Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How seriously do YOU take PvP?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
It's kinda in the title, how seriously do you take PvP?

Does your heart beat everytime you're in a match?

Do you just think "One lose, not too bad" when you loose?

Do you devote your whole Wizarding life to PvP?

Lol, well I do get kinda scared when I'm against a Warlord.

So, you?

Jazzy

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
IKL626 wrote:

So, you?

Jazzy

I don't. I've done it a handful of times and found the opponents just too rude and the setup too ridiculous to bother with.

This game isn't about pvp so I just skip it.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I love PvP (only reason I still play) but I try not to take it to seriously. If you let the hype overtake you then you make mistakes. When you start trollin or acting overconfident then it seeps into your play and you make mistakes. When you underestimate your ability to win you make mistakes. And when you make mistakes you lose. I tend not to lose unless a bloody d/c strikes or life interferes and I gtg ;)

Luke LIFEsword Arch (1320ish)
Nicholas STORMblade Masta (500 and still in the works)
Blaze Tamer Journy (500 and still in the works)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I just use it to prove to my friends that Balance is awesome-er than their school.

Plus I do it out of boredom. So I'm just a friendly battler.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
IKL626 wrote:

So, you?

Jazzy
I dont pvp that much i am the worst pvp player even though i am an archmage on the game

Explorer
May 18, 2010
I do not take PvP too serious. I will once in a while do some PvPs when I have nothing better to do. But I would rather avoid doing PvPs because there are so many people out who are rude and take PvPs too serious. And I'm not really specialized for PvP meaning I'm probably easy to kill. I'm even life, so not all life wizards are overpowered in PvPs. I'm pretty good coming up with a plan but my opponents seem to counter it. So I prefer not to do PvPs.

Aaron ShadowEyes
Archmage Theurgist

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
I freak out if I lose! I cannot lose at all! And Yes my heart skips 10 beats!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I don't take PvP that seriously. If I do feel sad about losing, I always remind myself, "It's just a game, and at least you had fun and a chance to show off your skill!" I'm just an optimist like that. :D

Courtney Starstone
Level 51
Grandmaster Theurgist

Defender
May 29, 2011
To be honest, my heart beats fast when i enter a match cause i get pumped up. I dont like to lose, but usually i dont take losing to seriously. I pretty much devoted my wizard to pvp until i became warlord. ( i was crazy over the badge and the commander robe )

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
To be honest, my heart beats fast when i enter a match cause i get pumped up. I dont like to lose, but usually i dont take losing to seriously. I pretty much devoted my wizard to pvp until i became warlord. ( i was crazy over the badge and the commander robe )

I am exactly the same! :D

Explorer
May 02, 2011
Pvp is fun and all but I get scared sometimes because people are so mean and insult a lot

But seriously it's just a game

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
Yeah me too! I basically blow a fuse when someone calls me names (especially when someone calls me a noob). Then I report them a whole bunch of times and we get into a big argument because I reported the person a lot of times because it took them a very long time for them to be a warlord and then I got called names that needed to be blocked. My hands get sweaty and the person gets a couple of his friends to join the argument before he gets cut from the server. Then then ignore his friends. Geez it's like that every match. If i had a chance to block a word from PvP it would be the word noob. That would be a relief and one less problem in my life. :?

Sarai StarHeart Level 10 Necromancer warlord (well used to...)
Luke Skywalker level 78 Sourcer Knight

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
For me, i have always had a thing where i do things as good as the people around me. For example, if i am around a bunch of rank 0 level 5 wizards, i am not going to be very good, however if i am with level 80 warlords i wont be such an easy kill...

So personally, it kinda depends upon what level my oppenent is playing at.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2011
I take PvP very seriously, but that's just me. I hate to see my Death Warlord points since he has been training a lot and overcame many Wizards(currently lvl 80, PvP Warlord, 1217 rating).

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
IKL626 wrote:

So, you?

Jazzy

I don' get scared when I'm against another Warlord, or Overlord, but when I lose, this is me: PVP MISSIONS FOR MONTHS!

And then if my friends ask me for help, I tell them I'm busy and sometimes I even go hidden to friends. I just really can't lose lol, if I die I go on a huge major pvp quest mission thing and go non-stop at it, and that's what I'm currently doing Trust me, I freak out even more in practice pvp...

(Yes, I devote not only my wizarding life to pvp, but some of my life too ) AKA PROUD GAMER.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
for me is not that serious i like to have pvp's but i dont take it like its a big thing.

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
I only take pvp seriously when I am being harassed (eg. Being called a tc noob).

But if I have a "rainy day" in pvp, then I am very determined toget my rank back.

Pvp captain caitlin

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
IKL626 wrote:

So, you?

Jazzy

I don't feel nervous if that's what you mean.

I normally don't lose, since I only PvP the levels under level 15.

I don't PvP my whole wizard101 experience, because then I'd be level 1 the whole time. PvP doesn't give you experience points and for anyone who is planning to PvP thier whole wizard career, isn't it better to start PvP when your level 20?

If you wanna catch me on the game, I'm Miranda ThunderGem, level 44 - level 80.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
I take PvP very seriously. My hands get sweaty...my hearts start pounding like anything... and when i get disconnected or anything, OMG it's like the bad side of me is out

Anyway, I'm trying to get my warlord badge, I'm like 22 points less and I hope to get it soon

Cassandra
Level 80(Ice)