Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How can Storm do any damage?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
How can Storm do some actual damage against Ice? Not only we face multiple spamming shields but we have to deal with everyone high resistance?

So much for Storm... Oh well, this PvP system is the worst in history mmorpg games.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
*Rolls on ground laughing hysterically* Sorry, had to get that out of my system. How can Storm do any damage? 4 easy steps: step 1: place an infallible on yourself. step 2: put Colossal on the spell you choose to cast. step 3: use a Stormblade. If they haven't shielded yet, then proceed to step 4: ATTAAAACK! lol. If they have, a Shatter or even Lightning Elf will work before attacking. Yes, I too have recently had problems fighting Ice, but have learned a strategy or two.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Daviato wrote:
How can Storm do some actual damage against Ice? Not only we face multiple spamming shields but we have to deal with everyone high resistance?

So much for Storm... Oh well, this PvP system is the worst in history mmorpg games.

Storm can do damage and I know because I have one. Wanna know how I do it? I see a bunch of Storm wizards do this: Lightning Bats. Even at level 70 I see that spell. Shields are nothing if you have strategy. And strategy is something you need to earn, spells don't fix things for you, your strategy does.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Storm can do damage and I know because I have one. Wanna know how I do it? I see a bunch of Storm wizards do this: Lightning Bats. Even at level 70 I see that spell. Shields are nothing if you have strategy. And strategy is something you need to earn, spells don't fix things for you, your strategy does.

How will you deal with 70% resistance from Ice?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Daviato wrote:

maybe he uses pierce gear

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Daviato wrote:

People, people, people. If you know how to use a convert well, then Ice is really easy to defeat.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Daviato wrote:

On round one assuming you only start with 3 pips against a 70% storm resisting ice with your damage boost (which I have at 89% from what you stated in another post), you can deal between 318 and 369 without crit and between 637 and 739 if you crit using either a treasure unstoppable or extraordinary. If you would like to wait a couple of rounds, you could cast treasure infallible, storm elf treasure card (to remove those pesky storm shields), then hit again with that same shark for between 457 and 530 without crit and between 915 and 1061 with crit. I'd like to reiterate, that is a 3 pip storm shark against a 70% resisting ice.

Obviously, he's not going to just stand there, but you see how dangerous you are without shields. If you figure out a shield clearing strategy, you'll do fine.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Daviato wrote:

70% can turn into 35% with a simple treasure unstoppable and infalliable. I originally thought that this update (armor peircing) would make storm completely unstoppable in pvp, not actually being one of the last things they tried...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:

On round one assuming you only start with 3 pips against a 70% storm resisting ice with your damage boost (which I have at 89% from what you stated in another post), you can deal between 318 and 369 without crit and between 637 and 739 if you crit using either a treasure unstoppable or extraordinary. If you would like to wait a couple of rounds, you could cast treasure infallible, storm elf treasure card (to remove those pesky storm shields), then hit again with that same shark for between 457 and 530 without crit and between 915 and 1061 with crit. I'd like to reiterate, that is a 3 pip storm shark against a 70% resisting ice.

Obviously, he's not going to just stand there, but you see how dangerous you are without shields. If you figure out a shield clearing strategy, you'll do fine.

Hmmm, interesting scenario, considering Ice has 4000 to 4500 health. How many enchantments are you allowed in your deck? What happens when you hit Ice a couple times and he heals, with that 44% incoming healing boost?

Sorry, but the new crafted Ice gear is too Overpowered!

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Daviato wrote:

People, people, people. If you know how to use a convert well, then Ice is really easy to defeat.
O I never new that ( i mean this sarcasticly)

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Hmmm, interesting scenario, considering Ice has 4000 to 4500 health. How many enchantments are you allowed in your deck? What happens when you hit Ice a couple times and he heals, with that 44% incoming healing boost?

thats why it is so " tough" to craft

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Lol, Storm wizards just have to use converts, that's all, Ice is one of the easiest schools to beat on a Storm wizard.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Lol, Storm wizards just have to use converts, that's all, Ice is one of the easiest schools to beat on a Storm wizard.

Sigh, yea right 4400 of health and crazy heals... They can use just one satyr to get half of their health back and usually that's all they do is heal and boots for their attacks...

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Sigh, yea right 4400 of health and crazy heals... They can use just one satyr to get half of their health back and usually that's all they do is heal and boots for their attacks...

Haven't you ever heard of "infectons" or "entangle"? Stack weakness on them for the blades & storm also has "disarm" but most of yall never think about using it. If you use trained weakness and tc weakness and they hit, guess what? thats -55% damage to their snow angel or frostbite. Storm does not need a DoT, mine does fine with just storm elfs. Storm PvPer's just need a better strategy in which many are too lazy to think of & want KI to do all the work for them by giving them a new DoT. Last time I checked, DoT was a fire characteristic not storms, not ice, not death, not myth, not life, & not balance.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Whoops, I accidentally clicked submit early Sorry KI. If you see that message please ignore it and delete it.

Well, Storm has around 90% damage boost. I've seen many with even 97% Now, let's see what a Kraken converted can do with 97% damage boost. Ice gets 34% resist. Since the convert will make it myth, the Kraken would do 676-754 damage. With a blade now: 1142-1273. Hmm, I'm seeing something go on here. It just boosted up by almost 500 damage because of 1 blade.

Now, I usually put in some Myth Traps before I convert (training Myth for Storm up to Myth Trap is a really good idea) and then some Storm Traps too. Let's calculate this: Kraken+97%+30%+25%+25%-34%=13731531.

I don't think that this is weak. Let's go with 4400 health and subtract that with Kraken. 4400-1531=2869. Pretty hard hit I'd say.

Now, I know many Storm Transcended wizards use Infallible and also Extraordinary. Both spells give 15% armor pierce. Let's check this out. 15x2=30. Now, that's just 4% resist! :-o Let's go back to Kraken now:
1997-2228 damage. Now, let's calculate this: 4400-2228=2172.

That's just Kraken. Let's try it with Leviathan
1020 damage. 3918 damage! Also, this is without Darkwind, Windstorm, Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap. There you have your answer to that question. 1 convert does solve a whole lot you know.

Now, I know that Ice has Volcanic, Tower, and Legion Shield. But Volcanic Shield has to say bye-bye because of the prism. Now, it's just up to Legion and Tower Shield. A lot of my friends have the may cast Pierce ability on their Kraken pets. And also, they have the Pierce amulet that I'm pretty sure gives them 200 health? Bye-bye to those shields too.

Storm has its own way in the game, it's just that not many wizards are strategic enough to get around shields. No offense. My friend is really powerful because of how he plays, and he's also a pretty good rank in PvP.

Storm is fine the way it is. I know you'll try to make come backs with this, many of you will. Storm has 26% universal resist themselves, it's not the end of the world for them. Storm wizards now have around 2800 health. If they get the Lifeforce Blade, their block rating is as good as any other school's. As I've said, PvP is balanced.

You think that wizard101 has the worst PvP system in MMORPG system? Lol. I'm not even kidding, that's just plain funny. Did you know that Kingsisle worked hard to make it? And you're just putting it down and blaming them like it's their fault you're having trouble on your Storm wizard. Kingsisle is the only game company that LISTENS to what their players have to say. Many wizards complained about the stun chains. Did KI fix it? YES! They knew that PvP was unbalanced then. Also, people complained that Wild Bolt was overpowered, did they change it? YES! KI knows when something is unbalanced or not. If they thought that PvP was unbalanced, they would fix it right away.

They've changed the unfair things. So, why aren't they changing PvP? Because it's fair. KI knows more then anyone that plays wizard101 about this game. They know if there's a bug, they know the rules, they know the storylines, in fact, they make the storylines! They've fixed so many bugs. PvP isn't problematic to the game. PvP is fine the way it is, and KI knows it, or else they would see it and fix it immediately.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
victor6700 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Daviato wrote:

maybe he uses pierce gear

Nope, I don't use Pierce gear, I use Infallible and Extraordinary.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Idk where everyone is coming up with 70% to storm from ice? But I have seen literally no one in PvP using this kind of gear. Just wanted to clear that up.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I have an idea, maybe you could use a storm prism so the resist won't be so high on the ice wizards.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Pablooooo wrote:

Haven't you ever heard of "infectons" or "entangle"? Stack weakness on them for the blades & storm also has "disarm" but most of yall never think about using it. If you use trained weakness and tc weakness and they hit, guess what? thats -55% damage to their snow angel or frostbite. Storm does not need a DoT, mine does fine with just storm elfs. Storm PvPer's just need a better strategy in which many are too lazy to think of & want KI to do all the work for them by giving them a new DoT. Last time I checked, DoT was a fire characteristic not storms, not ice, not death, not myth, not life, & not balance.

Well for the last time I have use storm elf and storm hound and they don't do a good job at clearing shields!

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Pablooooo wrote:

Well for the last time I have use storm elf and storm hound and they don't do a good job at clearing shields!

How does Storm Elf not do a "good job at clearing shields"?? I mean, it's TWO PIPS, and it hits the enemy FOUR times. That's four shields gone, already. Spam it twice, and that's EIGHT shields.

I mean geez, if Fire still uses Fire Elf to clear shields, how is Storm Elf any worse?? Please enlighten me.

LOL, but oh wait, you think a high rank DoT will solve this?? No way!! People would just be sure to spam at least 4 shields and keep triage, making it useless.

Ellie lvl 62-70 (all schools).

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
kamarynjelise wrote:
Daviato wrote:
Pablooooo wrote:

How does Storm Elf not do a "good job at clearing shields"?? I mean, it's TWO PIPS, and it hits the enemy FOUR times. That's four shields gone, already. Spam it twice, and that's EIGHT shields.

I mean geez, if Fire still uses Fire Elf to clear shields, how is Storm Elf any worse?? Please enlighten me.

LOL, but oh wait, you think a high rank DoT will solve this?? No way!! People would just be sure to spam at least 4 shields and keep triage, making it useless.

Going on 4v4 or 3v3 storm elf is not a good option don't ya think?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Daviato wrote:

Balance heals don't work too great in 4v4 or 3v3 either, but there is no uproar in that. Certain classes are weaker in certain areas, so there is actually something to choose from at the beginning of the game besides a name and some clothes colors.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
Daviato wrote:
Pablooooo wrote:

Fire is the king of DoTs, but death, ice and myth have have one as well.
Daviato wrote:

The storm DoTs are window spell. They create a brief period of time where you can land a hit directly against them. Now we are down to a guessing game. Will the person under the DoT guess correctly that next round you are going to attack and so puts up a shield, or did they guess incorrectly and have it wasted against the DoT.
kamarynjelise wrote:

Wow, , I wish I could always count on getting four or more of their shields a DoT.
kamarynjelise wrote:

There is a separate thread for the validity of storm getting their own DoT spell.

Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:

Nope, it isn't. What storm has done is telegraphed who his target is going to be. Hopefully your team mates will coordinate their attacks, and hopefully one of your team mates is a life mage. Generally once they know which is the storm mage, well, said storm mage quick becomes generally public enemy number one. :P

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Of course, since there is no DoT that is also an AoE, what's a storm to do when playing 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4? Of course, spam Tempest, which in essence, makes it's own Powerful DoT as, with a power pip, it can be 160+275 colossal enchantment or 160+250 gargantuan treasure each and every round. Or, if unlucky, 80+275 or 80+250 add in storms boost and critical chances...

People wonder why Storm Spams Tempest and then complain about it, when in essence, all the complainers are giving storm no other choices or options.

It is only logical.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Of course, since there is no DoT that is also an AoE, what's a storm to do when playing 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4? Of course, spam Tempest, which in essence, makes it's own Powerful DoT as, with a power pip, it can be 160+275 colossal enchantment or 160+250 gargantuan treasure each and every round. Or, if unlucky, 80+275 or 80+250 add in storms boost and critical chances...

People wonder why Storm Spams Tempest and then complain about it, when in essence, all the complainers are giving storm no other choices or options.

It is only logical.
Well said. Though I don't spam Tempest, it's up to people to choose their own paths, strategy-wise.