Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Highest possible universal resist?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2013
I've been interested in the potential of universal resists, and so I've attempted to find the items I would need to get as close to 100% as possible. So far, this combo of items gives the highest possible resist for any school. If there is anything better, let me know.

Jade Hood of Mystery (Level 90): 21% Resist
Jade Robe of Mystery (Level 90): 22% Resist
Mysterious Jade Boots (Level 90): 16% Resist
Amulet of divine Influence: 3%
Hathi's Victory Band: 1% Resist
Heartsteel: 5% Resist
Pet hatched with both Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying maxed to the highest levels: 21% Resist (I have no idea if this is right or what these skills can actually be made to be. Could someone confirm/deny/acknowledge if this is right/wrong?)

Grand horrific total of near-insurmountable resist: 89%

Combine this with fortify for complete immunity.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Aradicus13 on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
I've been interested in the potential of universal resists, and so I've attempted to find the items I would need to get as close to 100% as possible. So far, this combo of items gives the highest possible resist for any school. If there is anything better, let me know.

Pet hatched with both Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying maxed to the highest levels: 21% Resist (I have no idea if this is right or what these skills can actually be made to be. Could someone confirm/deny/acknowledge if this is right/wrong?)

Bleh, people complain about this too much. Just use a lot of pierce/critical. They normally have low block.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Aradicus13 on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:

Fortify decreases the damage before it reaches your resist, so doesn't give you immunity. In order of how damage is subtracted, your aura takes the first bit, then shields, then resist. So if I have fortify 20%, a tower shield, and 50% resist, a 1000 damage attack will go to 800-400-200. I've only ever seen one person with a 14-7 universal resist pet, and he doesn't even use it because 10-5 15 15 15 is so much more useful. You'll also probably never see a Jade user using Hathi's Victory Band unless they're just messing around in practice; Elissa's Chill Band for Ice or Alpha and Omega/Stellar Signet for other schools.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Fortify doesn`t increase resistance:it`s like a four-round plague.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
With Elisa's Chill Band (ring) you could get another 2%, bringing it up to 91%. I'm not sure if you could get 21% universal resist from a pet though, the highest I've seen is 18%. Either way though that's some pretty crazy high resist, especially since i can barely get 80% in my own school XD.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Monquistans78 on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Fortify doesn`t increase resistance:it`s like a four-round plague.
ooh 5/5; hope you don't mind if I steal this, I always described it as a 4 round 40% of a tower shield.