Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I hate to say it but....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2010
5
You can also build up your resist with stronger clothing and items

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
Maria Fairystaff on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
You are all pvp people aren't you?

Anyway you all could create your own ice wizards and max them out then wouldn't think they're overpowered because you would the person with all the resist.
I shouldn't have to pick ice to be able to do well in PvP. All schools should be equal, and witch ices massive resist (and in some cases immunity), things are falling out of balance.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
82
Don't being going out on us we have a tough time on bosses bro I think pvp makes up for this!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
KorekuEternal on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
I shouldn't have to pick ice to be able to do well in PvP. All schools should be equal, and witch ices massive resist (and in some cases immunity), things are falling out of balance.
My Storm is doing just fine in PVP, so is my Fire, although I dont use my fire as often as I do my storm, but then, I like a challenge.

Armor Piercing and infallible will work wonders especially with converts. You convert that massive resistance to middle resistance, then you are shredding their resistance with armor piercing.

You have excellent power boosts for both fire and storm and even better critical compared to the low power of Ice and very low critical chance that Ice has.

Ice does not have the best block either and many Ice use the wrong gear to get high resistance, meaning they dont have high critical block and those critical hits go through doing double damage.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
36
I've defeated lots of level 90 Ice wizards. I tend to scorpion them to death.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
Taletalon on Jul 8, 2012 wrote:
Ice is just getting too overpowered in pvp. For real. I mean, look at their resist for fire and storm. You can get 100, I repeat 100, percent resist for storm and ice, and still have 53 universal resist.
I'm sure KI put converts for absoluletly no reason. They are useless. I have no idea why my storm uses them. My storm is level 70 repeat level 70 so not even level enough to run into super ices at all. Yet he carries converts. WHAAT?! Yeah I for some reason am able to take the time to use converts and get around resist with an infallible and a stormblade and boom my triton just did 1500 to an ice player. You have to take advantage of the things that KI gave you.

Wolf Stormblood, The Distastrous Diviner

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
3
well you have to use cards like infallible,pierce ect but they are really hard to beat still

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
3
Zeze 121 on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
Ice and Storm are not "over powered" . Every school can beat each other and they have the same amount of pros and cons. You just have to take your time to figure out a way to beat them not complain.
Yes i totally agree every school can beat each other.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
41
Kevin Deaththorn on Jul 9, 2012 wrote:
I hate to say it but....

You can pierce through a good majority of those resist points. Infallible tc, extraordinary, they are down to 60 storm and fire, and 20 everything else.

You can use a convert, and then infallible tc, and extraordinary. They are down to 20 resist to your school. Dont think that a bladed efreet, or bladed levy wont hurt them. Use feint if you have to, they could already be down to half of their health. I wont deny killing ice with av craft gear is hard, but not impossible.

Note, ice attacks really dont do to much with shields. Thats what the thermatic, and glacial shields are for.
LOL I wish there was a like post button. How bout it KI?

Wolf Nightcaller balance lvl 90 1st age warlord

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
84
hndsa1997 on Jul 10, 2012 wrote:
Yeah ice and storm are "over powered " in the area it's kingsisle is favoring ice and storm more than others specialy fire we fire didn't get any thing good :? :(
Fire has efreet, which leaves a 90% weakness after attacked. THis can be a big pain to your opponents, especially when they are second. Fire also has fire serpent, which is a really powerful spell and one of my favorites. If you have a couple blades, you can kill ices with this easy. I myself am an Ice, a former commander in pvp before they reset the ranks. (I don't use av crafted gear.)

Survivor
Mar 12, 2010
10
People are just going to complain about this....

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
11
I dont know why you guys are complaining! we death are under powered! we have no resist and we are used in 3v3 and 4v4 so we can spam weakness! theres no fun in that! i want to get out there and be Op in pvp, we need more resist And better spells!

Survivor
May 14, 2011
3
I've got a 90 ice and is not overpowered, I got 51 univesal resist and 81 storm and fire. I've been beaten by so many storms and fire its not that hard to beat a ice if you dont complain and make a stragery. It takes about 5-6 rounds to make snow angel or lord of winter strong, leaving plenty of time to mess them up before they can hit. I've been beaten by every wizard a good number of times, so stop complaining and come up with a good stragery.

Luke Raintail
1st age pvp warlord

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
105
Stevenah050 on May 2, 2013 wrote:
I dont know why you guys are complaining! we death are under powered! we have no resist and we are used in 3v3 and 4v4 so we can spam weakness! theres no fun in that! i want to get out there and be Op in pvp, we need more resist And better spells!
True that!
Its so hard to be death in pvp. I'll just have to keep trying...or resort to low level pvp..

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
26
Kevin Deaththorn on Jul 9, 2012 wrote:
I hate to say it but....

You can pierce through a good majority of those resist points. Infallible tc, extraordinary, they are down to 60 storm and fire, and 20 everything else.

You can use a convert, and then infallible tc, and extraordinary. They are down to 20 resist to your school. Dont think that a bladed efreet, or bladed levy wont hurt them. Use feint if you have to, they could already be down to half of their health. I wont deny killing ice with av craft gear is hard, but not impossible.

Note, ice attacks really dont do to much with shields. Thats what the thermatic, and glacial shields are for.
I think you’re missing the point.

Fire needs to use infallible, unstoppable and other pierce just to get Ice resistance down to 50%.

If Ice does the same infallible, unstoppable and other pierce, they get Fire down to 0% resistance. That's zero resistance.

Ice then can blade 3 times, uses Wooly Mammoth, and it’s over for fire. They win.

Ice is no longer the weak sister school. Death is.

Wooly Mammoth is more powerful than Efreet, and the new level 90 spell is over 1,000 damage. So, by having 85 resistance against fire, over 5,000 health, damage spells that do 1,000 damage without enchantment, Ice has no worries against Fire.

Just so you fully understand this, it bears repeating.

If Ice and Fire both do the same things: infallible, unstoppable, and other pierce:
Fire reduces Ice resistance to almost 50%.
Ice reduces Fire resistance to 0%. That’s ZERO percent resistance against Fire.

Idon’t know what KingsIsle is thinking with this. Ice now has the power that fire has.

The fix would be to give Fire comparable resistance against ice.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
186
I think the Jade gear is more of a threat right now.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
91
Kevin Deaththorn on Jul 9, 2012 wrote:
I hate to say it but....

You can pierce through a good majority of those resist points. Infallible tc, extraordinary, they are down to 60 storm and fire, and 20 everything else.

You can use a convert, and then infallible tc, and extraordinary. They are down to 20 resist to your school. Dont think that a bladed efreet, or bladed levy wont hurt them. Use feint if you have to, they could already be down to half of their health. I wont deny killing ice with av craft gear is hard, but not impossible.

Note, ice attacks really dont do to much with shields. Thats what the thermatic, and glacial shields are for.
dude we all know about the piercing and stuff but seriously that won't fully work they will just keep spamming shields and if they have a myth mastery they will just keep spamming vaporize so you can't shatter or earth quake them. and plus even if storm or fire converts they can just shield right after the convert happens and the storm and fire shield will still activate,unless they go first and are planning on attacking next round then it's ok. and remember yo i am not yelling at you i am just stating the facts and believe me i do not take this game seriously at all only when i'm in a very difficult battle so that's my opinion right here don't have to agree if ya don't want to. (Blaze Moonmender promethean )

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
146
I hope he realizes that ice has low attack on gear compared to fires high attack stat in addition to the attack thats just on the cards. the point is people who don't have ices assume its op but the damage they output are mad weak to make up for it. If ices were like every other school the game wouldn't be fun or unique and truthfully there are places in the world with ice so cold fire cant melt it so it does make sense defense wise.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
64
I agree everyone says Life and Storm are overpowering they aren't!!!!!! Ice is!!!!!

Esmee SkyThistle

Cheyenne StormHunter

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
89
I kind of have to agree, whenever I have to fight an Ice wizard, I'm like, "Ugggh."

Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
20
I really hope you all know that ice is more powerful because they said so. Read the little book quests, they tell you ice must be more powerful. Also, we have the weakest attacks, even life does more damage. Death can heal and attack, witch is always good. Myth is guess is the medium school, they are really balances. Ice can barley do any damage, and fire is made to kill ices in PvP. They do damage over time, we have to spam shields just to last a little while.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
Dear Ice Whiners;

Each school has their own strengths and weaknesses. Ice happens to have health and resistance, but it does not have good damage (spells and damage boost), accuracy is lacking on gear, critical isn't very high, and the list goes on.

What people focus on is the resistance, believing that Ice is overpowered because of it. This is not true. Each school has their strengths and people need to focus on that. Ice has to do a lot of buffing to be able to even come close to hitting decently, compared to other schools like Storm and Fire, who can have major hits without much, or any effort.

Sure, my Ice did very well in PvP, but that's because of strategy and skill, knowing my school inside and out, and doing my best to be an offense as well as a defense player.

Survivor
May 16, 2013
20
Simple Sorcery on May 4, 2013 wrote:
I think you’re missing the point.

Fire needs to use infallible, unstoppable and other pierce just to get Ice resistance down to 50%.

If Ice does the same infallible, unstoppable and other pierce, they get Fire down to 0% resistance. That's zero resistance.

Ice then can blade 3 times, uses Wooly Mammoth, and it’s over for fire. They win.

Ice is no longer the weak sister school. Death is.

Wooly Mammoth is more powerful than Efreet, and the new level 90 spell is over 1,000 damage. So, by having 85 resistance against fire, over 5,000 health, damage spells that do 1,000 damage without enchantment, Ice has no worries against Fire.

Just so you fully understand this, it bears repeating.

If Ice and Fire both do the same things: infallible, unstoppable, and other pierce:
Fire reduces Ice resistance to almost 50%.
Ice reduces Fire resistance to 0%. That’s ZERO percent resistance against Fire.

Idon’t know what KingsIsle is thinking with this. Ice now has the power that fire has.

The fix would be to give Fire comparable resistance against ice.
HA, thats funny! HAHA. Guess what happens when you put a convert on? An ice's resist goes down from 85 (that is a BIG exageration btw) to around 45. Now do the pierce thing. What do you have now? Somewhere around 5-10% resist right? And give fire the resist that ice has? Are you kidding me? Did you EVER look at the difference in the power of the spells? Frost giant: 475 damage. Fire dragon 530 (i don't know exact numbers) and then + several rounds of damage! Ice has no worries against fire? Are you kidding me? I've been KOed by a fire wizard who bladed up and did 8000 damage to me with a critical Sun Serpent. You guys forget the fact that you can have around 300 critical. While my Ice's block is about 150 slap a vengeance on there and ill never block.

Fire and Storm people need to chill out, convert, and stop complaining
Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
24
Ice is very overpowered at high levels(once they get mammoth and angel), not as much at lower levels. The reason everyone has an opinion that is different is that different schools are over-powered at different levels. If you look at the leader board, it is clear that in the 50s and 60s levels Ice and Balance have a clear advantage over other schools. Ice stays much higher ranked by count even in the higher levels (if you look at say all the level 90s and 80s on the leader board) there are still many more ice than anything else (at least at the time of this post). That would make one assume that Ice is a little bit stronger than they should be, mainly due to their resist. It think a lot of it is due to their immunity gear and trap stacking ability.
Death is strong at high levels, but they are very weak at lower levels and if you sort the leader board by school you can see clearly that life and death are under powered at most levels.
What I always laugh about is those of you that say, oh you can beat this type of wizard by doing x, y, and z. The problem is to beat ice you have to design your deck to fight just ice... and then you will lose if you go against anyone else. Ice can build one deck and be extremely good against anyone, so they wind up winning the most matches while the rest of us all try to build a deck that is good in all scenarios but then get caught by balance (not enough tower), storm (not enough resist/heals/shields), ice (not enough attack). BTW, yes I have Ice, Myth, and Storm wizards and all are knight or above.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
bradley694z on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Ice is very overpowered at high levels(once they get mammoth and angel), not as much at lower levels. The reason everyone has an opinion that is different is that different schools are over-powered at different levels. If you look at the leader board, it is clear that in the 50s and 60s levels Ice and Balance have a clear advantage over other schools. Ice stays much higher ranked by count even in the higher levels (if you look at say all the level 90s and 80s on the leader board) there are still many more ice than anything else (at least at the time of this post). That would make one assume that Ice is a little bit stronger than they should be, mainly due to their resist. It think a lot of it is due to their immunity gear and trap stacking ability.
Death is strong at high levels, but they are very weak at lower levels and if you sort the leader board by school you can see clearly that life and death are under powered at most levels.
What I always laugh about is those of you that say, oh you can beat this type of wizard by doing x, y, and z. The problem is to beat ice you have to design your deck to fight just ice... and then you will lose if you go against anyone else. Ice can build one deck and be extremely good against anyone, so they wind up winning the most matches while the rest of us all try to build a deck that is good in all scenarios but then get caught by balance (not enough tower), storm (not enough resist/heals/shields), ice (not enough attack). BTW, yes I have Ice, Myth, and Storm wizards and all are knight or above.
Sorry, but I disagree. Ice is not over-powered. Again, people assume the gear they have gives them immunity, which is does not. If you add in a pet with double resist combined with the best gear, the resist to Fire and Storm are 80% and more, but not to any other school. Trap stacking isn't anything special for Ice than any other school (especially those who use Jade Gear), so that doesn't fly, either.

Just because there might be more Ice than anything else on the leader board, isn't an assumption that Ice is stronger than they should be (because of their resist). Sorry, this just doesn't apply. The leader boards don't tell you how Ice won. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4.

Ice is made for defense. Storm and Fire are made for offense. Besides, there are so many PvP'ers out there who wear the Jade Gear, that they can have more resist than Ice does, and to all schools, ranging from 69% to 89%, depending on how high a level the player is and what their pet has.

All of my wizards were Knight or above in the 1st age. I had no problems ranking my Storm, Fire, Ice, Myth, Death and Balance, because I learned each of my schools inside and out and became very good at playing them in PvE and PvP.