Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice is not a tank anymore?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
Now every chool can be a tank. Why to be an ice if i can tank even with other schools now lol? Why all can have an jade armor....i dont get it? Boring!

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
Ice has notably more health than any other school, and despite the fact that you can still have a good amount of health with jade armor, most max ice players have around 8000 health, and their armor helps with damage, critical, healing, and there stuff. If you would want to have as much health as an ice player, you would need to buy items that only help health. Ice is a natural born tank, and all copy-cats just get wrecked in PvP against and ice.

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there! Welcome to the forums!

Hmm that is true, however I think it's easier for ice to generally get defense gear. To get Jade Gear you would have to buy tons of packs to get each piece of the set. I don't really know the stats of jade gear but I'm sure the defense will balance out with the damage aspect. Perhaps Jade is for wizards who want to be wannabe Ice wizards?

The crafted/dropped gear for ice also has higher resist in general

Jack Legend

Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
olgyk on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:
Now every chool can be a tank. Why to be an ice if i can tank even with other schools now lol? Why all can have an jade armor....i dont get it? Boring!
Because ice now has just as much damage as the other schools.