Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Rude!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 24, 2009
michiganstate13 on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Its absolutely WRONG what wizards do to other people. Some people showed up watching my sisters duel and they were like girls can't duel, and making jeers about girls . It was absolutely sexist and i think that people should just be quiet and watch the duel, if anybody else agrees with me, comment.

Alyssa IceBlade
Corporal of
If you still have the names of the wizards who were doing that, I believe being sexist or racist are reportable offenses. That sort of thing is highly frowned upon in society and I think I'm right in saying that it is intolerable and not allowed in Wizard101

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
I personally have not seen any rude jeering.

matthew wyrmblade lvl 82

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
I remember watching my friend's PvP and I was able to see everybody's spell they were going to cast before the round started. However, I just went on Wiz101 and watched a PvP and now you can only see what they're casting when they cast it, so the everybody sees what they're casting at the same time you do so there's really no advantage.

Though bullying is common in PvP and people are definitely super competitive. A while back I read the rules for reporting and it said that being rude isn't considered a reportable offense so it seems to me Kingsisle isn't really doing anything about it. If Kingsisle reads these posts, it would be nice if they could put a note that they have acknowledged what we have said.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
michiganstate13 on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Its absolutely WRONG what wizards do to other people. Some people showed up watching my sisters duel and they were like girls can't duel, and making jeers about girls . It was absolutely sexist and i think that people should just be quiet and watch the duel, if anybody else agrees with me, comment.

Alyssa IceBlade
Corporal of
As I have suggested before, it would be best to turn off chat bubbles when in the arena, especially as a combatant. Spectators should have enough courtesy to keep their comments to themselves, but, unfortunately, some of them do this with the intent to force their friends opponent to flee the match.

Unless KI does make the arena a NO CHAT zone for Spectators especially, I don't see this problem being resolved anytime soon. It would be nice though to see the HALL MONITORS step in on this situation, but since they have not been active in other areas of the game lately, I don't see this happening either.

Since there is a very fine line of bullying and harassing, it makes it very hard to report those doing it unless they actually start cursing around the filters. Most of those players doing this type of behavior know just how far they can go before crossing the line, but the fact remains, they are interfering with another players enjoyment of the game. With such a large number of areas within the realms of the arena, it has become a serious problem.

KI, make the Arenas a NO Chat Zone for Spectators, and group chat for the teams in combat.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
I always watch duels... I find it fun. But whenever i do everyone always calling out what spell someone is using. At first I thought it was rude but no big deal- than it started getting out of control.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I agree. Something needs to be done about this jeering and name calling. I recently participated in a duel were the opposing wizard threw insults at me such as "life wizards don't attack", "if you attack your not a real life wizard," "only noob life wizards attack." I found that this player was very insulting, bossy, and arrogant in his/her way of playing and jeering. I replied to the comments with something I thought would end the conversation ("Well if that's the case then I guess I am a noob :)" ) so that we could continue the PVP and have a good time. Unfortunately that is not what happened. At the end I was so fed up by the constant talk and insults that I decided to report the player. I hope the KI will do something about this. PvP matches have become a lot less fun when one must ignore insults and cheating the entire time.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2013
Elder Wizard Sojo on May 25, 2013 wrote:
I recently have run into a pack of players who think that they are supporting each other by jeering on their opponents. Okay I could ignore them, but why should I have to. If you are there you are there to watch not to second guess and insult the players. KI should make it so that observers get great views and if they are going to be able to see what I am choosing then they should be muted. Wizards should not be allowed to call out what you are about to play unless we just let everyone in. Nor should they be allowed to talk to either player.

Its distracting, and in some cases the offender cross the line and because bullies intimidating players. I was playing a game while my son was watching and reading and then a group of wizards there to cheer on a friend so little to cheer her on and more to insult me and intimidate me. Some may call this strategy I call it cyberbullying. I would like that something be done about this.

With all the great players, new rules gear and spells pvp has become quite the challenge. I should be able to enjoy my game without having to ignore a whole gang of bullies. They're simply there to make their friend's challenger feel small.

Using harrassment and pretend that they dont know what you mean when you ask them to stop. This is not fun. Oh and calling out my cards that's just cheating.

I am suggesting that we either not allow peeks into the players hands OR silence the peanut gallory. There is a culture of cheating in pvp and its talked about openly in the arena. KI I know you have been trying but this once is an easy fix. That last up date seemed like a cool idea (the sneak peek) but its turning out to be a way to cheat. All one needs to do is have a friend or another account and you can watch and see what the other is doing. Its like playing poker and bluffing with all your cards on the table.

I hope something is done soon. I was so disturbed by the nonstop taunting of the other wizards that I had to report one and that did not even bother her she continued to press the issues.

Is it fair that I have to miss out on talking to friends and all to mute the bullies? Shouldnt they learn self control rather than trying to force anyone who is insulted into ignoring them? Maybe its me maybe I am being too sensitive. I really dont think I was. I am just tired of the string of overbearingly rude personalities deciding that they can say and do whatever they like dispite your vocal objectiions. If I can silence the player against me I would like to be able to silence the audience as well. Its distracting its rude and mostly its unnecessary.

I hope something can be done.
I agree that happens toe all the time and then they end up calling our team a noob

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
BlueGhost004 on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
I agree. Something needs to be done about this jeering and name calling. I recently participated in a duel were the opposing wizard threw insults at me such as "life wizards don't attack", "if you attack your not a real life wizard," "only noob life wizards attack." I found that this player was very insulting, bossy, and arrogant in his/her way of playing and jeering. I replied to the comments with something I thought would end the conversation ("Well if that's the case then I guess I am a noob :)" ) so that we could continue the PVP and have a good time. Unfortunately that is not what happened. At the end I was so fed up by the constant talk and insults that I decided to report the player. I hope the KI will do something about this. PvP matches have become a lot less fun when one must ignore insults and cheating the entire time.
I have turned off the chat with my enemy in pvp through book and shut off balloons. so that I don't have to constantly repair my esteem after every fight. I get it these are kids or adults who act like kids. The behavior isn't anymore acceptable because of this, and I noticed that despite the major effort on the part of KI filters people still will curse you out in unmistakable terms. So this is an easy fix mute the peanut gallery. You want to be rude ok be rude in text or talk to each other but the players should be like watching a match on TV. After all this is kind of a sport and in most cases (unless its a stadium in which the voices are cancelled out) So let adopt tennis court rules or even golf where no one is allow to talk while the ball is in play.

You want to talk to your friend? text them. Stop making others pay in emotional hardship to support YOUR friend. We both want to win, you don't really know either of us. Let this be about talent and skill lets stop trying to make this into some tired version of American Idol, where winning depends on being liked rather than being good.

I am old and far from the high school kid mentality that seems to run rampant in pvp and I don't mind losing to a better player but if this is 1v1 I shouldn't be made to feel like its me against the person in front of me and all their friends and whatever they can tell him about my school and style. Its just cheating and while its fun for the person who wins its not right and we all know it. So all I am saying it take the air out of that balloon by making it possible for the players to focus.

Oh and I am tired of playing Warlords! I start fighting them the moment I hit sgt how is the possible? I should not be playing more than 2 levels above me I am being whipped as they are in FULL warlord gear how is this fair?

Someone tell me why is this and I really want an answer.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Yep, people think being rude makes them feel strong and mighty. Sigh....anyways, I personally think that you have to be friends with someone to see what spell they're casting in spectator mode so they cannot call out the opponents spell. It should of never been released, so I agree with you.