Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I am level 24 got beat by level 16 in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
14
there gear out beat me an i am the level i am but they had resist like crazy an top it all of there high pvp rank then myself i am a noob at pvp why am i facing off with people who have better gear then myself or max out pets

how was that a fair or equal match?? i say ditch the crown gear an won pvp gear an pets an treasure cards should only be on your own level that includes the treasure cards

or better yet no treasure cards allowed in pvp either so no one can be unfair in pvp an be in a proper rank match

an for those who want use there pvp gear an crowns items should have there own pvp area separate from those who don't have crown items or high rank in pvp or max out pets up to mega or ultra i say give them there own area.

Or Make It Fair for everyone by removing those things so we can have a fair match base on skill.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
843
tiffanydeathtammer on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:
there gear out beat me an i am the level i am but they had resist like crazy an top it all of there high pvp rank then myself i am a noob at pvp why am i facing off with people who have better gear then myself or max out pets

how was that a fair or equal match?? i say ditch the crown gear an won pvp gear an pets an treasure cards should only be on your own level that includes the treasure cards

or better yet no treasure cards allowed in pvp either so no one can be unfair in pvp an be in a proper rank match

an for those who want use there pvp gear an crowns items should have there own pvp area separate from those who don't have crown items or high rank in pvp or max out pets up to mega or ultra i say give them there own area.

Or Make It Fair for everyone by removing those things so we can have a fair match base on skill.
And you were matched with a level 16, under your suggestions of how to make pvp fair, how is that a "fair" match up? Without their gear, pet or TC ( which you can farm for, hatch for & buy in the bazaar ) how would they have ever beaten you?
I guess it's OK by you for a level 24 being matched with a level 16, if all both have is "standard" gear.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
14
the character was level 16 but had much high rank in pvp then my self i think they were knight an was fire student
they had boots an hat of pvp knight rank an had crown item robes with mega pet

i myself was a private still new to the pvp sense it was my first time ever in it

an i happen to be level 24 life student

there is no way i can go to darkmoor let alone any other place

Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
14
anecorbie on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:
And you were matched with a level 16, under your suggestions of how to make pvp fair, how is that a "fair" match up? Without their gear, pet or TC ( which you can farm for, hatch for & buy in the bazaar ) how would they have ever beaten you?
I guess it's OK by you for a level 24 being matched with a level 16, if all both have is "standard" gear.
the game was auto an they had rank in pvp as knight there hat an boots were pvp knight gear an then they had crown item robes with critical ratings an the pet was mega they had major resist an major damage they could give me with also had block ratings

mine was regaler robes an hat an boots an i had pet up to adults

so how was my set up fair or even close to being equal?

Mastermind
Sep 01, 2009
388
PvP is broken. Privates are being matched against captains, level 5 players have Burning Rampage, it's absolutely ridiculous. Your complaint is one of the more frequent, and yet, nothing changes. And it adds insult to injury when another player tells you it's your fault for not having the best gear, pet, and tons of gold to spend on treasure cards.

My suggestion? Level up. Higher level players do not rely solely on TCs to win, and you will have a better chance at finding a fairer match. Of course, I avoid PvP like the plague, because I go into the arena thinking it's a game, and more often than not, am matched against someone who takes this all way too seriously.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
843
Snee432 on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
PvP is broken. Privates are being matched against captains, level 5 players have Burning Rampage, it's absolutely ridiculous. Your complaint is one of the more frequent, and yet, nothing changes. And it adds insult to injury when another player tells you it's your fault for not having the best gear, pet, and tons of gold to spend on treasure cards.

My suggestion? Level up. Higher level players do not rely solely on TCs to win, and you will have a better chance at finding a fairer match. Of course, I avoid PvP like the plague, because I go into the arena thinking it's a game, and more often than not, am matched against someone who takes this all way too seriously.
If you're entering Ranked PVP, then it falls on you to do as other PVP players do: get the good gear, hatch that pet, and use TC ( if you can ).
Having sub-par gear isn't going to help you, nothing is going to be handed to you.

Mastermind
Sep 01, 2009
388
anecorbie on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
If you're entering Ranked PVP, then it falls on you to do as other PVP players do: get the good gear, hatch that pet, and use TC ( if you can ).
Having sub-par gear isn't going to help you, nothing is going to be handed to you.
It's. A. Game. Win or lose in PvP, it matters not a whit. PvP used to be fun, the PvP lobby used to be filled with players who were equally matched. Before mastery amulets, before level 5 players had access to high-level, trained spells, back when your pet options were limited, and back when low-level warlords were extremely rare, if you ever saw one at all.

Now, PvP has become a breeding ground for bullies, trolls, boosters, braggarts, and frankly, quite a few very unkind people. People like the total stranger who told me my pet had "failed," and that I was a "loser." All I was doing was standing in the lobby, not typing a thing, and some random bully decided his magus myth was all that and a bag of chips compared to my max death. Because he had the word "warlord" floating above his little cartoon head.

It's. A. Game. It's supposed to be fun, and challenging, but mostly fun. PvP is anything but fun.

Finally, yes, thank you, I know "nothing is going to be handed" to me. In real life. Because at the end of the day, real life matters, PvP in a game does not.

I would remind the OP that PvP isn't important, and if you're not having fun, don't do it. There are many fun things to do in Wiz, including gardening (double points!), pet training (double xp!), the Lost Pages, the Telegraph Boxes, and other cool birthday events. Catch some birthday fish, slay some Lost Pages or Telegraph Boxes bosses!

And most importantly, have fun.