Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you design new arena gear?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
If you could create new arena gear how would you do it?
Firstly it should only be available to level 52 and higher to avoid complicating low level pvp.
My second point would be about the health penalty. Commander gear has a health penalty that I believe should be changed from a fixed number to a percentage. Losing 100 health means alot more to say storm as it does to ice or life, a health percentage reduction makes this penalty fair. So first it would be -8% health, something along those lines.
Damage and universal resistance should be increased but remain in balance with commander gear. Pvp lacks resistance right now and I think this would solve alot of issues in pvp.
Critical and critical block should be at a level that would be considered fair and put people on an even playing field. Attack 70 resistance 70 maybe.
I could be flawed on a few points just throwing out some ideas :-) how would you construct level 58 arena gear?

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
You're wrong about one thing. The gear takes away MANA not health. Your ideas are good but to much resistance wont be good. For and ice with that resist its impossible to beat. They gear now already gives a lot of resistance, and i find it hard to beat people with that gear. Other than that your ideas are good. :-o

Andrew-Legendary Life, PvP warlord

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
jokerrules wrote:
You're wrong about one thing. The gear takes away MANA not health. Your ideas are good but to much resistance wont be good. For and ice with that resist its impossible to beat. They gear now already gives a lot of resistance, and i find it hard to beat people with that gear. Other than that your ideas are good. :-o

Andrew-Legendary Life, PvP warlord

Thx. I think the resist would be less noticable with other schools. Ice is a mountain to climb partly because of resist but their base health is so huge. Maybe I'm onto something with my mistake? Have a health penalty of -10% rather than a mana one? way I boost my defense to near 50 when i fight death (when I know who I'm against) who are more than likely 150 critical and they rip right through the defense. The gear would give half the critical block of the high end critical players so the ones who wanted to stay full out critical could do so at the risk of having no defense. Anyone got any other ideas? Just something feels a little off in arena, how can we fix it?