Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need a strategy for pvp!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
My rating in pvp has been up and down lately. First I win against a commander :D ... and lost against three privates in a row. I beat a knight. Then lost against even more privates. My school is death, and my strategy seems to be working until I lose yet again in pvp. I need a better strategy then the one I already have that can get me more wins. I'm worried that i'll lose against a player who purposely downranked, and that would be bad ...
My school is: Death
I second in: Life
My level is fifty one
I do not want to level up, because I've heard pvp is beyond random at the higher levels and not fun.
I cannot craft any gear for grandmaster and above
I have a wraith pet and a sea serpent pet
And I want a GOOD strategy from someone who's ACTUALLY a necromancer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, first off, it is fine to level up... Anyone who says otherwise truly does not know or understand PvP... There is nothing wrong with Being Legendary, actually it will help you and make it a lot easier to win!!!

Now, since you are Death and have life as a secondary school, did you train in Ice to get tower shield? Also, you need to train Sun Spells and get Gargantuan as your level up...

You are actually at a stage where you are at a serious disadvantage.. . You are high enough level that you can easily be faced against Legendaries, without having the proper gear to critical or to critical block... Also, you don't get any good enchantments or boosts... Best gear you probably have is still the Grandmaster Gear...

So, my starting advice, is to level up, at least to 58 and get your Skeletal Dragon Spell... Then we can work on other things...

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Okay, first off, it is fine to level up... Anyone who says otherwise truly does not know or understand PvP... There is nothing wrong with Being Legendary, actually it will help you and make it a lot easier to win!!!

Now, since you are Death and have life as a secondary school, did you train in Ice to get tower shield? Also, you need to train Sun Spells and get Gargantuan as your level up...

You are actually at a stage where you are at a serious disadvantage.. . You are high enough level that you can easily be faced against Legendaries, without having the proper gear to critical or to critical block... Also, you don't get any good enchantments or boosts... Best gear you probably have is still the Grandmaster Gear...

So, my starting advice, is to level up, at least to 58 and get your Skeletal Dragon Spell... Then we can work on other things...

Well said. Even if you don't wanna lvl, just do it. The cards you will have will help you in the long run, and you can stand against legendaries of all sorts.

Also, Life is a good secondary up to Satyr, then it became useless. I would recommend buying back training points if possible, then training life to satyr, ice to tower, get a few astral cards, and if you have 3 points left, train balance to weakness. That's my PvP plan as a storm, and i can see i should rank like crazy once i do ranked as a legendary.

Of course more importantly is your gear. having some gear from the waterworks will help you greatly. Also having a lifeforce blade if you got the crowns is recommended. Your Athame amulet ring and deck are important, but it should take common sense to determine what to use. Trust me, if you get hit by a critical with the wrong gear, it can backfire against you.

This being said, i am gonna leave it alone. as darthjt said, we can't discuss strategy until you have the proper preparations.

Hunter Hunter: Master of Storm

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

What he said.