Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Horrible at pvp... Any tips?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 25, 2013
The title says it all. I'm horrible at player vs player. Every time I try, I loose, unless I am battling a wizard under level 10 solo. But I am level 29! Any tips?

Destiny Windgem, level 29 diviner

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Destiny Windgem on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
The title says it all. I'm horrible at player vs player. Every time I try, I loose, unless I am battling a wizard under level 10 solo. But I am level 29! Any tips?

Destiny Windgem, level 29 diviner
1. Stay level 10 or under.

2. go to the bazaar and get monster treasure cards, then enchant every single attack with them. Ignore the players that whine about you using treasures. They're quite likely using treasures themselves at, or nasty pets. If you can't find any monsters in the bazaar, then go to the library and buy strongs.

3. Get a pet like firezilla and cast its card soon as you can. If you get a pet that has a nasty attack which is the same school as yours, then you won't need to wait so long on pips.

4. buy kraken treasures in the bazaar and use them.

5. start teaming up with 2 other players (never do two player teams, stick with 1, 3 or 4 in your team) as soon as your rank is high enough to match you with players 10 levels or higher than you.

6. By pvp gear the second you have enough tickets and wear it.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
Dear Destiny Windgem,
Hope this helps you out in player vs. player ,
well, what I do before I enter a player vs. player queue, I always check my spell deck. Usually, I end up going to Bazaar in Olde Town to buy really strong spells. Normally, I don't get regular spell deck cards, I normally get super strong treasure cards. I also try to get the strongest cards: especially from every talent. Over time, I've figured out that it's super helpful to get a few astral spells. Also,go slow with yourself. Go each level,start out with ten, go to eleven, then twelve,and just keep trying: eventually you'll get there. You can do it! I know you can (I'm level 29, and I've defeated a level 48, no offense)!
Sincerely,
Autumn, level 29 necromancer

P.S., if you ever find me wandering around, add me!

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Thanks! I got a new spell, and now i'm better at regular battles, so hopefully i will be better at pvp too.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2012
As said already you need to get cards from baazar . But don't just get any cards. Set up stratigies for your tc deck. Since your a diviner focus more on storm spells. Get some traps and blades too. Also get elemental and spiritual shields. And you might want a absorb and a few tower shields. This will at least make you better Good Luck!!!!

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Destiny Windgem on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Thanks! I got a new spell, and now i'm better at regular battles, so hopefully i will be better at pvp too.
Wish it was that easy.

PVP is a completely different game than beating the computer controlled creatures on the game.

PVPers cheat - every chance they get. But since everything they can do is allowed by KI, it's not really cheating, it's just very poor sportsmanship.
PVPers are intelligent and won't just stand there while you boost up or get ready to take them down.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
tanda1 on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
Wish it was that easy.

PVP is a completely different game than beating the computer controlled creatures on the game.

PVPers cheat - every chance they get. But since everything they can do is allowed by KI, it's not really cheating, it's just very poor sportsmanship.
PVPers are intelligent and won't just stand there while you boost up or get ready to take them down.
Ok, thanks. I have improved my rank from one battle won, five lost, to three battles won, five lost. As you can tell I don't hang out in the arena to often. Also, I am getting paired up with commanders ten levels higher than me so it can be a disaster,

Destiny Windgem, level 41