Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to beat a Jade-KI idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 22, 2012
114
Ever since Jade armor came out, that's all people ever want. Now I have a way to beat it and make pvp more fair, you should make an armor that gives 70+ damage and 60 pierce, not only will this cancel out the Jade's resistance, but it would direct attention away from Jade gear, it would be useless, unless used with pets and stuff. Just some ideas.

If you are ever feeling down, have some peanut butter..

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
The NightSpear on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Ever since Jade armor came out, that's all people ever want. Now I have a way to beat it and make pvp more fair, you should make an armor that gives 70+ damage and 60 pierce, not only will this cancel out the Jade's resistance, but it would direct attention away from Jade gear, it would be useless, unless used with pets and stuff. Just some ideas.

If you are ever feeling down, have some peanut butter..
Problem with pierce is it gets used on the first thing it encounters. So if fire uses an efreet for (with the damage boost) about 2000 damage, and I have a 70% shield, they encounter a 10% shield and my normal 86% resistance. puts them down to about 252 damage. Pierce needs to be changed so that it affects EVERY form of resistance or weakening that appears. If you use an Efreet for 2000 with a 33% pierce, and I have a volcano shield and a tower shield, it should do 37% shield, 17% shield, 53% resist. Before anyone rages against me (Ah stupid jade spammer!!11!1) I normally don't do ranked in it. Also, before anyone starts saying "well you can shatter so that that 60% goes into the enemies resist", Have you ever actually tried to keep all the shields off a jade, especially when they go first? I have every double shield school spell trained, weakness, tower shield, and my side deck is about half reshuffle and half tower shields; your never going to get me to the danger zone.
Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
The NightSpear on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Ever since Jade armor came out, that's all people ever want. Now I have a way to beat it and make pvp more fair, you should make an armor that gives 70+ damage and 60 pierce, not only will this cancel out the Jade's resistance, but it would direct attention away from Jade gear, it would be useless, unless used with pets and stuff. Just some ideas.

If you are ever feeling down, have some peanut butter..
Good thing I'm not down, I'm not into peanut butter lol

Anyway, I would agree with you, that the only way to counter Jade Gear is make an offensive gear. Currently, the Duelist Gear from Brandon is the only one to exsist in the live realm (many more from Aquila are coming, but I won't say anymore).

However, 130wraith has point. Pierce gets used up on the first deffense mechanism it encounters. Critical Pierce with no block exclusive to PvP would be interesting to see as it would allow more shields (all) to be broken. In PvE, we really don't need to see anymore complications right now. I think this might help with Jade Gear, but we'll have to see.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
1320Wraith on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
Problem with pierce is it gets used on the first thing it encounters. So if fire uses an efreet for (with the damage boost) about 2000 damage, and I have a 70% shield, they encounter a 10% shield and my normal 86% resistance. puts them down to about 252 damage. Pierce needs to be changed so that it affects EVERY form of resistance or weakening that appears. If you use an Efreet for 2000 with a 33% pierce, and I have a volcano shield and a tower shield, it should do 37% shield, 17% shield, 53% resist. Before anyone rages against me (Ah stupid jade spammer!!11!1) I normally don't do ranked in it. Also, before anyone starts saying "well you can shatter so that that 60% goes into the enemies resist", Have you ever actually tried to keep all the shields off a jade, especially when they go first? I have every double shield school spell trained, weakness, tower shield, and my side deck is about half reshuffle and half tower shields; your never going to get me to the danger zone.
Mason ShadowwraithPromethean
I agree.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
60 pierce?? thats insane there is piercing gear and your just gonna have to deal with that i have seen gear that brings jade gear down to warlord resist and plz dont say you want warlord gear removed from pvp cause they designed it for pvp

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
maybe the next pack should have gear that totals up to 10 damage 30 resist 30 pierce 50 crit rating 50 block rating at promethean

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
critical blizzard on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
60 pierce?? thats insane there is piercing gear and your just gonna have to deal with that i have seen gear that brings jade gear down to warlord resist and plz dont say you want warlord gear removed from pvp cause they designed it for pvp
Ice can have immunity to 2 schools and jade users can have a whopping 80 resist universal to all schools. Their pets with insane healing boost can heal for 1000+ on a pixie and can spam guardian spirit, which is insane. So yes, we indeed need pierce. Maybe not as much as this, but we still need pierce.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
Ice can have immunity to 2 schools and jade users can have a whopping 80 resist universal to all schools. Their pets with insane healing boost can heal for 1000+ on a pixie and can spam guardian spirit, which is insane. So yes, we indeed need pierce. Maybe not as much as this, but we still need pierce.
This is not true, and everyone keeps saying it. Lets say that Ice has 100 resist to Fire, ok, everyone
says that's immunity. Fire just has to blade up, yes, blade up for a large hit, with a pierce blade and infallible.
That is the way to kill Ice and it works very, very well for my fire. No one has true Immunity in the game,
not even the Jade Queens. The Jades are no pressing 94% resist to all schools, and you can't use a convert to get around it. It anyone wants to complain on Ice, think about the Jades at the same time.
They are the bigger problem for all Wizards, not just Fire and Storm.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Veracity8 on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
This is not true, and everyone keeps saying it. Lets say that Ice has 100 resist to Fire, ok, everyone
says that's immunity. Fire just has to blade up, yes, blade up for a large hit, with a pierce blade and infallible.
That is the way to kill Ice and it works very, very well for my fire. No one has true Immunity in the game,
not even the Jade Queens. The Jades are no pressing 94% resist to all schools, and you can't use a convert to get around it. It anyone wants to complain on Ice, think about the Jades at the same time.
They are the bigger problem for all Wizards, not just Fire and Storm.
Good lord you pull the 94% card a lot. 88% max, 82% if you aren't EXTREMELY lucky with pet training. You honestly need to learn to look at the statistics that are actually there, instead of making up your own to try and get easy wins.
(Not going to statistic post, because I already outlined Jade Resistance and healing in MoonLighterz1000's Pvp rant post; although with my luck that one shows up 12 hours after this one does.)

Mason ShadowwraithJadist

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
772
1320Wraith on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Good lord you pull the 94% card a lot. 88% max, 82% if you aren't EXTREMELY lucky with pet training. You honestly need to learn to look at the statistics that are actually there, instead of making up your own to try and get easy wins.
(Not going to statistic post, because I already outlined Jade Resistance and healing in MoonLighterz1000's Pvp rant post; although with my luck that one shows up 12 hours after this one does.)

Mason ShadowwraithJadist
It is entirely possible with the betta fish which adds 14% school specific resist to 2 schools.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Eric Stormbringer on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
It is entirely possible with the betta fish which adds 14% school specific resist to 2 schools.
"Jades are pressing 94% resist to all schools" was Veracity's specific comment. As I have said plenty of times before, yes you can get higher resistance to several schools if you want to that much. but 94% universal resistance is not possible. Please read comments carefully, I know that you can get 82% universal with several schools higher. As of right now, can't get 94% universal however. Everyone needs to just not spend all day posting anti-jade speeches everywhere, enough said.

Mason ShadowwraithAnti-Anti-Jade speeches

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
1320Wraith on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
"Jades are pressing 94% resist to all schools" was Veracity's specific comment. As I have said plenty of times before, yes you can get higher resistance to several schools if you want to that much. but 94% universal resistance is not possible. Please read comments carefully, I know that you can get 82% universal with several schools higher. As of right now, can't get 94% universal however. Everyone needs to just not spend all day posting anti-jade speeches everywhere, enough said.

Mason ShadowwraithAnti-Anti-Jade speeches
Again jumping to conclusions, I did not say 94% to all schools at the same time. You again read into it and
jumped to a wrong conclusion. However, the fact is, depending on what schools they have the extra resist to, it can be all schools, but only two (or three) at a time.
I will agree, although I thought it was obvious that a Wizard could not have 94% across the board. Since, the Betta fish only has five slots, and could only have five talents. So, a Wizard could have 94% up to three schools at one time. I hate to state the obvious, but I have, just so you can calm down.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
772
1320Wraith on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
"Jades are pressing 94% resist to all schools" was Veracity's specific comment. As I have said plenty of times before, yes you can get higher resistance to several schools if you want to that much. but 94% universal resistance is not possible. Please read comments carefully, I know that you can get 82% universal with several schools higher. As of right now, can't get 94% universal however. Everyone needs to just not spend all day posting anti-jade speeches everywhere, enough said.

Mason ShadowwraithAnti-Anti-Jade speeches
In which case he is incorrect; 94% universal resist is currently not possible without a glitched double proof pet. However his overarching point on jade gear and resists in general remains. The resist system is currently approaching(in my opinion it has reached) a breaking point. The armor pierce system in it's current implementation is seriously flawed as you yourself know judging from some of your prior posts on the topic. As paying KI customers who expect a quality product, we have every right to offer our feedback on a flawed mechanic. Enough said.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Eric Stormbringer on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
In which case he is incorrect; 94% universal resist is currently not possible without a glitched double proof pet. However his overarching point on jade gear and resists in general remains. The resist system is currently approaching(in my opinion it has reached) a breaking point. The armor pierce system in it's current implementation is seriously flawed as you yourself know judging from some of your prior posts on the topic. As paying KI customers who expect a quality product, we have every right to offer our feedback on a flawed mechanic. Enough said.
Yes, I completely agree with everything said here. Resistance is getting a little bit up there, and armor piercing doesn't work all that great. I don't know if in saying "we have every right to offer our feedback..." is supposed to be directed towards me, if it isn't then I apologize in advance for misinterpreting this, but I have absolutely no problem with free speech/press and people being able to offer feedback; I just have an issue with specifically saying something that is an untruth(Kind of hard to say Veracity wasn't saying all schools, when it's there in black in white). I might be paranoid, but I apologize if you take offense at anything I have said as I did not mean to insult.

Hero
Dec 16, 2009
772
1320Wraith on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Yes, I completely agree with everything said here. Resistance is getting a little bit up there, and armor piercing doesn't work all that great. I don't know if in saying "we have every right to offer our feedback..." is supposed to be directed towards me, if it isn't then I apologize in advance for misinterpreting this, but I have absolutely no problem with free speech/press and people being able to offer feedback; I just have an issue with specifically saying something that is an untruth(Kind of hard to say Veracity wasn't saying all schools, when it's there in black in white). I might be paranoid, but I apologize if you take offense at anything I have said as I did not mean to insult.
Yes I was referring to you particularly your statement "Everyone needs to just not spend all day posting anti-jade speeches everywhere". That being said there is no need to apologize, I was not offended in the slightest. You will have to forgive me but I am fairly direct at 1:30 in the morning(lol) so perhaps I was too blunt in my reply. That being said I welcome any discussion and am not one to be offended by differences in opinion nor do I take debate as a personal attack :). I believe that differences in opinion and rigorous discussion will lead to a more thorough understanding of the issues for all involved. Let's get the discussion rolling.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
17
The NightSpear on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Ever since Jade armor came out, that's all people ever want. Now I have a way to beat it and make pvp more fair, you should make an armor that gives 70+ damage and 60 pierce, not only will this cancel out the Jade's resistance, but it would direct attention away from Jade gear, it would be useless, unless used with pets and stuff. Just some ideas.

If you are ever feeling down, have some peanut butter..
Kl made Jade Gear for a reason, if it was too OP they would of either

A. Removed it

B. Weakened it

But they kept it, there is a way to kill anything & everything



Hope this helped!

Level 90 ChrisIceBreeze

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
if they do make the original idea its called amethyst gear for sure and if they make it and call it anything else i will quit the game

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
40
The NightSpear on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Ever since Jade armor came out, that's all people ever want. Now I have a way to beat it and make pvp more fair, you should make an armor that gives 70+ damage and 60 pierce, not only will this cancel out the Jade's resistance, but it would direct attention away from Jade gear, it would be useless, unless used with pets and stuff. Just some ideas.

If you are ever feeling down, have some peanut butter..
Dude maybe jade armor should just be illegal in pvp. The armor that you wish for isn't the most fairest either, just saying.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
56
Eric Stormbringer on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
In which case he is incorrect; 94% universal resist is currently not possible without a glitched double proof pet. However his overarching point on jade gear and resists in general remains. The resist system is currently approaching(in my opinion it has reached) a breaking point. The armor pierce system in it's current implementation is seriously flawed as you yourself know judging from some of your prior posts on the topic. As paying KI customers who expect a quality product, we have every right to offer our feedback on a flawed mechanic. Enough said.
Your getting it wrong there I think over 94% universal is possible
59 with jade
5 heartsteel
Elisa chill band 3
It's possible to glitch double defy too.
So really its possible the pets resist talents are over 30 i think
67 + 10 + 14 +5 +1
Only one is possible.
That's either 97 or 98%
So KI plz do not keep going with jade gear or universal immunity will be a huge threat in pvp

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Tyler LegendFriend... on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Your getting it wrong there I think over 94% universal is possible
59 with jade
5 heartsteel
Elisa chill band 3
It's possible to glitch double defy too.
So really its possible the pets resist talents are over 30 i think
67 + 10 + 14 +5 +1
Only one is possible.
That's either 97 or 98%
So KI plz do not keep going with jade gear or universal immunity will be a huge threat in pvp
Obviously anyone with some skill in certain softwares can (for lack of a better term) Hack to a higher resistance level. However, generally anyone doing this would be stopped by Kingsisle fairly fast, and their account banned/suspended(Leaning towards banned). In addition, the (14%) resistance is implying of a "Spell-Ward", which (fortunately) Kingsisle hasn't brought out, and it most likely NOT planning on coming out with. 10-5 is the highest resistance rating from a pet you can get without starting with a pet with 250 Strength, Agility, and Power, and thereafter getting the correct selfish talents to assure a 14-7 resistance rating, bringing you to a total of 88% universal resist. If you see higher than this amount, then take a screenshot making sure that it shows the character's name, and send it in to Kingsisle; this, however, applies only to universal resist. a 97% 3 school 82% universal resistance is indeed possible, but VERY difficult to obtain. Anytime someone says "Oh well I glitched my defy" that usually means 1. They are having a temporary glitch modifying the appearance without modifying the statistics of their stats. 2. They are just taking advantage of a lack of knowledge someone expresses(Showing-Off)
or 3. They are hackers, in which case you want to take a screenshot and tell Kingsisle about it; this is going out on a limb a little bit more now, so if anyone has more detailed knowledge of the length Kingsisle protects account safety please do not hesitate to post it, but I know that sometimes a hacker can trace reporting, and get you banned; haven't particularly experienced this in Kingsisle though, so could be wrong.

Universal Resistance will not be an issue if Kingsisle modifies the effect of piercing, keeps Jade gear as the maximum resistance attainable, and avoids messing around with deck, wand, amulet, or additional pet resistances.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
The NightSpear on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Ever since Jade armor came out, that's all people ever want. Now I have a way to beat it and make pvp more fair, you should make an armor that gives 70+ damage and 60 pierce, not only will this cancel out the Jade's resistance, but it would direct attention away from Jade gear, it would be useless, unless used with pets and stuff. Just some ideas.

If you are ever feeling down, have some peanut butter..
Or you could just do what everyon else does. Beat them the normal way, or with a slightly altered strategy including lots of infections and dooms.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade (back from a long break of message board posting)