Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High Rank Cheating

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2009
68
My Myth Commander and his friend were in PVP yesturday. We were against 2 Journeymen who weren't what they seemed. They said they had Grands (and of course, very snobish about it). They were BOTH Life Commanders, BOTH lower level than us. Their spells were Helephant, Nature's Wrath, Rebirth, Fire Dragon, and Satyr. Something wrong with this?

Treasure cards are getting way too out of hand. My Myth Commander NEVER used ANY treasure card in PVP. My level 37 Life wizard COLLECTS Treasure Cards, however he NEVER uses any either. I did it the fair way. Those Journeymen (No naming) worked their way up to Commander by 'piggybacking' their Grand's Treasure Cards. They were very proud of that. ANYONE who uses OVER POWERED Treasure Cards CONSISTANTLY is a cheater in my book. Because of this cheating I have lost alot of rank. I've been on the fence between Captain and Commander.

KI needs to make Treasure Cards in PVP SCHOOL ONLY, or WIPE OUT ATTACKING AND HEALING Treasure Cards in PVP. Something NEEDS to be done about this.

Pretty soon I will be facing WARLORDS, and I hope they will be more just than the other ranks.

Please tell me YOUR stories about cheaters (No naming, they know who they are). Hopefully KI will read this and CHANGE THIS OUTRAGE.

Aggrivated thoughts,
-Marcus Legendcrafter, LVL 37 LIFE Storm, Private
-Talon Mythcrafter, LVL 18 MYTH Death, Captain/Commander.


Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
9
This is far from "cheating"...you simply had been very outmatched with your opponents. The truly bad part of the experience- should have been the cavalier attitude and poor conduct of those fellows...not the cards.

As a lvl 10-15 life I had gone up against lvl 38's- by the time I had hit 28...my opponents had frequently been in the 40's with a few 50's. What troubles that "I" faced- had been the difference in hp's to overcome...not the cards in play.

You need to challenge "yourself" to be able to handle any school- any match...not only the "easy ones".

The verbal frustrations (taunting and trash talk) - are a character flaw of the players...not the game mechanics.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
35
Rho170 wrote:
My Myth Commander and his friend were in PVP yesturday. We were against 2 Journeymen who weren't what they seemed. They said they had Grands (and of course, very snobish about it). They were BOTH Life Commanders, BOTH lower level than us. Their spells were Helephant, Nature's Wrath, Rebirth, Fire Dragon, and Satyr. Something wrong with this?

...


No there's nothing wrong with this, it's the way the rules are. To not use treasure cards when the rules allow them, and actually seem to encourage their use, is just a poor choice on your part.

That said, I personally do believe that PvP would be better if no treasure cards were allowed. But, I think that it should be all (as it currently is) or none.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
68
Just today some Life Wizard kept using Wild Bolt over and over on me! It killed me in 2 tries (not including fizzles)! Then he used Nature's Wrath and that killed me.

I am starting to get fed up with pvp now.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
29
i say there is nothing wrong with using treasures in pvp all you got to do is shield

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
4
I believe all treasure cards should be level restricted. Spells like wid bolt should be lvl35 only. Other schools could still use them but they have to be at least that level. Just my 2 cents. I am also frustrated with pvp

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
9
Rho170 wrote:
Just today some Life Wizard kept using Wild Bolt over and over on me! It killed me in 2 tries (not including fizzles)! Then he used Nature's Wrath and that killed me.

I am starting to get fed up with pvp now.


Shield, cast a dissipate- use it as a treasure card or train it at lvl 22...use your head instead of getting frustrated. You can use many different "strategic" maneuvers to win against players using "higher lvl" cards. Just because they have the cards- does not mean that they have the pips, hp's, damage % or accuracy to play as successfully as a higher lvl player would.


Defender
Dec 31, 2008
169
KI has said they will soon end the trading of treasure cards made with enchantments such as Tough and Keen Eye. Those guys' grands will not be able to pass lots of cheap high-lvl cards to their lower-lvl wizards any more. It will take several weeks for people's stores of enchanted TCs from other schools to get used up. After that, wizards will only be able to get out-of-school attacks from booster packs, drops, or crafted cards (which won't be cheap). The variety will still be there, but spamming TCs will be greatly reduced, and when you do get hit with something big from a little wizard, at least you will know the player had to invest something to get it.

Defender
May 28, 2009
176
I've said it before and I will say it again as many times as it takes:
If the game lets you do it then it is game legal.

Wizard101 does not allow cheating. There is nothing in the game that could be considered cheating. I get frustrated with people saying that this person or that person is cheating because it is impossible to cheat in Wizard101. That being said, there have been issues with the game that KI has corrected. Stunning is a good example of this. If you have a problem with a certain part of the games design then this is a great place to bring it up, but accusing people of cheating is not an appropriate method for making a compelling argument.

As far as your issue with treasure cards in the arena is concerned, I don't believe that removing them will help the game to be better. The only way that low level wizards are able to compete in the arena against higher level wizards is by using treasure cards. There is a much higher price for the wizard in question when they use them because the cards are "One and Done". Then you have to take into account the number of pips needed to cast one spell or another. If a wizard consistently uses cards outside their school they will not take advantage of power pips. Considering the low level of the person you are describing, I wouldn't figure they had a high power pips chance anyway. Not to mention that at that level they would have had much lower health. Yes, anyone who goes into the arena can go in with all the spells of a grandmaster, but they do not have the resist, health, power pip chance, accuracy, or power of a grandmaster. They are beatable just like anyone else. You just have to find a strategy that works. Considering all this I figure that time is on your side. If they are saving pips to throw a helephant (assuming that it is outside of their primary school) then they will only cast one damage spell (other than wands) in 6 rounds. You can make that work to your advantage if you can cast twice as fast or can cast two seven pips spells in a row because you are using your primary school then you should be able to win.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
12
Rho170 wrote:
My Myth Commander and his friend were in PVP yesturday. We were against 2 Journeymen who weren't what they seemed. They said they had Grands (and of course, very snobish about it). They were BOTH Life Commanders, BOTH lower level than us. Their spells were Helephant, Nature's Wrath, Rebirth, Fire Dragon, and Satyr. Something wrong with this?

Treasure cards are getting way too out of hand. My Myth Commander NEVER used ANY treasure card in PVP. My level 37 Life wizard COLLECTS Treasure Cards, however he NEVER uses any either. I did it the fair way. Those Journeymen (No naming) worked their way up to Commander by 'piggybacking' their Grand's Treasure Cards. They were very proud of that. ANYONE who uses OVER POWERED Treasure Cards CONSISTANTLY is a cheater in my book. Because of this cheating I have lost alot of rank. I've been on the fence between Captain and Commander.

KI needs to make Treasure Cards in PVP SCHOOL ONLY, or WIPE OUT ATTACKING AND HEALING Treasure Cards in PVP. Something NEEDS to be done about this.

Pretty soon I will be facing WARLORDS, and I hope they will be more just than the other ranks.

Please tell me YOUR stories about cheaters (No naming, they know who they are). Hopefully KI will read this and CHANGE THIS OUTRAGE.

Aggrivated thoughts,
-Marcus Legendcrafter, LVL 37 LIFE Storm, Private
-Talon Mythcrafter, LVL 18 MYTH Death, Captain/Commander.

everyone with that commander armor in the arena uses wild bolt on me and it is annoting the only treasure card i use is earthquake to help get rid off shields for a big attack dylan thunderblade 50

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
1
i was in a pvp 2v2 battle with my friend and we versed this life and death and near the end the life kept healing constantly my partner said he was cheating for healing then i said it's just annoying then later on in the battle he said we were behaving bad when my partner was mad but i was doing nothing they said i was behaving bad when i wasn't saying anything bad they told us that they were going to post us on central for my partner who was mad at life but he said me too when i did nothing wrong.
i dont want to be threatened for bad behavior when i am doing nothing wrong but playing the game to win.

Defender
May 28, 2009
176
susume wrote:
KI has said they will soon end the trading of treasure cards made with enchantments such as Tough and Keen Eye.

Susume, can you post a link so that we can all go read it. I would like to know some of the specifics before this change occurs.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
3
Nothing wrong with a player twinking his low lvl alt with cards he gained on his main. That's just a reflection of the time and effort he's put into the game. Maybe the devs ought to look into diminishing returns so that the same TCs can't be spammed over and over again. If the TCs, which are consumables, were not as effective on subsequent use in a fight, that would be a massive deterrent to spamming them.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
203
Bloodferret wrote:
I believe all treasure cards should be level restricted. Spells like wid bolt should be lvl35 only. Other schools could still use them but they have to be at least that level. Just my 2 cents. I am also frustrated with pvp


I agree 100% level them or get read of them all togather.
It should be about your school spells not using other school spells,because if thats the case then go join that school.

And yes I use them now just to keep a even chace at winning a match,but i rather use my own school spells to win(deathschool) thats what arena should be about using your own school spells to win not T-cards.

P.S.My fire school guy is a knight because of T-cards took down a level 50 Ice school in a 2 PvP we wild bolted him as much as we could
and beat him down fair not really,but i am 24level had to do something.

Fix the level to match your(like in practice matchs) level and get T-cards out of the arena PLEASE!

M.RedBlood
Grandmaster Death








Michael Rebblood
50 Death

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
56
I am going to reiterate this again. All KI needs to do is remove keen eyes and tough so the making of a cheap TC is eliminated. TC defeats the purpose of having a second school, whats the point of having a second school? A BIG NONE since keen eyes and tough are all we need to make big attacks and special cards from different schools .
I wonder how much ARENA experience these people who kept saying "Sheilds" and "sheilds" and "strategy" have in terms of playing in the ARENA to really share those advices that seems pretty working well for them? As per my experience, all these are easier said than done.

Morgrim LotusShield (Storm GRand, Warlord)
Morgrim LotusWRaith(Death GRand, Warlord)
Morgrim LotusLeaf (Life Grand, Commander)
Morgrim LotusBlade(Balance Grand, Commander)
Morgrim LotusHorn(Myth Magus, Veteran)


Defender
May 29, 2009
196

Remove keen eyes and tough? Why eliminate that part of the game (treasure card creation and trading) just to appease the PVP crowd? What about those who don't like to play in the arena? That's like taking a sledgehammer out to kill a fly.

How about this instead? Don't allow any treasure cards that were made using these enchantments to be played in PVP. KI obviously knows how to tell the difference since these cards are not allowed to be sold at the bazaar. Just make it so that if self-enhanced cards are in your treasure deck, they just always stay greyed out and unavailable for play.

It does mean that if people bought t-cards from the bazaar, library, drops, those could be used in the arena, but I think that would reduce the issue that you're talking about greatly.

dynamite0629 wrote:
I am going to reiterate this again. All KI needs to do is remove keen eyes and tough so the making of a cheap TC is eliminated. TC defeats the purpose of having a second school, whats the point of having a second school? A BIG NONE since keen eyes and tough are all we need to make big attacks and special cards from different schools .
I wonder how much ARENA experience these people who kept saying "Sheilds" and "sheilds" and "strategy" have in terms of playing in the ARENA to really share those advices that seems pretty working well for them? As per my experience, all these are easier said than done.

Morgrim LotusShield (Storm GRand, Warlord)
Morgrim LotusWRaith(Death GRand, Warlord)
Morgrim LotusLeaf (Life Grand, Commander)
Morgrim LotusBlade(Balance Grand, Commander)
Morgrim LotusHorn(Myth Magus, Veteran)


Survivor
May 17, 2009
4
I am not the only one who is sick of this cheating in pvp! I am trying to make it to warlord but that will never happen because EVERY lvl 6 that does pvp uses treasure cards i was just in a match with 2 balance classes who were lvl 6 used rebirth so that we couldnt kill them then used stormlord. If wizard1o1 cant fix this problem i am not making my account a member anymore because this is just a waste of time witch here is a waste of money. The best solution to this problem was made by bloodferret.

Bloodferret wrote:
I believe all treasure cards should be level restricted. Spells like wid bolt should be lvl35 only. Other schools could still use them but they have to be at least that level. Just my 2 cents. I am also frustrated with pvp



Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
20
susume wrote:
KI has said they will soon end the trading of treasure cards made with enchantments such as Tough and Keen Eye. Those guys' grands will not be able to pass lots of cheap high-lvl cards to their lower-lvl wizards any more.


Why would that stop the players from getting TCs? All they would have to do is send both the TC they want to use and the Tough and/or Keen Eye cards. Then on the lower level toon combine them.

I agree with a couple of points made in this thread and feel that if these were combined then it may make PvP more enjoyable...
  • From several people - Treasure Cards shouldn't be removed from PvP; people should be allowed to go out of school; and use different stratagies from what you're using now.

  • From Bloodferret - put a level restriction on TCs; they have it on gear, why not TCs? There are TCs that apparently above & beyond what a low level toon should be able to obtain on their own, just like gear, so level restrict them.


For those of you that are saying "remove TCs from PvP" you have to remember this: PvP matching is (apparently) not based on level. So...if you're matched against someone that is 10, 20, or even 30 (or more) levels lower than you, their only chance against you is with TCs.

Now, if you still feel that low level players that you are matched up against shouldn't be using (high level) TCs in PvP to beat you...then you shouldn't be asking to have TCs removed from PvP. You should be asking to have the matching system reworked to make it so that players are matched not only by rank but by approximate level as well. Because then those low level guys with the high level TCs will then be matched up against other low level guys who will have level-appropriate TCs and be able to get their cards out faster due to them either being in-school or lower casting cost.

Cronniss Starrmyrr

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
8
I've been in pvp, but i havent met a lot of people who use treasure cards in duels. I'm thinking they should get rid of treasure card dueling because i think your right, it's still not a pleasant thing to do, it's just plain cheating. Although i do make wild bolt treasure cards for fun, but i havent used then for duels (witch i never will do). Hpoefully the wizard101 company hears about this, and hopefully no one will do treasure card dueling again. :D

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
The only real cheating is something outside the designers intent. Treasure cards are out there for anyone to use.

You want EZ MODE? Play a Balance wizard and cast judgement.

Instant Warlord level.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
9
I believe that some people do get a bit out of hand with treasures, i just hope that maybe they increase the pips into using them, like for wild bolt, intsead of 2 pips maybe they can increase it up to 4. But wild bolt is my only problem in pvp since it can change everything. Since if you keep using it eventually it will hit, and it will hurt.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
1
Rho170 wrote:
My Myth Commander and his friend were in PVP yesturday. We were against 2 Journeymen who weren't what they seemed. They said they had Grands (and of course, very snobish about it). They were BOTH Life Commanders, BOTH lower level than us. Their spells were Helephant, Nature's Wrath, Rebirth, Fire Dragon, and Satyr. Something wrong with this?

Treasure cards are getting way too out of hand. My Myth Commander NEVER used ANY treasure card in PVP. My level 37 Life wizard COLLECTS Treasure Cards, however he NEVER uses any either. I did it the fair way. Those Journeymen (No naming) worked their way up to Commander by 'piggybacking' their Grand's Treasure Cards. They were very proud of that. ANYONE who uses OVER POWERED Treasure Cards CONSISTANTLY is a cheater in my book. Because of this cheating I have lost alot of rank. I've been on the fence between Captain and Commander.

KI needs to make Treasure Cards in PVP SCHOOL ONLY, or WIPE OUT ATTACKING AND HEALING Treasure Cards in PVP. Something NEEDS to be done about this.

Pretty soon I will be facing WARLORDS, and I hope they will be more just than the other ranks.

Please tell me YOUR stories about cheaters (No naming, they know who they are). Hopefully KI will read this and CHANGE THIS OUTRAGE.

Aggrivated thoughts,
-Marcus Legendcrafter, LVL 37 LIFE Storm, Private
-Talon Mythcrafter, LVL 18 MYTH Death, Captain/Commander.



Cheating using treasure cards? Seriously? Look, here is the deal. You go into arena. You want to win. Your opponent wants to win. If you are not using every resource available to you, then you are a fool. (Don't take that to heart, you're really not a fool). My point is folks that, all though this is a video game, and people really don't die, or get defeated, KI has devised all of these wonderful spells, tricks, techniques, etc. so that one can be successful while battling, be it PVE or PVP.

If one should only use spells from thier primary or secondary schools, then Treasure Cards would not even exist, would it. If you are battling against a player lower level than you and they hit you with a high level treasure card, then you are wrong if you are not prepared. You should applaud them from being resourceful. They know that they are low level, so they are equipping themselves to be able to win.

It's not a matter of being fair. Hacking into wizard 101 and somehow giving yourself all of the gold, equipment, and spells that you need is cheating. Like stated before, if it is in the game, it is legal. No skill? Plenty of skill I say. Unfair? What is considered fair in war? You win by using all of your resources.

So let's stop complaining and learn from those who beat us. Like they say "Don't hate, appreciate. And attempt to emulate"

LUKE

Survivor
Nov 08, 2008
3
I say that none of this stuff being posted is cheating. If they took the time to get those strong treasure cards then so be it. I just act silly and have fun. To see how to really pvp you want to challenge me Wolf Dragon Rock on!
Mac and Cheese rules! I want a sandwich. Stop typing what i say dude! Thank you. Stop I mean it! Stop!

Wolf Dragon




And his typer Luke Dragon (HeHeHe)

Survivor
Nov 08, 2008
3
vaughancs wrote:
Rho170 wrote:
My Myth Commander and his friend were in PVP yesturday. We were against 2 Journeymen who weren't what they seemed. They said they had Grands (and of course, very snobish about it). They were BOTH Life Commanders, BOTH lower level than us. Their spells were Helephant, Nature's Wrath, Rebirth, Fire Dragon, and Satyr. Something wrong with this?

Treasure cards are getting way too out of hand. My Myth Commander NEVER used ANY treasure card in PVP. My level 37 Life wizard COLLECTS Treasure Cards, however he NEVER uses any either. I did it the fair way. Those Journeymen (No naming) worked their way up to Commander by 'piggybacking' their Grand's Treasure Cards. They were very proud of that. ANYONE who uses OVER POWERED Treasure Cards CONSISTANTLY is a cheater in my book. Because of this cheating I have lost alot of rank. I've been on the fence between Captain and Commander.

KI needs to make Treasure Cards in PVP SCHOOL ONLY, or WIPE OUT ATTACKING AND HEALING Treasure Cards in PVP. Something NEEDS to be done about this.

Pretty soon I will be facing WARLORDS, and I hope they will be more just than the other ranks.

Please tell me YOUR stories about cheaters (No naming, they know who they are). Hopefully KI will read this and CHANGE THIS OUTRAGE.

Aggrivated thoughts,
-Marcus Legendcrafter, LVL 37 LIFE Storm, Private
-Talon Mythcrafter, LVL 18 MYTH Death, Captain/Commander.



Cheating using treasure cards? Seriously? Look, here is the deal. You go into arena. You want to win. Your opponent wants to win. If you are not using every resource available to you, then you are a fool. (Don't take that to heart, you're really not a fool). My point is folks that, all though this is a video game, and people really don't die, or get defeated, KI has devised all of these wonderful spells, tricks, techniques, etc. so that one can be successful while battling, be it PVE or PVP.

If one should only use spells from thier primary or secondary schools, then Treasure Cards would not even exist, would it. If you are battling against a player lower level than you and they hit you with a high level treasure card, then you are wrong if you are not prepared. You should applaud them from being resourceful. They know that they are low level, so they are equipping themselves to be able to win.

It's not a matter of being fair. Hacking into wizard 101 and somehow giving yourself all of the gold, equipment, and spells that you need is cheating. Like stated before, if it is in the game, it is legal. No skill? Plenty of skill I say. Unfair? What is considered fair in war? You win by using all of your resources.

So let's stop complaining and learn from those who beat us. Like they say "Don't hate, appreciate. And attempt to emulate"

LUKE
My Point Exactully I mean its not Cheating! Just act fun have statergy and be a good Sport. Its not that hard to goof off and still have fun and maybe win i win goof off and have fun at the same time all the time! Wolf Dragon Rock on!!!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
astrofan96 wrote:
I believe that some people do get a bit out of hand with treasures, i just hope that maybe they increase the pips into using them, like for wild bolt, intsead of 2 pips maybe they can increase it up to 4. But wild bolt is my only problem in pvp since it can change everything. Since if you keep using it eventually it will hit, and it will hurt.


Yes, and for some reason, wild bolt seems to successfully hit in arena more than it should. So, I've seen people just try wild bolt over and over and over and over.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer