Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I was born a Balance Wizard, and I shall die a Balance Wizard.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
From other threads, Mana Burn and Supernova are the signature spells for Balance PvP so be prepared. No, you can not have an aura and I will control the bubble. The Balance Pierce + Crit bubble, Counterforce is so overpowered. You may as well not even bother to shield against me. I, of course am made of set shields.

Balance has been nerfed a little and is no longer considered "top tier," but it is still my favorite school, because of the many styles it can play. I'm an expert pet designer and make any pet I can think of. I can pretty much make any pet I think of and my stats be anything I want. I can be a tank, healer, a glass cannon or general purpose wizard. For example, my current set up is weak against Spirit Schools, so I hope I don't meet them in the arena. Death wizards are very interesting. I can pummel a Death Wizard "this close" to defeat, but when their health is low, the Death Scion can one-shot me. I think that is fun.

I love PvP, but I don't mind losing. Every match teaches me something new.

With this new catacombs gear, Balance may not be "the school to fear" in the arena, but as a support school for questing, we are absolute HEROES now!. The mass hex and new chimera spell are ridiculously powerful and the gear sharpened blade and and potent trap come in really handy. Also, our Scion can kill many bosses. If the boss is a Balance boss, I can just make myself Balance immune and blade and trap, which team mates really appreciate.

I am having so much fun, now that the pressure of PvP is off. They call me "Mister Blades." Not that I am retiring from PvP, It just doesn't bother me any more. I had my day as a level 60 warlord, maybe I will get there again if I study hard enough. Balance will rise again!

Now that I think about it, I'm going to design a new pet, go Death Immune, and help my friends get through Darkmoor. I can probably come up with an nearly immune to every school set up, which would be great as a Support wizard for questing. Obviously, I would never use that set up in the Arena. People are so grateful when you blade and trap, setting them up for amazing hits.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Mar 8, 2020 wrote:
From other threads, Mana Burn and Supernova are the signature spells for Balance PvP so be prepared. No, you can not have an aura and I will control the bubble. The Balance Pierce + Crit bubble, Counterforce is so overpowered. You may as well not even bother to shield against me. I, of course am made of set shields.

Balance has been nerfed a little and is no longer considered "top tier," but it is still my favorite school, because of the many styles it can play. I'm an expert pet designer and make any pet I can think of. I can pretty much make any pet I think of and my stats be anything I want. I can be a tank, healer, a glass cannon or general purpose wizard. For example, my current set up is weak against Spirit Schools, so I hope I don't meet them in the arena. Death wizards are very interesting. I can pummel a Death Wizard "this close" to defeat, but when their health is low, the Death Scion can one-shot me. I think that is fun.

I love PvP, but I don't mind losing. Every match teaches me something new.

With this new catacombs gear, Balance may not be "the school to fear" in the arena, but as a support school for questing, we are absolute HEROES now!. The mass hex and new chimera spell are ridiculously powerful and the gear sharpened blade and and potent trap come in really handy. Also, our Scion can kill many bosses. If the boss is a Balance boss, I can just make myself Balance immune and blade and trap, which team mates really appreciate.

I am having so much fun, now that the pressure of PvP is off. They call me "Mister Blades." Not that I am retiring from PvP, It just doesn't bother me any more. I had my day as a level 60 warlord, maybe I will get there again if I study hard enough. Balance will rise again!

Now that I think about it, I'm going to design a new pet, go Death Immune, and help my friends get through Darkmoor. I can probably come up with an nearly immune to every school set up, which would be great as a Support wizard for questing. Obviously, I would never use that set up in the Arena. People are so grateful when you blade and trap, setting them up for amazing hits.
Such a fascinating concept you have there. When i saw this you already know i had to lay some grounds on the balance not being "top tier" exaggeration. First and for most lore master was the only spell that got adjusted to its appropriate balance ratio, except if you look at it in the long term it does come out as a nerf in the end. Balance is a school of sheer utility that enables them to pretty much control the outcome of most battle and depending on which one you use determines whether you win or lose.

Here's my one simple problem with it has too much control utilities, and not enough players are playing balance out side of the box. Its like every balance main i meet says the same thing, if you nerf a good thing it will destroy the school, but is that really the case? I've manage to get to warlord with balance faster than any other schools despite lore master nerfs. Balance has the most set up utilities/ blades of all schools yet no balance takes advantage of that. Then comes the double hit, utility giving shadow spell, that literally uses both elemental and spirit blades along with neutral balance blades. Secondly balance is by far the best school when it comes to set shields and astral defensive set ups like brace while already having more tank and better damage than life school. Not sure if you've tried the dark-nova strategy before but it works better on balance especially with savage paw.

People who play balance needs to realize that balance isn't just about stalling and preventing your opponent from setting up, but you have the ability to set up yourselves. Use weakness as frequently as you can because your the only school that won't fizzle on its 90% accuracy. You also have heals and really balance critical chance.

There was a reason why many people were running ice, fire and balance ward ever since, and it wasn't because of spells alone, but also stats increase through pay to win gears. Am not sure you realize this also but k i is pretty much going to discourage low level stalling pvp because the difference in tier means a great deal. A max level warlord will be pretty much treated as far more superior warlord than low level. Im pretty sure that might impact players who prefer low level pvp, but like any other mmorpg ive played such a league of legends you pretty much have to be a certain level to start ranking. More of encouraging new players to experience the game entirely before getting into pvp.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
angellifeheart on Mar 9, 2020 wrote:
Such a fascinating concept you have there. When i saw this you already know i had to lay some grounds on the balance not being "top tier" exaggeration. First and for most lore master was the only spell that got adjusted to its appropriate balance ratio, except if you look at it in the long term it does come out as a nerf in the end. Balance is a school of sheer utility that enables them to pretty much control the outcome of most battle and depending on which one you use determines whether you win or lose.

Here's my one simple problem with it has too much control utilities, and not enough players are playing balance out side of the box. Its like every balance main i meet says the same thing, if you nerf a good thing it will destroy the school, but is that really the case? I've manage to get to warlord with balance faster than any other schools despite lore master nerfs. Balance has the most set up utilities/ blades of all schools yet no balance takes advantage of that. Then comes the double hit, utility giving shadow spell, that literally uses both elemental and spirit blades along with neutral balance blades. Secondly balance is by far the best school when it comes to set shields and astral defensive set ups like brace while already having more tank and better damage than life school. Not sure if you've tried the dark-nova strategy before but it works better on balance especially with savage paw.

People who play balance needs to realize that balance isn't just about stalling and preventing your opponent from setting up, but you have the ability to set up yourselves. Use weakness as frequently as you can because your the only school that won't fizzle on its 90% accuracy. You also have heals and really balance critical chance.

There was a reason why many people were running ice, fire and balance ward ever since, and it wasn't because of spells alone, but also stats increase through pay to win gears. Am not sure you realize this also but k i is pretty much going to discourage low level stalling pvp because the difference in tier means a great deal. A max level warlord will be pretty much treated as far more superior warlord than low level. Im pretty sure that might impact players who prefer low level pvp, but like any other mmorpg ive played such a league of legends you pretty much have to be a certain level to start ranking. More of encouraging new players to experience the game entirely before getting into pvp.
Understand that I was talking about level 130 PvP. I suppose Lore could still be a nuisance at lower levels.

Lore was, to the annoyance of many, a signature spell. I am actually enjoying PvP more now that I am not tempted to spam the spell. I have figured out how to deal with wizards who still try the old-fashioned Lore Spam strategy.

By not "top tier," I guess that was just from my own experience and analysis by ATS.

"Here's my one simple problem with it has too much control utilities." That is the entire purpose of Balance in PVP, and that is how I play it. I'm not a staller though--I try to break shields or deal damage at least every other turn

The Dark Nova strategy relies on having a particular deck with a particular jewel and I prefer to try and tank it. I still use Shadow Shrike of course.

Could you tell us what level Balance were you Warlord at? How did you manage it?

I am having a bit more luck with my new setup, which is about high resist, moderate damage and high pierce. I mostly keep set shields and utilities in main and mostly attacks in side deck. I never have to really dig for an attack. I have also started trying to have a Mander minion out there except if I am facing a Spirit school.

I don't think I have any crowns gear in my PvP set, and I don't use the max level gear except for the boots. I don't even use the max level Duelist ring--the level 100 has better pierce.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Mar 10, 2020 wrote:
Understand that I was talking about level 130 PvP. I suppose Lore could still be a nuisance at lower levels.

Lore was, to the annoyance of many, a signature spell. I am actually enjoying PvP more now that I am not tempted to spam the spell. I have figured out how to deal with wizards who still try the old-fashioned Lore Spam strategy.

By not "top tier," I guess that was just from my own experience and analysis by ATS.

"Here's my one simple problem with it has too much control utilities." That is the entire purpose of Balance in PVP, and that is how I play it. I'm not a staller though--I try to break shields or deal damage at least every other turn

The Dark Nova strategy relies on having a particular deck with a particular jewel and I prefer to try and tank it. I still use Shadow Shrike of course.

Could you tell us what level Balance were you Warlord at? How did you manage it?

I am having a bit more luck with my new setup, which is about high resist, moderate damage and high pierce. I mostly keep set shields and utilities in main and mostly attacks in side deck. I never have to really dig for an attack. I have also started trying to have a Mander minion out there except if I am facing a Spirit school.

I don't think I have any crowns gear in my PvP set, and I don't use the max level gear except for the boots. I don't even use the max level Duelist ring--the level 100 has better pierce.
130 i only do max pvp. simple set up gives me 135% damage 60% universal resist 30%+ accuracy 35% pierce.
triple double max stat pet. Basically I abuse flawless or brace aura 20% accuracy. You mention counter force in your new post thats a good spell for all school but i don't really rely on it because balance have like around 45%+ critical. Believe or not i critical more often when its been 33-48%. Carry ice dispels fire dispels and myth because those are more annoying atm. Since you have 60% resist using brace frequently helps absorb damage, and remember you have a heal that heals as much as satyr. We all know heals can be broken when it critical. Always set up for a gaze with infallible with a balance blade since it boost both hits. 1 25% blade puts your 135% damage at 160%. Get used to savage paw for opening shield breakers into gaze as well esp when your first. Don't forget to time your weakness most set up would go for a wand hit to remove the blade which is your chance to mana burn our counter hit.

Right now most balance mains i know are pretty much abusing the dark nova strategy because how useful and well it plays out on balance. That's because of mana burn stalling into 2 shadow pips, minion summoning, going tank etc.
It really hurts because it technically one shots especially with feint and shatter or pierce.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
angellifeheart on Mar 12, 2020 wrote:
130 i only do max pvp. simple set up gives me 135% damage 60% universal resist 30%+ accuracy 35% pierce.
triple double max stat pet. Basically I abuse flawless or brace aura 20% accuracy. You mention counter force in your new post thats a good spell for all school but i don't really rely on it because balance have like around 45%+ critical. Believe or not i critical more often when its been 33-48%. Carry ice dispels fire dispels and myth because those are more annoying atm. Since you have 60% resist using brace frequently helps absorb damage, and remember you have a heal that heals as much as satyr. We all know heals can be broken when it critical. Always set up for a gaze with infallible with a balance blade since it boost both hits. 1 25% blade puts your 135% damage at 160%. Get used to savage paw for opening shield breakers into gaze as well esp when your first. Don't forget to time your weakness most set up would go for a wand hit to remove the blade which is your chance to mana burn our counter hit.

Right now most balance mains i know are pretty much abusing the dark nova strategy because how useful and well it plays out on balance. That's because of mana burn stalling into 2 shadow pips, minion summoning, going tank etc.
It really hurts because it technically one shots especially with feint and shatter or pierce.
Thanks!

We are mostly on the same page.

I don't like to count on critical. I mostly use the Counterforce bubble for the pierce. I enjoy seeing 50% Tower shields be reduced to 0%.

What you say about Savage Paw into Gaze makes sense, I will try that.

I can't be bothered with the Dark Nova strategy. For one thing it seems undignified. I like to think of Balance as the versatile, thoughtful PvP school that adapts to any opponent and can adjust tactics on the fly.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Mar 14, 2020 wrote:
Thanks!

We are mostly on the same page.

I don't like to count on critical. I mostly use the Counterforce bubble for the pierce. I enjoy seeing 50% Tower shields be reduced to 0%.

What you say about Savage Paw into Gaze makes sense, I will try that.

I can't be bothered with the Dark Nova strategy. For one thing it seems undignified. I like to think of Balance as the versatile, thoughtful PvP school that adapts to any opponent and can adjust tactics on the fly.
I know its just how the meta is run atm. When ice gets removed from its dominant position from top tier max pvp and storm gets a relative buff to make it efficiently counter pick to hyper turtle strategy that's when ill start to consider that pvp is going in the right direction.

Defender
May 02, 2010
Congratulations.