Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I will never rank up!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
Well, i want to rank up, so i pvp and win some battles. But when i am going to rank to corporal, i go to fight with a knight or captain, and they're my level! so i lose almost everytime. i mean, why private vs captain! Warlords arent a problem anyways, they are like ten levels lower so i get them, ATM my rank is 500, cause i've won 16 and lost 16. I can sometimes beat them, but its harder and takes more time

Brahm Nightshade level 26 , and a bit of

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I felt the same way for quite a while. It can get frustrating. But have courage, if you keep at it you will eventually find a fairly consistent winning strategy.

I found it helped me a lot to pay attention to how my opponents were beating me, whether they were high or low rank. What did they do that out-played me? Then I tried to find ways to do that winning kind of play myself. I would check out their equipment, pets, use of pips (when to save, when to use), spell choices (school, pip amount, over-time, shields, weakness, TC and when used, etc. Especially pay attention to the ones who have crazy good ratings & win percentage.

Once I stopped getting mad about others beating me in ways I did not expect or like, and started letting myself learn from my experience in the arena, my PVP improved dramatically, and I made it to warlord. It comes with time, practice, and a touch of humility that allows a person to learn from others.

Good luck!

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Richard FrostBreez... on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
Well, i want to rank up, so i pvp and win some battles. But when i am going to rank to corporal, i go to fight with a knight or captain, and they're my level! so i lose almost everytime. i mean, why private vs captain! Warlords arent a problem anyways, they are like ten levels lower so i get them, ATM my rank is 500, cause i've won 16 and lost 16. I can sometimes beat them, but its harder and takes more time

Brahm Nightshade level 26 , and a bit of
So are you Death? Because if you are there are several easy strategies for that school Skeleton dragon after infallible followed by poison is one of them. I would suggest poking around some sites like Duelist101, where they teach you "how to be a Warlord". The guides they put up are pretty helpful. Also it takes practice to get good PvP instincts. But I'd suggest getting resist gear from the Bazaar (if you don't use crowns) and then try using some TC strategies. Monstrous is really helpful.

Wolf Legend