Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice being immune to storm and fire!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I happen to have my own ice lvl 90 and i know it is cheap but i use immunity allot now in questing and sometimes in pvp (It is a really bad idea when you get faced against other schools) but it is kinda unfair to the other schools since only ice has immunity to my knowledge.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Chris Wintersword on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
I happen to have my own ice lvl 90 and i know it is cheap but i use immunity allot now in questing and sometimes in pvp (It is a really bad idea when you get faced against other schools) but it is kinda unfair to the other schools since only ice has immunity to my knowledge.
nah its possible for other schools too. believe me.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It's not unfair at all; it's what you are supposed to do as 'the tank'. It's up to those wizards to figure out how to get around your immunity.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
This use to be a problem. Now with the release of Khrysalis coming up, Shadow Shrike (giving 50% armor pierce and 10% damage) is going to destroy ice entirely. Enjoy it while you can, ice wizards.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I happen to have stumbled on this before honestly. PvP isn't working out too well right now.

Brian Boombreath Level 87

Survivor
May 28, 2011
I totally agreed everything bout ice has a higher resistance against fire and storm, It's ludicrous indeed something so personal against fire and storm just doesn't make no sense to me at all.
Why only against us fire and storm?
We can't even hardly defeat them Ice cause of the resistance.I have to work so hard just to defeat them but most of the time i failed in the battle specially Ice goes first the game is over no more fun at all.I just flee no sense of fighting something you cannot win.
This is part of my opinion,Kingsisle has to do something to make this game fair to everyone unless someone work from inside and probably playing the game with Ice wizard character.
Maybe the reasons Ice has got the high resistance against fire and storm.I'm just speculating the issue cause it can be possible.

sincerely yours,
Benjamin Battlethorn

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Please be sure to read the plethora of other posts regarding Ice "immunity". Those other posts may enlighten you as to what the different schools have. This includes strengths as well as weaknesses. All schools have this, just in case you didn't know. Each school is unique.

So, please stop making new posts about Ice resistance/immunity without reading previous posts. It gets old and boring having people keep bringing it up over and over again.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2013
Nah that not true you can convert DUH! hoped this helped

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Rony The Turtle on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
This use to be a problem. Now with the release of Khrysalis coming up, Shadow Shrike (giving 50% armor pierce and 10% damage) is going to destroy ice entirely. Enjoy it while you can, ice wizards.
All they have to do is use one tower shield and the 50% armor piercing is gone.Also Ice has other gear then just tanking. My ice can get 50 resist(all) and 89 damage. With good accuracy, power pips, blocking, bad critical though.

My fire friend is immune to Ice and Storm, 39 resist to all others, 79 damage, 347 critical, and 167 blocking. All thanks to his pet and boots, mostly. Ice,Fire, and Death can be immune to 2 different schools at the same time easier than any other school. Fire and Death needs a pet with myth/life/ice/storm-wards, and spell proof. Ice just needs spell proof. So Ice can get it very easy, while Fire and Death need pet work.They all need their Zeus boots though(farming!).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Every school can acheive immunity to various schools. My storm can be immune to either storm, ice, or (fire and myth) with 35-40 resist to everything else depending on my pet and gear arrangement.

Explorer
Apr 02, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
UH hello Ice can train to it to and use it before you, landing a devastating hit on YOU not us. This game is about knowledge not Resist and Pierce. -__-