE doesn’t have a choice with wands from different schools. They MUST carry an ICE wand to get rid of ICE shields for the Convert to work.
· Fire needs to do so many “Special Things” to battle ICE:
o Must use converts
o Must use infallible
o Must use unstoppable
o Must use an ICE wand.
ICE doesn’t need to do any of the above to battle FIRE.

· Converts aren’t necessary in PVP unless you are FIRE or STORM and you’re facing ICE.
· If you’re FIRE and facing ICE, and you don’t have converts, you have no chance – you’re not competitive. If you’re FIRE and you’re facing ICE, and if you have converts, you’re still not competitive. Too many "special things" must be had.
· Fire needs to do so many “Special Things” to battle ICE:
o Must use converts
o Must use infallible
o Must use unstoppable
o Must use an ICE wand.

· ICE doesn’t need to do any of the "special things" above to battle FIRE.
· Every other school (except STORM) can be effective without converts. However FIRE needs to take these extraordinary measures just to PVP with ICE.
· I would like to see ICE battle a FIRE with 85 resist, and you’ll hear ICE whine (like me) about using converts and all the FIRE resist.

What KI fails to understand is, FIRE either sets their deck to battle everyone but ICE, or sets their deck to battle ICE. FIRE cannot have one (1) deck that can satisfy both ICE and all the other schools.

Has anyone seen a reason for all the ICE resist against FIRE? They do give reasons for the things they do sometimes. (I’ve seen them publish the reasons for the change to reshuffle). However, I have never seen KI give a reason and defend why ICE gets so much FIRE resist.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Simple Sorcery on May 4, 2013 wrote:
Let's examine if both ICE and FIRE do the same exact thing:

· Infallible - 15
· Unstoppable – 15
· Spear – 10

FIRE resist goes down to 2% (42-40 = 2)
ICE resist goes down to 45% (85-40 = 45)

I don’t understand how that is a balanced battle? Especially when ICE can hit using a spell that does 1,000 damage. ICE is no longer weak.

Don’t say convert. Convert isn’t the answer.

· Using converts is more like a solution to a problem when typical, ordinary measures won’t work.
· Converts are shielded too with ICE shields. Or tower.
· This also forces FIRE to carry an ICE wand. FIRE doesn’t have a choice with wands from different schools. They MUST carry an ICE wand to get rid of ICE shields for the Convert to work.
· Fire needs to do so many “Special Things” to battle ICE:
o Must use converts
o Must use infallible
o Must use unstoppable
o Must use an ICE wand.
ICE doesn’t need to do any of the above to battle FIRE.

· Converts aren’t necessary in PVP unless you are FIRE or STORM and you’re facing ICE.
· If you’re FIRE and facing ICE, and you don’t have converts, you have no chance – you’re not competitive. If you’re FIRE and you’re facing ICE, and if you have converts, you’re still not competitive. Too many "special things" must be had.
· Fire needs to do so many “Special Things” to battle ICE:
o Must use converts
o Must use infallible
o Must use unstoppable
o Must use an ICE wand.

· ICE doesn’t need to do any of the "special things" above to battle FIRE.
· Every other school (except STORM) can be effective without converts. However FIRE needs to take these extraordinary measures just to PVP with ICE.
· I would like to see ICE battle a FIRE with 85 resist, and you’ll hear ICE whine (like me) about using converts and all the FIRE resist.

What KI fails to understand is, FIRE either sets their deck to battle everyone but ICE, or sets their deck to battle ICE. FIRE cannot have one (1) deck that can satisfy both ICE and all the other schools.

Has anyone seen a reason for all the ICE resist against FIRE? They do give reasons for the things they do sometimes. (I’ve seen them publish the reasons for the change to reshuffle). However, I have never seen KI give a reason and defend why ICE gets so much FIRE resist.
It's all very simple. Ice = defense, Fire = offense. Ice and Fire are opposites in the game.

Fire gets more accuracy boosts in their gear than Ice. Fire has about twice the critical Ice does. Fire has about twice the damage boost that Ice does. Fire has much more base damage to their spells than Ice does.

With Jade gear, most people can get near immunity to all schools if they includes the double resist from pets.

Each school has their uniqueness including strengths and weaknesses. With people complaining about Ice for the sake of PvP and wanting resistance for Ice changed, it will affect PvE, which is the MAIN focus of the game.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
Simple Sorcery on May 4, 2013 wrote:
Let's examine if both ICE and FIRE do the same exact thing:

· Infallible - 15
· Unstoppable – 15
· Spear – 10

FIRE resist goes down to 2% (42-40 = 2)
ICE resist goes down to 45% (85-40 = 45)

I don’t understand how that is a balanced battle? Especially when ICE can hit using a spell that does 1,000 damage. ICE is no longer weak.

Don’t say convert. Convert isn’t the answer.

· Using converts is more like a solution to a problem when typical, ordinary measures won’t work.
· Converts are shielded too with ICE shields. Or tower.
· This also forces FIRE to carry an ICE wand. FIRE doesn’t have a choice with wands from different schools. They MUST carry an ICE wand to get rid of ICE shields for the Convert to work.
· Fire needs to do so many “Special Things” to battle ICE:
o Must use converts
o Must use infallible
o Must use unstoppable
o Must use an ICE wand.
ICE doesn’t need to do any of the above to battle FIRE.

· Converts aren’t necessary in PVP unless you are FIRE or STORM and you’re facing ICE.
· If you’re FIRE and facing ICE, and you don’t have converts, you have no chance – you’re not competitive. If you’re FIRE and you’re facing ICE, and if you have converts, you’re still not competitive. Too many "special things" must be had.
· Fire needs to do so many “Special Things” to battle ICE:
o Must use converts
o Must use infallible
o Must use unstoppable
o Must use an ICE wand.

· ICE doesn’t need to do any of the "special things" above to battle FIRE.
· Every other school (except STORM) can be effective without converts. However FIRE needs to take these extraordinary measures just to PVP with ICE.
· I would like to see ICE battle a FIRE with 85 resist, and you’ll hear ICE whine (like me) about using converts and all the FIRE resist.

What KI fails to understand is, FIRE either sets their deck to battle everyone but ICE, or sets their deck to battle ICE. FIRE cannot have one (1) deck that can satisfy both ICE and all the other schools.

Has anyone seen a reason for all the ICE resist against FIRE? They do give reasons for the things they do sometimes. (I’ve seen them publish the reasons for the change to reshuffle). However, I have never seen KI give a reason and defend why ICE gets so much FIRE resist.
Okay people raging about this has gone far enough. CONVERT, guess what, I said it, because it IS the answer. I got beat recently by a fire who bladestacked up (I don't have earthquake so) he hit me with SUN SERPENT, and kill me with 8,000 damage. That was against 78 resist!

You say that pierce into ice resist is useless, well here:
ICE resist goes down 85-40=45
ICE resist goes down with a CONVERT 85% down to somewhere in the 40s mine would be 45%
Now, 45-40=5 Say whaaaaat??

Do you know how hard it is to get immunity as an ice player? your like ooh all they have to do is have the gear! WRONG! I have to get a specialized pet that gives double defense AND Fire and Storm resist. And in some cases even THOSE people have to put up a fortify to get all the way to immunity! I have seen maybe 1 person with immunity.

I agree with QueQueg
Being the school of Fire=damage
Being the school of Ice=resist
You know what Fire converts to right? Wait isn't it ICE??

No converts are NOT only useful for Ice, my Storm who is level 71 REPEAT 71! Uses converts in PvP he isn't even the mega resist Ice level. I use them for ANY Storm shield.

I'm ready for people to STOP complaining. Its getting on all the ice's nerves.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade, 88 1st Age Warlord
Wolf Stormblood, The Distatrous Diviner, 71 1st Age Knight

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
91
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 11, 2012 wrote:
Here's the thing.

Everyone keeps complaining about the resistance for Ice wizards. If there is high resistance, then the other stats are in the tank. There's no getting around it. You can't have super high resistance without sacrificing a whole lot of other necessary aspects of your wizard ..... damage boost, power pips, healing, accuracy, critical, and even critical block.

Other schools can have high resistance to fire and storm, and you can add ice resistance in there, too. It's all in the gear. You can get all-schools gear to boost the resistance. You can craft gear that has the higher resistance. But, again, other necessary stats for your wizard will go way down. I've seen other school wizards have higher resistance to fire and storm than me, and I'm an Archmage Ice.

Ice is great at DEFENSE. Shields, ice armor, high health, good resistance are all part of the package. Ice is not made for OFFENSE. Fire is. Storm is.

Should Ice wizards start complaining about the high damage hits from Fire and Storm? Or complain about Myth's minions, or earthquake, or shatter? Or complain about Life being able to heal everyone? Or complain about Death sucking the life out of you while healing themselves?

I think not. It's all part of the game. Each school has their good points and bad points. We all learn how to deal with each aspect of the different schools.

dude ice is great at defense they won't sacrifice their critical block that goes up with their resist (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
8
I think it is crazy. I may be ice but it would totally be unfair in a battle. I mean need resist but not that much resist. If i didn't have resist, I would never be able to win. But 60% and up resistance is just plain crazy!

Chelsea Blue, Legendary Thamaturge
Level 67

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Ice resist can be overcome,
if you are prepared like many warlords, bottom line.
Yes, the same setup works against all schools, you
Don’t need different setups.

BillyDunno9, he has already given you
the answer.
My Ice has 84 resist to fire and 81 to Storm,
but yet I have been beaten by Fire and Storm.

On the posting over at Central, where the girl shows
Her 100% resist to Storm and Fire. Did you notice her
Friends statement “He was still able to beat her..”

How, by building up traps, feints, blades, infallible and shatter.
Maybe you people have forgotten how much damage
a Fire and Storm can do..... they are the highest
damage schools in the game.

If Ice had this huge resist to Life, Death, Balance,
or Myth, then it would be unfair, maybee unfair.

For all that are upset on Ice's high resist, start using
Infallible. TC infallible is -20 to start with. Stack blades, trap,
piece, infallible, shatter and destroy. Fire and Storm
can do massive damage, and any deck should have the option
for a one hit kill now, with the high heals (120%),
high resist Jade Gear, and limit on reshuffle.

People, Jade Gear Setups, are close to 80% plus, and you are
Upset over Ice???

For those that state that Ice has decent stats, even with
this high resist. I will reply with, those are decent
Stats that I wouldn’t play with. I wouldn’t consider those
Decent stats when facing a Balance, Death, Life or Myth.
Those stats are acceptable only when playing against a
Fire or storm, imo.

The game is changing, and will continue to change.
We need to adapt, alter our decks to match what
KI throws at us. They have limited reshuffle,
so we have to be more agressive. They are allowing
Jade Gear, so we need to set for higher hits, and
use Shatter. Heals are now hitting up around 120%,
you gotta think one hit for these guys. We have all
the tools to win the battle, at 100% resist or not.

A past player that use to whine.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
26
Wolf Skullslinger on May 7, 2013 wrote:
Okay people raging about this has gone far enough. CONVERT, guess what, I said it, because it IS the answer. I got beat recently by a fire who bladestacked up (I don't have earthquake so) he hit me with SUN SERPENT, and kill me with 8,000 damage. That was against 78 resist!

You say that pierce into ice resist is useless, well here:
ICE resist goes down 85-40=45
ICE resist goes down with a CONVERT 85% down to somewhere in the 40s mine would be 45%
Now, 45-40=5 Say whaaaaat??

Do you know how hard it is to get immunity as an ice player? your like ooh all they have to do is have the gear! WRONG! I have to get a specialized pet that gives double defense AND Fire and Storm resist. And in some cases even THOSE people have to put up a fortify to get all the way to immunity! I have seen maybe 1 person with immunity.

I agree with QueQueg
Being the school of Fire=damage
Being the school of Ice=resist
You know what Fire converts to right? Wait isn't it ICE??

No converts are NOT only useful for Ice, my Storm who is level 71 REPEAT 71! Uses converts in PvP he isn't even the mega resist Ice level. I use them for ANY Storm shield.

I'm ready for people to STOP complaining. Its getting on all the ice's nerves.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade, 88 1st Age Warlord
Wolf Stormblood, The Distatrous Diviner, 71 1st Age Knight
Dude, all I will say is this.

Fire is not the school of damage. Fire strengh is over time. And fire's strenght has been completely taken away with 85 resist.

Tell you what: Give me 85 resistance against that "bitter and cold" school, and battle me.
  • Bring your converts. You will see how hard it is.
  • I'll take away your strength too - and you'll see how hard it is.
  • Oh, and by the way, give me 5,000 health too. - You'll see how hard it is.

You'll see it's almost next to impossible to compete. Unless you are facing someone with 85 resist, you will not understand.

this is why most high level Fires have just given up. It's sad, but true. High level Fire have given up.

If Kings Isle wants the "bitter and cold" school to have automatic wins against Fire, and be dominant against Fire, they have succeeded.
If the "bitter and cold" school wants no competition at all from Fire, then they've succeeded.

Ice is no longer just about resistance. Wake up. I've seen Ice with 85 fire resist, 50 global resist 230 critical and 230 critical block. 50 global is superior to Fire global, and superior to Fire critical. True, Fire can get more critical but at a HUGE COST to other stats. Ice has no penalty.

There is no compormise any more on ICE stats.

That "bitter and cold" school is dominant, and apparently Kings Isle wants it that way.

Can you honestly answer this question?

1. Why does the "bitter and cold" school need 85 resist against fire?
2. Why doesn't the other schools need 85 resist against fire?

Sorry for whining so much. But as a fire, I faced 4 ICE in a row. Lost to everyone one. They had 83 resist and up, and close to 6,000 health.

Unless you are facing this, you have NO IDEA of how un-competitive Fire is.


Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
26
Veracity8 on May 9, 2013 wrote:
Ice resist can be overcome,
if you are prepared like many warlords, bottom line.
Yes, the same setup works against all schools, you
Don’t need different setups.

BillyDunno9, he has already given you
the answer.
My Ice has 84 resist to fire and 81 to Storm,
but yet I have been beaten by Fire and Storm.

On the posting over at Central, where the girl shows
Her 100% resist to Storm and Fire. Did you notice her
Friends statement “He was still able to beat her..”

How, by building up traps, feints, blades, infallible and shatter.
Maybe you people have forgotten how much damage
a Fire and Storm can do..... they are the highest
damage schools in the game.

If Ice had this huge resist to Life, Death, Balance,
or Myth, then it would be unfair, maybee unfair.

For all that are upset on Ice's high resist, start using
Infallible. TC infallible is -20 to start with. Stack blades, trap,
piece, infallible, shatter and destroy. Fire and Storm
can do massive damage, and any deck should have the option
for a one hit kill now, with the high heals (120%),
high resist Jade Gear, and limit on reshuffle.

People, Jade Gear Setups, are close to 80% plus, and you are
Upset over Ice???

For those that state that Ice has decent stats, even with
this high resist. I will reply with, those are decent
Stats that I wouldn’t play with. I wouldn’t consider those
Decent stats when facing a Balance, Death, Life or Myth.
Those stats are acceptable only when playing against a
Fire or storm, imo.

The game is changing, and will continue to change.
We need to adapt, alter our decks to match what
KI throws at us. They have limited reshuffle,
so we have to be more agressive. They are allowing
Jade Gear, so we need to set for higher hits, and
use Shatter. Heals are now hitting up around 120%,
you gotta think one hit for these guys. We have all
the tools to win the battle, at 100% resist or not.

A past player that use to whine.
Well, you're very, very wrong.

There is no compromise with Ice high resistance to fire and storm, and the rest of their global stats.

Back in the day of level 50 and 60 caps, the spiral was balanced. Ice needed the resist and health because of weak attacks.

Ice no longer has weak attacks. Ice efreet just came 10 levels later. And the then even higher damage at higher levels.

Ice is no longer weak.

Kings Isle wants a dominant school - and chose Ice.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
6
Deal with it.

Ice damage isn't good. Yes, they have a lot of health and resist. But Myth has all these minions and whatnot. Fire has really good over time spells and balance (me) is basically the supporter IMO, meaning they shouldn't 1v1 unless they have storm or fire cards or something.

I'm Balance and it's very frustrating because our attacks are terrible for PvP because of the elemental and spirit damage. People always have shields and resist so it gets frustrating for us even though we have judgement and blades and traps. I also have over 100% power pip percentage ;)

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
i am herobrine on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
i dont care about the ice resist even if its past 100 cause my storm damage is 124 so its like dodging a bullet from that resist i can cast a leviathan (no collossal) and make 3052 damage thats how much i dont care.

starts off with:124=3052
stormblade +30% 4632
feint+70%10326
stormtrap+25%13250

so if the resist was 97 it would make 5834 damage (which is why i'm warlord)
I don't quite think you understand percentages.
A Leviathan spell with the standard base damage of 1030, increased by a percentage of 124%, equals 2307(.2) damage. if you actually meant with colossal, then you have a 2923(.2) damage going. increased by 30% 70% 25%, in that order, gives a non enchanted amount of damage of 6373.64 damage, or you can go ahead and double that if you believe you can break the no doubt 180+ block any self respecting ice will have. Enchanted your damage would still only be 8075.34 damage, again if you feel that confident in your luck with criticals then double that. And then you take 97% from that; Enchanted damage of 242.26(02), non enchanted damage of 191.20(92). I seriously can't imagine how you got your numbers.

And then lets take a look at immunity; lets say mister Herobrine uses his Leviathan with his storm damage of 124%, which I have to admit I doubt, along with sharpened Stormblade, Stormblade, sharpened Elemental Blade, Elemental blade, Supercharge, Treasure Card Supercharge, potent Feint, feint, potent Storm Trap, Storm Trap, potent elemental trap, Elemental Trap, and Darkwind (Lets say he criticals with no block as well). All of this casted against an ice wizard with 102% storm resist. Well, you get a total of 1,383,011 damage before applying resist. then apply resist. 0 damage! impressive! now lets say mister Herobrine also has a 3% pierce; then he would actually be hitting 13830 damage. Except ice being ice has a shield. If your trying to say that your warlord because you think that 3% of 13250 is 5834, then I would love to be able to fight your warlord.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
It's fairly simple for fire and storm to beat ice. I have max level fire and ice characters. Storm can blade up a few times, convert, shatter, and do a critical storm owl. On my fire, when I battle an ice, I blade up once or twice, use a spear, put down 2-3 fire converts, put up infallible, put up my fire bubble, use an ice elf transmuted tc to remove tower shields, and then (hopefully) do a huge critical heckhound that does 2000+ per round. This usually works from first. From second it is harder. But I have beaten, and sometimes fairly easily, ices with 80+ resist. Ice, with the crafted gear, suffers in power pips, damage, critical, accuracy, and sometimes critical block, depending on what wand you wear. Ice needs its resist. Without it, it would not be used in pvp by experienced players. Just think, an ice without a lot of resist is an easy OHKO, even with their health. They would not be able to really counter fire's DoTs or storms massive damage. If you really want to see an overpowered school, look at life with jade gear. They can guardian spirit spam, earthquake to remove blades, blade and trap up a ton, then do a huge attack to OHKO the other person. They can use a myth mastery for shatter and earth without sacrificing heals, because they are life. Guardian spirit can often heal them over 2000, because they get massive healing boost. They can make pvp last hours upon hours to complete. In conclusion, ice is not really overpowered. They just take some planning and strategy to beat.

2