Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I KEEP GETING DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
48
Why do i keep geting defaeted!is it because i'm balance?is there some special strategy?





Morgan Stormheart LV45

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
40
most balance people first shield the enemies school then they weakness them and then they blade up and trap and when they have enough pips BOOM! judgement


Luke Griffenspear Fire GM 8)
Austin Stormbringer level 24

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
129
Yup. If you're balance and you keep getting defeated, there's a user error somewhere. Balance is, by far, the easiest class to get warlord in. You should only lose to good fire or myth players, and maybe a few other specific ones who REALLY know their schools and have kick-butt strats (especially ice).

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
wolf179 wrote:
Why do i keep geting defaeted!is it because i'm balance?is there some special strategy?





Morgan Stormheart LV45


Hey,
Well it depends. For us sorcerers, judgement is our power, but it depends on how we use it. First of all, it needs to be bladed and traped, using hex, balanceblade and bladestorm. For it to be used most wisely, wait until you have all pips. When you are waiting to bump up judgement, shield yourself for all possible attacks. Beware that your opponent will probably use towershield, which can mess it all up. So you have to use it at the right time.

Also, partners help alot. The wise thing to do is buff them with everything possible. Then they can use their lvl 48 spell and kill everyone.

Wildbolt is great for those just-in-case times. If you have any friends with them, they can probably help you out.

Also, be sure you have proper gear that has lots of damage and resist. When you become lvl 50, sorcerers grandmaster gear is :

Hat: Hood of the hidden (from Kraysys in Forum)
Shoes: Snowcrusers tread of tension (Snowcrusher in Drakehatchery)
Robe: Malistaire's Tunic of Torment (Malistaire of course, Crown of fire)

The rings and athames are really what you can get but there is the gurtok option, hoarder, and a few others.

Lastly, dont try too hard. Thats what can really mess you up. Focus on strategy, but stay positive.

Hope i helped any!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
140
Well, maybe your deck is suited to fight monsters, not other people, who have an entirely different strategy. I am a Balance wizard, & I don't get beaten that often.

Delver
May 31, 2009
231
Umrag wrote:
Well, maybe your deck is suited to fight monsters, not other people, who have an entirely different strategy.



they are right, i suggest useing tough on your judgement cards and putting them off to the side. When you PvP put them in the treasure card section and stack your regular deck with shields blades traps and heals in that order. this way when your ready to attack you just draw judgement.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
mpetersen68 wrote:


they are right, i suggest useing tough on your judgement cards and putting them off to the side.


Yes, tough is another option. Also, you can easily make judgement treasure cards for your friends just in case its necessary.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
8
possumman14 wrote:
Yup. If you're balance and you keep getting defeated, there's a user error somewhere. Balance is, by far, the easiest class to get warlord in. You should only lose to good fire or myth players, and maybe a few other specific ones who REALLY know their schools and have kick-butt strats (especially ice).


Wrong, balance takes creative thinking; the "Judgment is my only weapon" mentality is what separates typical cut and dry balance players, from innovative thinkers trying to play outside of the box. You might think balance is the strongest school, or the easiest to win with but you are mistaken. As long as you have a solid strategy, you will excel with any school, keep that in mind.

As far as the original topic goes, no one knows why you're losing better than yourself. Study how your games play out, what could you do to improve and what cards you might be missing during the game. Try out different deck set-ups to find your perfect fit. You will lose many battles before you find your comfortable spot and start winning regularly.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
9
if thats the case, perhaps its your health, or you need a new stragity-ill tell you mine,i use super death trap until i have a vampire or a skeletal pirate and .....................KABOOOOOM!!!!!!(sometimes this dosnt work-normally when i dont go first)with that stratagey i did wizard city krokotopia(only actully half finished,but it worked well)and i got grizzleheim and thats how far it got me cuz grizzleheim is hard. in pvp loads of shields and a good spell and very good partnes overwise DUN DUN DUN!!!! i have problems in pvp tho.



hope i helped. jessica skullbreeze level.23 necromancer

Delver
May 31, 2009
231
madv2c3 wrote:
Wrong, balance takes creative thinking; the "Judgment is my only weapon" mentality is what separates typical cut and dry balance players, from innovative thinkers trying to play outside of the box.


There is no doubt that balance has many weapons avielible to use in the areana, however you cannot deny that judement is the ultimate attack for a balance player w/ a possible 1400 damage before any bonuses it is second only to triton from storm and that only because storm has more bonuses that it can use.
I am not going to get into an argument here about the pros and cons of judgement, there are to many to practicly discuss. Balance spells like hydra and specral blast while useful with their bonuses are irradic or easliy blocked in some way to make them less affective. I have used hydra followed by spectral blast to win before, several times in fact. But shielding, boosting, trapping, and zapping while building up to my judgement attack has still been my most effective method of winning even against myth.

you are correct that it lacks imagination,but "if it ain`t broke don`t fix it"

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
8
mpetersen68 wrote:
madv2c3 wrote:
Wrong, balance takes creative thinking; the "Judgment is my only weapon" mentality is what separates typical cut and dry balance players, from innovative thinkers trying to play outside of the box.


There is no doubt that balance has many weapons avielible to use in the areana, however you cannot deny that judement is the ultimate attack for a balance player w/ a possible 1400 damage before any bonuses it is second only to triton from storm and that only because storm has more bonuses that it can use.
I am not going to get into an argument here about the pros and cons of judgement, there are to many to practicly discuss. Balance spells like hydra and specral blast while useful with their bonuses are irradic or easliy blocked in some way to make them less affective. I have used hydra followed by spectral blast to win before, several times in fact. But shielding, boosting, trapping, and zapping while building up to my judgement attack has still been my most effective method of winning even against myth.

you are correct that it lacks imagination,but "if it ain`t broke don`t fix it"


Yes, I completely agree with you in that most battles will be won by your driving force, judgment. But in relation to the person who was asking for help, I think trying out every aspect of balance before sticking to one is a necessary step in the learning curve. He/she may find that, as you said, they will be more inclined to using a hydra and spectral blast combo, or anything else. Balance is very flexible and you should definitely use that to your advantage.

Historian
May 15, 2009
673


well i have a grandmaster sorcerer and i would get at least to 30 for decent robes hats boots etc as balance has higher power pip percentages than any other school ( good news for you)

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
129
"madv2c3" wrote:
Wrong, balance takes creative thinking; the "Judgment is my only weapon" mentality is what separates typical cut and dry balance players, from innovative thinkers trying to play outside of the box. You might think balance is the strongest school, or the easiest to win with but you are mistaken. As long as you have a solid strategy, you will excel with any school, keep that in mind.


1. I do keep that in mind, seeing as how I have three grandmaster warlords.

2. You need to re-read what I said. All I said is that, with balance, you can easily ride up to warlord. I didn't say that you can keep warlord. Relying solely on judgment can easily get you a thousand rating, but after that you have to adjust your play. My balance guy snoozed to warlord, and then I adjusted gameplay for when I had to start fighting the cream of the crop. I'm not about to reinvent the wheel because I started at private by developing a whole new strat against people that can be mowed down with no effort.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
63
Thechaosmagician wrote:


well i have a grandmaster sorcerer and i would get at least to 30 for decent robes hats boots etc as balance has higher power pip percentages than any other school ( good news for you)
balance life and death has the same power pip percentages when they grands fyi

Survivor
May 22, 2009
48
Thx for the help i'll try what you guys said.but my BIG trouble is storm.like wild bolts and i'm dead. can some tell me something about that.
oh and anybody have some tricks if go balance against balance.







Again thx

Morgan Stormheart LV 47

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
140
wolf179 wrote:
Thx for the help i'll try what you guys said.but my BIG trouble is storm.like wild bolts and i'm dead. can some tell me something about that.
oh and anybody have some tricks if go balance against balance.







Again thx

Morgan Stormheart LV 47


A wild bolter is easy to deal with if you keep a cool head. Just spam shields and don't worry about anything.

A storm wizard who uses wild bolt, on the other hand, is much more dangerous, because he can pop your shields with a weak spell like Thunder Snake. In that case, be on the attack. Summon your minion, bother him with weak spells that will nevertheless cut his health low. And always leave pips to heal!

Survivor
May 22, 2009
48
Umrag wrote:
wolf179 wrote:
Thx for the help i'll try what you guys said.but my BIG trouble is storm.like wild bolts and i'm dead. can some tell me something about that.
oh and anybody have some tricks if go balance against balance.







Again thx

Morgan Stormheart LV 47


A wild bolter is easy to deal with if you keep a cool head. Just spam shields and don't worry about anything.

A storm wizard who uses wild bolt, on the other hand, is much more dangerous, because he can pop your shields with a weak spell like Thunder Snake. In that case, be on the attack. Summon your minion, bother him with weak spells that will nevertheless cut his health low. And always leave pips to heal!

thx for the help butthe problem with shield is there never at the right place at the right time.if i need a shield NOW IT'S NOT THERE.and again does anyone know any tricks for balance agianst balance

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
balance agianst balance would be hard. but there is always a way to get around too a persons weak point

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
38
i know very good strategeys. i beat for people { life life myth storm } and you know we had the same thing but no myth just me fire. we were losing the WHOLE TIME for 3 straight hours we were losing that fight. then i drag WITH ABSORBS and those lifes go down. eventually we win. but my stragetey is take out the life and then go for the storm.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
5
:(
wolf179 wrote:
Why do i keep geting defaeted!is it because i'm balance?is there some special strategy?





Morgan Stormheart LV45

lol there's no strategy... I am a level 50 ice and i never win! I am usually defeated by balance so just keep trying :P

? Sabrina DreamCatcher lvl 50, Ice ?

P.S. if you are wondering how to make these >>> ? <<< hold down the Alt key and then type 1,4. :D

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
49
Want a few of my tips? :-D

1: Never pass up a turn. If you are low on pips, cast a ward or blade to help yourself. Keep plenty of zero rank spells so you can do this.
2: Keep a healing spell in your deck!
3: If your high enough level, summon a minion to distract your opponent.
4: Protect and revive your teammates whenever possible!
5: You can check an ally or opponent's level by running over their school icon, just before you join a group.
6: Cast wards when you notice an opponent with an unusually high amount of pips. This could mean a powerful spell is coming, especially if the person is of a high level.

Connor Raveneyes, LV. 36 Thaurmatage.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
23
thx for the help butthe problem with shield is there never at the right place at the right time.if i need a shield NOW IT'S NOT THERE.and again does anyone know any tricks for balance agianst balance
Me to every time i need an attack i get a shield and vice-versa!

Survivor
May 22, 2009
48
Hey!

It's me again! What's the best secondary school and third school. Right now mine are life and fire, my first was ice and death. What's yours? I want to know your opinion.

See yah later!

Morgan Stormheart
Lv 48


Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
I'm currently playing a balance character. To me, it is the most boring character I've played in Wizard101, the 100 per pip judgement card is so strong I don't use any other attack, I simply cast two blades and two traps (one being death school's 70% trap). I seldom ever have to shield, I rarely and I mean very rarely as in almost never have to heal. I don't use hardly any other balance cards other than traps, blades, judgement, and occaisonally shields. I kill 1v1 fairly fast, and I one hit stuff even when they are of my school or use tower shields. If they have high balance resistance they may pose a slight problem, but normally I can get my damage so high that it doesn't matter what they have, if it does matter I simply draw a treasure card high damage non-balance attack and resolve the matter with my blades and traps that work with anything.

The funny thing about balance is that since it has access to so many blades and traps that work with anything and has the triple school blades and traps and can get ahold of treasure blades and traps as well, balance school will actually do more damage than storm school when using the same storm school cards that storm school is using (how sick is that?). My only conclusion is that Wizard101 staff must play primarily balance characters and as such has stacked the entire game and PvP arena so that balance players completely own. Too bad that for me balance is incredibly boring, though overly strong. Even all the hard to get drops hand out grand balance equipment without any problems at all to those who need them.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
3
1