Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to Decrease Messed-Up Matchings

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Decreases messed up matches at midlevel but not entirely.

Maximum time you stay in queue before requeueing

1v1- 2 minutes
2v2 - 3 minutes
3v3 - 4 minutes
4v4 - 5 minutes

Hope this helps midlevel PvPers,
LW

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Requeing would just restart what is happening. I understand your upset that it takes a while to find your perfect match up for PvP. But they can't always be playing.. PvP is a player controlled factor if there aren't a lot of midlevel high ranks playing then it will try and give you a separate match up that is out of your rank and/or level. So while i can understand that you are getting "The short end of the stick" as long as midlevel PvP doesnt appeal to a lot people, not a lot of matches will happen. Which is why it will pair you with legendaries...

Now go on and lets talk about another off topic subject and then darth will come in and yet again we will have another discussion that leads absolutely no were.. Unless you actually read my post for once, and if thats the case tyvm xD

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
No, you missed the point entirely again, Thorvon.

Why do I have to be baby-sitting this legend that knows so frightfully little about midlevel PvP in EVERY one of my midlevel PvP posts?

Gosh.

Ok, Thorvon, READ!!!

the longer you sit in queue, the higher the chance you will be matched against something messed up, like a gm or a legend, so midlevel needs to requeue not because they are impatient but to have a higher chance of fighting another midlevel.

ok, again, hope this helps midlevels in PvP.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:
No, you missed the point entirely again, Thorvon.

Why do I have to be baby-sitting this legend that knows so frightfully little about midlevel PvP in EVERY one of my midlevel PvP posts?

Gosh.

Ok, Thorvon, READ!!!

the longer you sit in queue, the higher the chance you will be matched against something messed up, like a gm or a legend, so midlevel needs to requeue not because they are impatient but to have a higher chance of fighting another midlevel.

ok, again, hope this helps midlevels in PvP.

Ok I'm done with trying to argue with you because i obviously did answer it... If there aren't the midlevel PvPers which there aren't a lot of your not going to get the que...

I'm simply done, It is impossible to not see i answered your complaint and if you don't see it or say you don't your just trying to mess around.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
laurawatersong wrote:

1v1- 2 minutes
2v2 - 3 minutes
3v3 - 4 minutes
4v4 - 5 minutes

LW

I like this idea. Being a midlevel PvPer myself I can relate to your dilemma. I think something should be done to resolve this issue, but maybe instead of requeing, they could simply change how the match ups are decided (More based on rank, less on Lvl) Good Idea though!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Hey guys,
no reason to fight online right?
So stop reaking havic on these message boards.
For your sake.

Sincerly,
The very annoyed Thaumaturge, Jinxx

P.S. If you're going to start fights and disagreements on the message boards Thorvon, don't post.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Laura,

The problem I see here is, that players can already do this themselves.

Players can simply stop their querry for a match and start a new one, however, this leads to the biggest problem of all then, it would take forever to actually find a match at times.

I just dont see this as a good fix, not sure exactly what would, besides seasnakes options screen. That was not a bad suggestion.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Rachael125 wrote:
Hey guys,
For your sake.

Sincerly,

P.S. If you're going to start fights and disagreements on the message boards Thorvon, don't post.

Racheal I have read some of your posts before and I know you actually read the posts. I mean you can't even lie that I trully answered her post. She just is doing this to me because I disagreed with her once now she doesn't like anything I post.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
Rachael125 wrote:
Hey guys,
For your sake.

Sincerly,

Racheal I have read some of your posts before and I know you actually read the posts. I mean you can't even lie that I trully answered her post. She just is doing this to me because I disagreed with her once now she doesn't like anything I post.

I have no problem being reasonable when you are being helpful and reasonable, Thorvon. You answered as a legendary that has little understanding about midlevel dilemmas to this midlevel thread.
Since I had already warned you about this in a different thread, I was not happy.

As a legend, you have no other option but to sit in queue and requeuing strategies are not necessary because there's nobody higher level than you, but lower levels need be a lot more careful than a legend would about length of time in queue. Longer the wait, higher the chance to fight a grandmaster private or legend sub-private that will critically strike you to death in turn one when you have no critical block.

This post is directed towards the players who seek to decreased the messed-up matchings without waiting for Kings Isles to do a fix. This is for the players that want to do something about it today. I know that a lot of my posts are suggested fixes to Kings Isle but this paragraph is to clarify the intended audience of this thread are the midlevel players themselves who read this board.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
laurawatersong wrote:

1v1- 2 minutes
2v2 - 3 minutes
3v3 - 4 minutes
4v4 - 5 minutes

LW

I don't see this problem going away any time soon, my advice if you don't like the match you get. Quit and go back until you find a match that suits you, Online gaming matches are not perfect sometimes, I've played many types of online games and this usually happens when there aren't enough players available online at your skill level. If this happens multiple times during a session, please try logging on at a latter time when more players are usually available to math your skill level of play.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Rachael125 wrote:
Hey guys,
For your sake.

Sincerly,

I have no problem being reasonable when you are being helpful and reasonable, Thorvon. You answered as a legendary that has little understanding about midlevel dilemmas to this midlevel thread.
Since I had already warned you about this in a different thread, I was not happy.

As a legend, you have no other option but to sit in queue and requeuing strategies are not necessary because there's nobody higher level than you, but lower levels need be a lot more careful than a legend would about length of time in queue. Longer the wait, higher the chance to fight a grandmaster private or legend sub-private that will critically strike you to death in turn one when you have no critical block.

This post is directed towards the players who seek to decreased the messed-up matchings without waiting for Kings Isles to do a fix. This is for the players that want to do something about it today. I know that a lot of my posts are suggested fixes to Kings Isle but this paragraph is to clarify the intended audience of this thread are the midlevel players themselves who read this board.

I completely understand this the reason I'm getting mad is because i answered it at a broader scale. I told you that some of these suggestions are nice but PvP is controlled by players there isn't a guarentee that there are a ton of midlevel PvPers PvPing or even any at the time you are. I understand you want to say KI is responsible for this but the bitter truth is that it is all in the hands of the players. If there is not a lot of midlevel PvPers your not going to be matched with someone who is midlevel... This is honestly getting on my nerves because I have typed this same message what like 5 times in hopes you will read it and understand and then someone else posts the exact same point in another one of your posts, And your not going off on him, your not calling him stupid, your not calling him a ranter, or selfish.. And then you go to the extremes of saying I never answered your posts, and tthen this giant spar happens and it is a spar it isn't a debate you don't believe anything i say, then say i never answered your post, then i try and tell you that I did, and you will say again I didn't and it goes on forever...
And if you would have just read an opinion that doesn't even disagree with you it is just stating something.. But no you would rather have a giant spar and then have darth come in and it lasts forever..

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
RosamaryH wrote:
Laura,

The problem I see here is, that players can already do this themselves.

Players can simply stop their querry for a match and start a new one, however, this leads to the biggest problem of all then, it would take forever to actually find a match at times.

I just dont see this as a good fix, not sure exactly what would, besides seasnakes options screen. That was not a bad suggestion.

Yes, the idea is for MIDLEVEL players to do it themselves. This idea is not intended for legends, Rosemary, as that would increase their wait time for no gain - something Thorvon keeps ranting about.

It could take a long time to find a match following these instructions, but that's if you are not playing during peak hours of PvP which is essentially the time school is out during East Coast time zone and ends with the time school is out in the Pacific Coast time zone. You must adjust yourself to those bursts of PvP with the level of subscriptions they have now and how people keep getting turned off of PvP in its none frequently updated state.

The good part about this is that it does not take a long time to find a match during peak hours and if you do get one, it won't be a messed up match.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
d3ath3at3r42 wrote:

I don't see this problem going away any time soon, my advice if you don't like the match you get. Quit and go back until you find a match that suits you, Online gaming matches are not perfect sometimes, I've played many types of online games and this usually happens when there aren't enough players available online at your skill level. If this happens multiple times during a session, please try logging on at a latter time when more players are usually available to math your skill level of play.

I see this response as highly confusing from the perspective of a ranked match PvPer ---- "if you don't like a match, quit and go back till you find a match that suits you"? It's not a good idea to forfeit a ranked match. I guess you are talking about practice matches.

The advice I gave IS meant to be used with the common sense of that you are logging in to PvP at peak PvP hours. I think this is about 2PM-6PM EST.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Just wanted to add that as far as 1v1 is concerned, I've tested this strategy at lot and it's surefire good. JUST make sure that you are fastidiously exact you only stayed in queue for 120 seconds.

If you get a match at 121 seconds, TURN IT DOWN!

Disclaimer: advice is for players under level 50 only.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
Just wanted to add that as far as 1v1 is concerned, I've tested this strategy at lot and it's surefire good. JUST make sure that you are fastidiously exact you only stayed in queue for 120 seconds.

Laura is right on the mark with this, I tried it and it works; have actually been doing this on my own for quite a while but never had any exact times down; so the timing is a great thing!

Anyway, thorvan, everyone knows that if there are few mid-level players on it will be tough to get a decent, fair match, I have run into this problem with all of my characters: legends, mid-levels and low-levels. Laura's post is not addressing this issue because we all pretty much know about that: what she is doing is giving everyone an option to increase the chances of getting better matches. That said, if I am waiting for a mid-level match and I have to keep re-queing( following the time advice), then after about a 1/2 hour of this, with no matches, I will assume their are none online that are my level/rank and move on to other characters to try with them.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:

Surefire Good? I have tested this theory many times and in less than a minute, I have faced on my level 27 Death, levels between grandmaster and legendary...

So, how exactly is this method, surefire good?

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Heian wrote:

I like this idea. Being a midlevel PvPer myself I can relate to your dilemma. I think something should be done to resolve this issue, but maybe instead of requeing, they could simply change how the match ups are decided (More based on rank, less on Lvl) Good Idea though!
:) finally someone else gets it. I could not agree with you more. A skilled wizard at level 15 can easily defeat someone without skill three times their level. Rank is a true statement of HOW WELL they are doing in the arena and should be more of a deciding factor in the point distribution process.

Laura, I think your idea is a good one but merely scrapes the surface of the underlying problem. The system needs a *little* adjusting in my view, but you knew that already.