Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I suggest not talking during PVP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
56
I know this is a pretty tacky technique to PVP and I am not so sure if this has been brought up with. It is has, let me to restate it again to remind those who haven't. If you think this is unfair technique, I suggest you not reply or read this. If you want to know more here is what I have to say, do not speak during PVP. If you say hi and stuff, people will not say hi back. Only when they say, good game! You might think you are being nice and a good sport by saying hi and good luck. But this is what really is happening. The minute you say HI! The other player clicks on your name in the enter bar then examines all your stats. They use this to prepare for everything. You see what they are doing? I suggest saying good game and good luck after the duel instead of before.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
342
alanthewizard101 wrote:
I know this is a pretty tacky technique to PVP and I am not so sure if this has been brought up with. It is has, let me to restate it again to remind those who haven't. If you think this is unfair technique, I suggest you not reply or read this. If you want to know more here is what I have to say, do not speak during PVP. If you say hi and stuff, people will not say hi back. Only when they say, good game! You might think you are being nice and a good sport by saying hi and good luck. But this is what really is happening. The minute you say HI! The other player clicks on your name in the enter bar then examines all your stats. They use this to prepare for everything. You see what they are doing? I suggest saying good game and good luck after the duel instead of before.


Nice to see I'm not the only one who ever saw this... Not only this, but some more frugal wizards will use the "Ill report you if i don't win" tactic. If you don't say anything, it's just empty threats.
Taryn

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2900
sunsword44 wrote:


Nice to see I'm not the only one who ever saw this... Not only this, but some more frugal wizards will use the "Ill report you if i don't win" tactic. If you don't say anything, it's just empty threats.
Taryn


Or if they report you, they get into trouble for it, as they should.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
So this is why no one ever talks in pvp. I was just thinking they where rude and had bad spotsmanship. I did have a few people that would talk while we dueled. We ended up being friends.

Hmmm I still feel that its rude. Not unfair like the poster said I can see no reason why it would be unfair its very simple to tell what school the other wizard is by just paying attion. I think if the other person feels the need to click my name then let them no harm there. If you feel that your skills are not high enough or whatever the reason you are tring to hid all your stats and school thats on you but try some manners. My mom worked hard to teach me manners and I will not let her down. Now wheather or not you want to use your is up to you. Also dont reply to this if your just going to have something bad to say. Like i said manner please.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
67
colagada wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:


Nice to see I'm not the only one who ever saw this... Not only this, but some more frugal wizards will use the "Ill report you if i don't win" tactic. If you don't say anything, it's just empty threats.
Taryn


Or if they report you, they get into trouble for it, as they should.


It's much harder to report someone who hasn't spoken because they can quickly port out at the end of the battle and you can't click their name in the text box.

I wish it wasn't such a strategic handicap to talk to your opponent.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
I am sorry but I must disagree. You play wizard101 to have fun correct? You play pvp to have fun, right? I may talk during a pvp because it is fun for me. I may not talk if I am hiding my school or have some special stats or something but if I am just wearing normal gear I talk a lot, do I care if they look at my stats, no.
You can just block pvp enemy chat if you don't wanna have to deal with talking. Like it is now it, should be a choice.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
3
alanthewizard101 wrote:
I know this is a pretty tacky technique to PVP and I am not so sure if this has been brought up with. It is has, let me to restate it again to remind those who haven't. If you think this is unfair technique, I suggest you not reply or read this. If you want to know more here is what I have to say, do not speak during PVP. If you say hi and stuff, people will not say hi back. Only when they say, good game! You might think you are being nice and a good sport by saying hi and good luck. But this is what really is happening. The minute you say HI! The other player clicks on your name in the enter bar then examines all your stats. They use this to prepare for everything. You see what they are doing? I suggest saying good game and good luck after the duel instead of before.


It depends on who your facing if you think they will use you and they are really seriouse dont chat. But if they are nice then chat back because they wont cheat you.

8) 8)Cole 8) 8)
8) 8)Lvl:60 Pyromancer 8) 8)

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
342
colagada wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:


Nice to see I'm not the only one who ever saw this... Not only this, but some more frugal wizards will use the "Ill report you if i don't win" tactic. If you don't say anything, it's just empty threats.
Taryn


Or if they report you, they get into trouble for it, as they should.


Well I know they will, but you don't even have to go down that road if nothing is said.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
48
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Solstice64 wrote:
I am sorry but I must disagree. You play wizard101 to have fun correct? You play pvp to have fun, right? I may talk during a pvp because it is fun for me. I may not talk if I am hiding my school or have some special stats or something but if I am just wearing normal gear I talk a lot, do I care if they look at my stats, no.
You can just block pvp enemy chat if you don't wanna have to deal with talking. Like it is now it, should be a choice.


To Solstice64,
I like your posts, they always have a different point of view. I don't always like the ones where you counter me as much as I do the others..... but they are all good to read.

To all others,
This topic has become a real problem for a lot of upper players though.
Too many people reported PvP Winners for just not talking. These reports were unjust, and according to the rules should not have happened.
The whole false reporting thing is a real problem now. I have been reported twice now, for nothing.... why do this?
(Just like the players who jump in you PvE, bring in an enemy, and then port, it's stupid.)

The problem the reporting has generated, is that many PvP'ers are now turning off their Chat in PvP. This way they don't have to put up with PvP'ers who don't know the rules, reporting them because they won't talk.

Why do I have any issue with this, because I use to like talking to people after the match, or even team up with them. As it is now, I find that I can talk to fewer and fewer players.
The last ten matches that I have played (this past Sat), not one player could talk. Now, a few of the PvP'er that I went up against, I was talking to the weekend before , they are in my friends list. So on Sunday, when they showed up, I ported to talk to each one I knew. They all said the same thing, that the issue has gotten out of hand. Becasue of false reporting and verbal abuse, they will not talk anymore in PvP. For some, this may not matter, but to me, it hurts the game.

Joseph LionHunter.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
Lion359 wrote:
To all others,
This topic has become a real problem for a lot of upper players though.
Too many people reported PvP Winners for just not talking. These reports were unjust, and according to the rules should not have happened.
The whole false reporting thing is a real problem now. I have been reported twice now, for nothing.... why do this?
(Just like the players who jump in you PvE, bring in an enemy, and then port, it's stupid.)

The problem the reporting has generated, is that many PvP'ers are now turning off their Chat in PvP. This way they don't have to put up with PvP'ers who don't know the rules, reporting them because they won't talk.


I have never thought of this point of view before, I personally don't mind rude players since I find what they funny, and also fun to argue with. I could care less about false reporting too since it does nothing but get the false reporter in trouble. Though I never thought that it would bug some people to the point of blocking chat and not talking at all.

Lion359 wrote:
Why do I have any issue with this, because I use to like talking to people after the match, or even team up with them. As it is now, I find that I can talk to fewer and fewer players.


Exactly what I (used to) do.

Lion359 wrote:
The last ten matches that I have played (this past Sat), not one player could talk. Now, a few of the PvP'er that I went up against, I was talking to the weekend before , they are in my friends list. So on Sunday, when they showed up, I ported to talk to each one I knew. They all said the same thing, that the issue has gotten out of hand. Becasue of false reporting and verbal abuse, they will not talk anymore in PvP. For some, this may not matter, but to me, it hurts the game.


Exactly how I feel. Thanks for posting this Lion, I always thought that people blocked chat because they didn't want their stats to be looked at. Since this is a bigger problem then I realize, I think something should be done about it! A player should feel safe to do a pvp without having block chat.

To Solstice64,
I like your posts, they always have a different point of view. I don't always like the ones where you counter me as much as I do the others..... but they are all good to read.


Thank you, no one has ever been directly nice to me. A big problem in the pvp forum is how people strongly defend their opinion, and will basically call anyone who disagrees stupid. I find that I have caught on to this and do it to subconsciously. Though now this is what I like about you. You do not do this, you are nice to everyone, agreeing or not.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
1
something else i have seen in pvp is other players jumping into the battle arena and telling the person im battling all of my stats, gear, etc. some do it right out in the open and dont mind if im sitting there listening lol. now that can be a bit irritating. but i play for fun and it just feels that much better when i beat them haha.