Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How important is a Wand attack?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Yesterday, my brother had a friend stop over. He decided to watch me PVP (1v1) for a little while, as he plays a Myth Wizard.
When the first tower shield went up, I wanded if off. John (kid watching me) told me I should have waited and used Ice Elf to take off several at one time. That wasy I would be wasting several of his rounds, for just one of mine. I just replied, Yeah, that would have been better, I guess.

In my defense, I would like to explain why I used the Wand.
I used the Wand for several reason, besides to remove the shield.

1. I am using a spell that does not cost any pips, thus building pip.
2. Keep him from building up a wall of shields.
3. Keeping him open, so my minion can attack and cause damage.
4. I watch the hit of that spell, and it tells me the resist that Wizard has.

Once I know the resist, I know what Combo can take him out, once I get his life down to a certain level. It would be a lot harder to do that with Ice Elf, when your in the heat of a 1v1, imo.

So, how important is a wand attack, for me, real important.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Most advanced wizards that are lvl 60 (And dress fashionly) use the sparks, It it because they dont use pip taking spells, and that kinda angers me when they use wand attack well just a little lol, Well its just they use the CL ones just like my friend Angel ghostblood (his death is muted and his death was named Angel iceblood) He uses the Jellyfish wand even though he's storm? Who uses the same school wand/staff? Him?! I am kinda mad, so I am going to agree with you, How important is a wand attack I know! LOL ok then cya!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
i use wand attacks a lot cause i cant waste any pips at all. like you, i try to prevent the opponent from stacking shields. for me i guess every pip counts (plus i hate it when i get regular pips). hope this sort of helped

Tiffany Pixigem- legendary theurgist