Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to Win?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
So, I'm a Storm. And I'm looking for a strategy that fits me.

I love to have a mix of attacks and shields/heals, but it doesn't add up. If you have any tips, could you please tell me?

I'm a level 66 with the Waterworks helmet and boots and the Burned Robfull Waterworks gear.

Thanks for you consideration.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, Legendary Diviner and Pwner of Mithraya

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
ionya wrote:

I love to have a mix of attacks and shields/heals, but it doesn't add up. If you have any tips, could you please tell me?

I'm a level 66 with the Waterworks helmet and boots and the Burned Robe.

Hey-hey Scarlet, Storm is an amazing school, one that could easily be on top in the arena. Here are some tips for pvp assuming you're doing 1v1. Storm does some insane damage, but lacks a DOT(Damage Over Time). I would reccomend using spells like Lightning Bats and Thunder Snake as shield Breakers. Also don't rely on using Elemental Blade. Storm can hit hard fast, so its greatest ally would be the storm bubble: Darkwind(At least I think thats what its called). With Darkwind you shouldn't have blading up slow you down. Also use only Storm Blade with Darkwind in play when when your opponent is in the kill-zone. I mean, its a natural instinct for a pvper to shield after you set up a blade so don't rely on storm blade to be you main boost. Also it is prefered if you can get a 35% bubble. Remember, the bubble is one of the Storm's best friend.
- Jason StrongHeart

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
JasonStrongHeart wrote:
ionya wrote:

I'm a level 66 with the Waterworks helmet and boots and the Burned Robe.

Hey-hey Scarlet, Storm is an amazing school, one that could easily be on top in the arena. Here are some tips for pvp assuming you're doing 1v1. Storm does some insane damage, but lacks a DOT(Damage Over Time). I would reccomend using spells like Lightning Bats and Thunder Snake as shield Breakers. Also don't rely on using Elemental Blade. Storm can hit hard fast, so its greatest ally would be the storm bubble: Darkwind(At least I think thats what its called). With Darkwind you shouldn't have blading up slow you down. Also use only Storm Blade with Darkwind in play when when your opponent is in the kill-zone. I mean, its a natural instinct for a pvper to shield after you set up a blade so don't rely on storm blade to be you main boost. Also it is prefered if you can get a 35% bubble. Remember, the bubble is one of the Storm's best friend.
- Jason StrongHeart

Thank you Jason for your amazing tips. I shall try to use this when I next do a 1v1.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Well its another storm in the arena I see.

My advice to you is stick with lower lvl attacks. Most storms don't have health to stay in a match to build. Plus since you don't have a DoT your building will be for nothing when they shield. Your best attacks would be Kraken, storm bats, wild bolt, insane bolt(for the make it or break), infection, doom(you might need it), gargantuan, and Triton(for the kill). Also use infallible it is a great spell and it will help a lot when you fight other people.

The strategy is mainly just throw up infallible and start using your attacks. If you want you can also put up the storm bubble which could help boost your attacks even more.

If your about to die and the opponent is almost dead also you might wanna go with insane bolt.

I have seen some successful storms using the new avalon crafted gear. It gives them a lot of critical. With it they use the aura vengeance and then just start attacking. Usually they critical on every attack that way and it isn't easy to block it.

When you reach avalon I highly recommend you get the crafted gear.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
Well its another storm in the arena I see.

My advice to you is stick with lower lvl attacks. Most storms don't have health to stay in a match to build. Plus since you don't have a DoT your building will be for nothing when they shield. Your best attacks would be Kraken, storm bats, wild bolt, insane bolt(for the make it or break), infection, doom(you might need it), gargantuan, and Triton(for the kill). Also use infallible it is a great spell and it will help a lot when you fight other people.

The strategy is mainly just throw up infallible and start using your attacks. If you want you can also put up the storm bubble which could help boost your attacks even more.

If your about to die and the opponent is almost dead also you might wanna go with insane bolt.

I have seen some successful storms using the new avalon crafted gear. It gives them a lot of critical. With it they use the aura vengeance and then just start attacking. Usually they critical on every attack that way and it isn't easy to block it.

When you reach avalon I highly recommend you get the crafted gear.

I agree with everything here, except the crafted gear. I refuse to spend hours, days, and even months on crafting gear that will be forgotten in the next world.

HOWEVER, on the original subject, stick to low level attacks. Forget about blades, keep him down and out. Use a dark wind in the beginning, and take 'em out.

-Gtafraek101

~Eric CrowSpear-Archmage-Diviner