Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helping others to get to commander or Warlord

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
How about we all help each other that more players can get on wizard101 and play Rank PVP and be happy.

Private can help Warlord keep there's status and Warlords can at least be nice and help private get to Commander.

That all the Warlords have to do. Nothing more just help the private get Commander and you might get another friend.

I know all Warlords get judge by showing there's Warlord badge a few of them brag but I'm not getting into the bragging Warlords.

There are a few good Warlords that will help you if you just ask.

As a Private wizard name Samantha I will trade treasure cards to the nice Warlords.

P:S
They don't have to trade me anything I will happy with just a thank you.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2019
9
Barbie934m on Jan 1, 2019 wrote:
How about we all help each other that more players can get on wizard101 and play Rank PVP and be happy.

Private can help Warlord keep there's status and Warlords can at least be nice and help private get to Commander.

That all the Warlords have to do. Nothing more just help the private get Commander and you might get another friend.

I know all Warlords get judge by showing there's Warlord badge a few of them brag but I'm not getting into the bragging Warlords.

There are a few good Warlords that will help you if you just ask.

As a Private wizard name Samantha I will trade treasure cards to the nice Warlords.

P:S
They don't have to trade me anything I will happy with just a thank you.
I believe that's called boosting and defies the effort and logic of pvp. I dont take pvp to seriously because of the imbalances but am pretty sure they are gonna fix this soon.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
JackShadowFlame26 on Jan 16, 2019 wrote:
I believe that's called boosting and defies the effort and logic of pvp. I dont take pvp to seriously because of the imbalances but am pretty sure they are gonna fix this soon.
Wouldn't that count for Warlords also?

When they are 5 lvl differents?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
837
Boosting is simply getting the easy way out of doing specific things against fairness. Also know as exploit and should never be allowed hence why they ban people for boosting.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
angellifeheart on Feb 6, 2019 wrote:
Boosting is simply getting the easy way out of doing specific things against fairness. Also know as exploit and should never be allowed hence why they ban people for boosting.
I don't think it called boosting at all to me.

If the warlord choose to help a private that 5 lvl ahead of him get commander wouldn't also get him more rank up also?

when he just lvl 60.

what do you call boosting for ranked wizards?

because I would like to know. Because I did get help in the past with a warlord and I think I had a balance wizard name Kymma that was only ranked sergeant and she had a balance wizard name Heather that was a Warlord.

Was she boosting me up in rank?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
837
First of all in order to boost rank you have to lose rank secondly i think your confusing yourself. A rank is not determine by level but by wins and losses in pvp. The more you win the better your rank. Boosting is any form of way of using friendly or individual method in order to boost rank aka wins in pvp to get higher rank which is prohibited yet for some reason people are still doing it because again max pvp is a completely utter failure on k i's inability to perform general maintenance on a field that so many players dedicate their time and efforts and are completely being ignored on specific request. So i don't blame people for boosting at all.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
angellifeheart on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
First of all in order to boost rank you have to lose rank secondly i think your confusing yourself. A rank is not determine by level but by wins and losses in pvp. The more you win the better your rank. Boosting is any form of way of using friendly or individual method in order to boost rank aka wins in pvp to get higher rank which is prohibited yet for some reason people are still doing it because again max pvp is a completely utter failure on k i's inability to perform general maintenance on a field that so many players dedicate their time and efforts and are completely being ignored on specific request. So i don't blame people for boosting at all.
How will I get to commander if I don't have anyone like couching me what to do at all?

So far I been bullied by Warlords on the game so far.

And I been trying so hard to get commander but I never get past sergeant.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
837
Barbie934m on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:
How will I get to commander if I don't have anyone like couching me what to do at all?

So far I been bullied by Warlords on the game so far.

And I been trying so hard to get commander but I never get past sergeant.
That's the million dollar question. If your looking for coaching you should try watching pvp videos on YouTube or spar 1v1 with a friend or boost which ever comes first.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
angellifeheart on Mar 10, 2019 wrote:
That's the million dollar question. If your looking for coaching you should try watching pvp videos on YouTube or spar 1v1 with a friend or boost which ever comes first.
I ask for help and I better at 2v2 but no one will even let me try it at all.

Most wizards on wizard101 are to selfish and brag about there rating and I thought wizard where surpose to help others even in rank PVP when someone asked for help.

But so far the people in pvp lobby don't go by Kingsisle first rule they make there's own rules instead.

Shouldn't everyone help each other and make Rank PVP fun again or do you like drama Rank PVP right now?

Just asking a question.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
JackShadowFlame26 on Jan 16, 2019 wrote:
I believe that's called boosting and defies the effort and logic of pvp. I dont take pvp to seriously because of the imbalances but am pretty sure they are gonna fix this soon.
You are Wrong it not boosting because I know how people boost others players and that only in 1v1 not in 2v2.

I don't know where you get it where 2v2 is boosting but I believe your 100% wrong.

Otherwise I could say if your a veteran and you are boosting with a Warlord to get to being a Warlord also.

It goes both ways not just 1 way.

Samantha above lvl 100

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
95
Barbie934m on Mar 28, 2019 wrote:
You are Wrong it not boosting because I know how people boost others players and that only in 1v1 not in 2v2.

I don't know where you get it where 2v2 is boosting but I believe your 100% wrong.

Otherwise I could say if your a veteran and you are boosting with a Warlord to get to being a Warlord also.

It goes both ways not just 1 way.

Samantha above lvl 100
I don't think you understand what boosting really is. It can be done whether you are in 1v1 2v2 or more. All you need is either multiple accounts or a person who is willing to throw a match for you several times over.

2v2 boosting can be done by someone with 4 accounts easily. .A person makes sure their wizards on all accounts are around the same level then enters the lobby at the same time on all accounts. Since very few people actually do anything other than 1v1 these days they can pretty much guarantee they will get their team made up of 2 of their four accounts.

People have multiple accounts and if you use them right boosting is very possible in all types of pvp.

There is a difference between helping people and losing a match on purpose to raise someone else's rank. Losing on purpose or using multiple (2 or more because people can make as many accounts as they want really) to make sure you get your other account and make them lose matches is boosting and wrong.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
Luvdogs99 on Mar 29, 2019 wrote:
I don't think you understand what boosting really is. It can be done whether you are in 1v1 2v2 or more. All you need is either multiple accounts or a person who is willing to throw a match for you several times over.

2v2 boosting can be done by someone with 4 accounts easily. .A person makes sure their wizards on all accounts are around the same level then enters the lobby at the same time on all accounts. Since very few people actually do anything other than 1v1 these days they can pretty much guarantee they will get their team made up of 2 of their four accounts.

People have multiple accounts and if you use them right boosting is very possible in all types of pvp.

There is a difference between helping people and losing a match on purpose to raise someone else's rank. Losing on purpose or using multiple (2 or more because people can make as many accounts as they want really) to make sure you get your other account and make them lose matches is boosting and wrong.
I do know what boosting is but I don't think you do.

I asked Warlords from the past and they said it was fine if you where 5 lvl differents and the same rank or different it didn't matter to them.

Like a Veteran that lvl 50 and a Warlord that lvl 55.

I go by the old Warlords rules not by the new Warlords changing rules.

If you where 20 lvl higher then the ranked wizard then that called puppetting.

P:S:

This is post for helping each wizard not betraying private or Warlords at all.

I'm trying to get Warlords and private helping each other out instead of reporting each other.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
837
Barbie934m on Apr 20, 2019 wrote:
I do know what boosting is but I don't think you do.

I asked Warlords from the past and they said it was fine if you where 5 lvl differents and the same rank or different it didn't matter to them.

Like a Veteran that lvl 50 and a Warlord that lvl 55.

I go by the old Warlords rules not by the new Warlords changing rules.

If you where 20 lvl higher then the ranked wizard then that called puppetting.

P:S:

This is post for helping each wizard not betraying private or Warlords at all.

I'm trying to get Warlords and private helping each other out instead of reporting each other.
There's no warlord rule. There's a meta and there's a get good or stop trying. Whatever people choose to make up, that's on their own accord. Boosting is simply assisting anyone of any level or rank to a better rank or level without the booster's total effort.That's boosting.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1086
And here I was thinking of just helping teach people to help, odd post.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
502
angellifeheart on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
There's no warlord rule. There's a meta and there's a get good or stop trying. Whatever people choose to make up, that's on their own accord. Boosting is simply assisting anyone of any level or rank to a better rank or level without the booster's total effort.That's boosting.
Yup. If you're 116 Ice like you say, it should be perfectly possible with a good pet, gear, and playstyle to reach Commander, or even Warlord. If you can't I'd suggest looking at what you have, and what current Warlords have in terms of gear and pets first, as those are the easiest to get. Next, I'd highly recommend checking out Wizard101Central, Final Bastion, or Duelist101 for PvP guides. Not all of them are entirely up to date, but they still remain generally relevant and have a lot of good information.

As for what few tips I can give.
  • Get a resist pet or a pet with some resist and some offensive aid. (damage, crit)
  • Get a pet that gives you a blade for your school
  • Darkmoor/Cabal gear is an acceptable free version to the crowns gear if you know what you're doing and play accordingly.
  • Most importantly, if you truly want to improve, you have to put in the time to learn and get the best gear if you don't want to pay to win.
  • Heck, even if you do pay to win, eventually your money won't buy you rank. You're still going to have to look at what you yourself are doing wrong. Look at how you died and ask yourself why you died. Did you mispredict what spell the enemy was going to use? Could you have used a spell to prevent your death? Each death is a learning experience.
  • Stay properly rested/hydrated/fed as you play. Your physical state will affect decisions you make. Don't play tired, mad, hungry, thirsty, etc. This will only hurt you. Take care of yourself first.
  • Remember that not all matches are winnable. You will not win 100% of your matches if you play a lot. This is impossible in any competitive game if you play for any noticeable length of time. There's a saying that goes 20% of your games are unloseable, 20% unwinnable, the other 60% will be wins or losses depending on how you play. (This doesn't entirely apply to Wizard thanks to a pay to win nature but it's a better mindset to have than 'I lose every time because my opponents are pay to win and nothing is wrong with the gear I wear or how I play the game.' It's entirely possible to beat pay-to-win opponents with free gear up until a certain rank by just playing smarter than they do. Money can't buy intelligence in a 1v1.) It's okay to lose. Take it in stride and gg, go again.
  • Most importantly, play to improve. Don't blame the enemy for your loss when you play a close game. Yeah, in a close game their gear may be slightly better. But slightly better gear does not guarantee a win if the person you're up against plays better. Look at what you specifically did wrong and actively work to fix that weakness in your gameplay. Do that for a while and eventually you will climb.


Ice is one of the more viable schools in higher level PvP compared to others. You just have to learn how to play it right. If you aren't, you should look first at what you're doing wrong. People in game can be rude but that doesn't mean guides and coaches don't exist elsewhere. If you can't find it in game, look to forums and blogs online. There are lots of people out there who are willing to help, you just have to know where to look.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
angellifeheart on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
There's no warlord rule. There's a meta and there's a get good or stop trying. Whatever people choose to make up, that's on their own accord. Boosting is simply assisting anyone of any level or rank to a better rank or level without the booster's total effort.That's boosting.
If you can't help out don't post on here anymore.

I don't won't to hear false boosting reports on this post at all.

I get commander and I'm happy right now I'm unhappy so Kingsisle needs to change stuff to help me get what I want instead of warlords all the time.

Are Warlords Gods of rank pvp? I say no so stop being a bully.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
502
Barbie934m on Apr 25, 2019 wrote:
If you can't help out don't post on here anymore.

I don't won't to hear false boosting reports on this post at all.

I get commander and I'm happy right now I'm unhappy so Kingsisle needs to change stuff to help me get what I want instead of warlords all the time.

Are Warlords Gods of rank pvp? I say no so stop being a bully.
He's not being rude. Boosting is losing on purpose so someone else gains rank. If you search what is boosting in an online game the definition it brings up is "When an opponent works with you instead of against you." What this means in terms of 1v1s and 2v2 is purposefully losing, or throwing, a match. What you want could also be considered wintrading if it went slightly differently, which is just as against the rules as boosting. We have a big enough boosting issue already without people asking for it on the forums and I would recommend you take the time to learn how to climb the traditional way.

It's not other people's faults if someone can't or isn't willing to put in the time and effort to farm gear and learn how and when to play what specifics cards they have in your deck. Are there problems with PvP balance? Of course. No one would argue that - there are at least 3 schools at max level that are grossly underpowered compared to the others. Ice is not one of them. If you're patient and put in the time and effort to actually learn why players play specific cards when they do, what spell combos work best, and what gear is best for you, you will climb rank as a Thaumaturge. It is your job to put in that effort, and your job alone. There are plenty of guides available through the various fansites that are easy enough to access. I highly recommend them before asking in-game people to help, as PvP in game is a notoriously elite group.

I apologize if I come across as blunt, but the higher ranks SHOULD be more difficult to earn and having them handed to you by someone losing on purpose when they go against you is just wrong.

Now, if you want an in-game coach, that IS acceptable, albeit hard to do with the tools you have in game. What I'd recommend is finding a way to record your matches, and going over your losses. (A VOD review, in other words.) Find someone higher ranked and willing to do this with you. Figure out post-game what mistakes you made, and try to untangle the reason behind them. Then you can talk about what could have been done instead, and why you should be doing that instead. This is best done over some sort of messenger client, so both coach and coachee can see the video. This should ideally be done post-game so you can get into deeper explanations about why you should do stuff, and so you have time to reflect afterwards and implement the suggestions into your next PvP section. (Also because live coaching if you don't know if the other person has it as well is kind of scummy and very unsportsmanlike.)

It's worked for me in other online games, and it's a tried and true method. Would highly recommend doing this instead, because it helps form good habits for other characters in PvP as well, and the things you learn translate more easily across different schools in games like Wizard than they do in games like Overwatch, where every character has different mechanical requirements for their abilities.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
How is having 2 of the same lvl wizards boosting?

I don’t see it on kingsisle website yet,

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
502
Barbie934m on May 11, 2019 wrote:
How is having 2 of the same lvl wizards boosting?

I don’t see it on kingsisle website yet,
It's not the level that matters. What your level is DOESN'T MATTER. It's their rank. If someone higher rank than you loses to you, on purpose, so that you GAIN rank, it's boosting. That's how it works in all online games, and it's bannable in all of them for the exact reason you'd think - it's cheating and exploiting the matchmaking system.

At the 100+ range Ice is easily capable, with the time and effort put in, to gain Commander/Warlord on their own. Look into the websites I suggested above if you want more detailed strategies on how to hit it. They list plenty of gear guides, pet guides, and strategy guides. At this point, whether or not you get Commander is entirely dependent on if you, yourself, want to put the time and effort/money required to get a good pet and gear. If you aren't willing to do that, the sad truth is you don't deserve Commander.

High ranks take work to reach and should be earned, like obtaining every other thing worth anything.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
Scarlet Nightdream... on May 14, 2019 wrote:
It's not the level that matters. What your level is DOESN'T MATTER. It's their rank. If someone higher rank than you loses to you, on purpose, so that you GAIN rank, it's boosting. That's how it works in all online games, and it's bannable in all of them for the exact reason you'd think - it's cheating and exploiting the matchmaking system.

At the 100+ range Ice is easily capable, with the time and effort put in, to gain Commander/Warlord on their own. Look into the websites I suggested above if you want more detailed strategies on how to hit it. They list plenty of gear guides, pet guides, and strategy guides. At this point, whether or not you get Commander is entirely dependent on if you, yourself, want to put the time and effort/money required to get a good pet and gear. If you aren't willing to do that, the sad truth is you don't deserve Commander.

High ranks take work to reach and should be earned, like obtaining every other thing worth anything.
Did I say I wanted people to lose on purpose?

I just want Private and Warlords to help each other when a private gives tc to a higher ranked wizard even to a warlord shouldn't the Warlord say at least a Thank you?

Because that private helped a Warlord to be nice and Friendly so shouldn't the Warlord be nice and friendly back and say thank you?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
Come on people, it's clear she's asking higher ranks to help lower ranks with their decks/strategy and as part of their team...not helping them by throwing matches or any form of boosting!

Whether you agree/disagree that higher ranks should be expected to help lower rank or newer pvpers, it's not nice to act like you don't know what she's saying so you can accuse her of cheating. I know she's said some controversial things in other posts that have upset people but come on, going off on a tangent to make someone have to defend against something they never suggested is unkind.

I also know that sometimes posts take a while to come through so some people may have responded before it was clarified and genuinely misunderstood what was being said but it is clear now so please stop accusing her of advocating boosting.

@Barbie934M Welcome to the Hunger Games lol

We can't expect or demand that anyone of higher rank helps others, especially when they are (or will be) in direct competition with them. There are many different character types in PvP (and also PvE and everywhere else, real life and the Spiral). Some will be like the 'Careers' of Districts 1, 2 and 4. They're not going to help you because they want to annihilate you.

Some will be more open to helping you and working with you...at first...but hold back and make sure they know your gameplay and weaknesses so you're never too much of a threat.

Some will be completely happy to help and share all their advice and work with you. It sounds like these are the kind of people you want to meet and I hope you find them. I also hope you remember their support, kindness and welcoming attitude and pay it forwards

However, we can't expect or demand that others help and most of them don't want or need your TC. Giving TC doesn't make anyone owe you and if you give it to someone who doesn't say thanks then don't focus on them being 'rude', question why you gave it to them.

TLDR: Welcome to The Hunger Games. My name's not even in the bowl and by commenting I probably just inadvertently 'volunteered as tribute'. Chance of being mauled to death...99%.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
837
Victoria FireHeart on May 16, 2019 wrote:
Come on people, it's clear she's asking higher ranks to help lower ranks with their decks/strategy and as part of their team...not helping them by throwing matches or any form of boosting!

Whether you agree/disagree that higher ranks should be expected to help lower rank or newer pvpers, it's not nice to act like you don't know what she's saying so you can accuse her of cheating. I know she's said some controversial things in other posts that have upset people but come on, going off on a tangent to make someone have to defend against something they never suggested is unkind.

I also know that sometimes posts take a while to come through so some people may have responded before it was clarified and genuinely misunderstood what was being said but it is clear now so please stop accusing her of advocating boosting.

@Barbie934M Welcome to the Hunger Games lol

We can't expect or demand that anyone of higher rank helps others, especially when they are (or will be) in direct competition with them. There are many different character types in PvP (and also PvE and everywhere else, real life and the Spiral). Some will be like the 'Careers' of Districts 1, 2 and 4. They're not going to help you because they want to annihilate you.

Some will be more open to helping you and working with you...at first...but hold back and make sure they know your gameplay and weaknesses so you're never too much of a threat.

Some will be completely happy to help and share all their advice and work with you. It sounds like these are the kind of people you want to meet and I hope you find them. I also hope you remember their support, kindness and welcoming attitude and pay it forwards

However, we can't expect or demand that others help and most of them don't want or need your TC. Giving TC doesn't make anyone owe you and if you give it to someone who doesn't say thanks then don't focus on them being 'rude', question why you gave it to them.

TLDR: Welcome to The Hunger Games. My name's not even in the bowl and by commenting I probably just inadvertently 'volunteered as tribute'. Chance of being mauled to death...99%.
No she is clearly asking to be boosted to get the commander robe. Since shes frustrated like me by how things are in pvp the only way to get what you want is by asking someone to help boost your rank to get the gears you desire.
And by saying controversial things in other post it made it even more clear what shes asking and what shes going through hence why i do not condone her for boosting if the interest in itself is to get her the gears she so desire.

Your post seems to be irrelevant in her case but you made a fine point as to those who are willing to help shouldn't be penalized. PvP is a roller coaster right now and their isnt any definitive strat that can win you or even come close to winning you a match, unless your of specific schools such as ice balance and fire who are all S tier schools.

You know I was coming after ya because once again you stepped into my territory but once again your free to express your ideas and opinions no harms feeling.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
angellifeheart on May 17, 2019 wrote:
No she is clearly asking to be boosted to get the commander robe. Since shes frustrated like me by how things are in pvp the only way to get what you want is by asking someone to help boost your rank to get the gears you desire.
And by saying controversial things in other post it made it even more clear what shes asking and what shes going through hence why i do not condone her for boosting if the interest in itself is to get her the gears she so desire.

Your post seems to be irrelevant in her case but you made a fine point as to those who are willing to help shouldn't be penalized. PvP is a roller coaster right now and their isnt any definitive strat that can win you or even come close to winning you a match, unless your of specific schools such as ice balance and fire who are all S tier schools.

You know I was coming after ya because once again you stepped into my territory but once again your free to express your ideas and opinions no harms feeling.
I think you've misunderstood the territories

PvP might be your domain but bullying on any territory becomes mine and I will always step in.

She's already said she has a warlord helping her so if she was boosting she wouldn't be struggling to reach warlord. She's obviously had some issues with people not being very helpful or kind to her as a newer PvPer...note, I didn't tell warlords to 'play nice' and 'be helpful', I told her to accept there are different types of people and giving TC doesn't make someone owe her anything!

I did include the observation that due to moderation times it is very possible for someone to have posted without the benefit of knowing what else had been posted. Misunderstandings can easily get a bunch of responses before it is clear...and I've noticed that people seem to find it surprisingly difficulty to apologise when they mistook something...even when it was a genuine, honest mistake. On a side note, I see the ability to apologise as a strength not a weakness. Even more so when the person you're saying it to is someone you're not particularly fond of.

It's okay for people to disagree and discussions can get quite heated, but accusations based on assumptions and getting personal or hurting each other is not acceptable. It's important we remember there is a person behind the posts. We don't know what their life is like, their age, their maturity, their experiences...we don't know very much about each other at all. I'm sure the way some things have been said would have had a very different tone and been said in a very different way had the people involved been sitting together in a real life situation.

I think we can all do with a reminder at times that this is just a game and even though we care about it a lot, people matter more, each other's welbeing matters more. Sometimes we even have to take a moment irl to remember that everything is temporary and how we make people feel is the only thing that lives beyond that moment. Even if we disagree with each other, we can do it without hurting each other by making it personal

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
154
Scarlet Nightdream... on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
Yup. If you're 116 Ice like you say, it should be perfectly possible with a good pet, gear, and playstyle to reach Commander, or even Warlord. If you can't I'd suggest looking at what you have, and what current Warlords have in terms of gear and pets first, as those are the easiest to get. Next, I'd highly recommend checking out Wizard101Central, Final Bastion, or Duelist101 for PvP guides. Not all of them are entirely up to date, but they still remain generally relevant and have a lot of good information.

As for what few tips I can give.
  • Get a resist pet or a pet with some resist and some offensive aid. (damage, crit)
  • Get a pet that gives you a blade for your school
  • Darkmoor/Cabal gear is an acceptable free version to the crowns gear if you know what you're doing and play accordingly.
  • Most importantly, if you truly want to improve, you have to put in the time to learn and get the best gear if you don't want to pay to win.
  • Heck, even if you do pay to win, eventually your money won't buy you rank. You're still going to have to look at what you yourself are doing wrong. Look at how you died and ask yourself why you died. Did you mispredict what spell the enemy was going to use? Could you have used a spell to prevent your death? Each death is a learning experience.
  • Stay properly rested/hydrated/fed as you play. Your physical state will affect decisions you make. Don't play tired, mad, hungry, thirsty, etc. This will only hurt you. Take care of yourself first.
  • Remember that not all matches are winnable. You will not win 100% of your matches if you play a lot. This is impossible in any competitive game if you play for any noticeable length of time. There's a saying that goes 20% of your games are unloseable, 20% unwinnable, the other 60% will be wins or losses depending on how you play. (This doesn't entirely apply to Wizard thanks to a pay to win nature but it's a better mindset to have than 'I lose every time because my opponents are pay to win and nothing is wrong with the gear I wear or how I play the game.' It's entirely possible to beat pay-to-win opponents with free gear up until a certain rank by just playing smarter than they do. Money can't buy intelligence in a 1v1.) It's okay to lose. Take it in stride and gg, go again.
  • Most importantly, play to improve. Don't blame the enemy for your loss when you play a close game. Yeah, in a close game their gear may be slightly better. But slightly better gear does not guarantee a win if the person you're up against plays better. Look at what you specifically did wrong and actively work to fix that weakness in your gameplay. Do that for a while and eventually you will climb.


Ice is one of the more viable schools in higher level PvP compared to others. You just have to learn how to play it right. If you aren't, you should look first at what you're doing wrong. People in game can be rude but that doesn't mean guides and coaches don't exist elsewhere. If you can't find it in game, look to forums and blogs online. There are lots of people out there who are willing to help, you just have to know where to look.
You are correct I don't boost at all but I think i will still trade tc to any wizards private sergeant veteran commander warlord.

because it the friendly thing to do and I admit I haven't been friendly to others wizards in the past when a few warlords try to help me out.

So now I think i need to straight myself out and help others to get the pet stats they want or any tc they want I'm now a max ice wizards so I have a lot of gold now.

Samanth lvl 130

P:S:

be family friendly even to the bullies wizards on the game because giving is following the righteous paths.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
837
Victoria FireHeart on May 20, 2019 wrote:
I think you've misunderstood the territories

PvP might be your domain but bullying on any territory becomes mine and I will always step in.

She's already said she has a warlord helping her so if she was boosting she wouldn't be struggling to reach warlord. She's obviously had some issues with people not being very helpful or kind to her as a newer PvPer...note, I didn't tell warlords to 'play nice' and 'be helpful', I told her to accept there are different types of people and giving TC doesn't make someone owe her anything!

I did include the observation that due to moderation times it is very possible for someone to have posted without the benefit of knowing what else had been posted. Misunderstandings can easily get a bunch of responses before it is clear...and I've noticed that people seem to find it surprisingly difficulty to apologise when they mistook something...even when it was a genuine, honest mistake. On a side note, I see the ability to apologise as a strength not a weakness. Even more so when the person you're saying it to is someone you're not particularly fond of.

It's okay for people to disagree and discussions can get quite heated, but accusations based on assumptions and getting personal or hurting each other is not acceptable. It's important we remember there is a person behind the posts. We don't know what their life is like, their age, their maturity, their experiences...we don't know very much about each other at all. I'm sure the way some things have been said would have had a very different tone and been said in a very different way had the people involved been sitting together in a real life situation.

I think we can all do with a reminder at times that this is just a game and even though we care about it a lot, people matter more, each other's welbeing matters more. Sometimes we even have to take a moment irl to remember that everything is temporary and how we make people feel is the only thing that lives beyond that moment. Even if we disagree with each other, we can do it without hurting each other by making it personal
Tc doesn't boost your rank? And i believe she was contradicting her point earlier on in her post when she started off being bias about balance and her furiosty towards losing against fire due to burning rampage. Perhaps the state in the fact that she admitted herself she doesn't condone boosting ill let it slide. In a game nothing matters more so in that your having fun, people are just people but that's just an opinion.There are good ones and bad ones but it up to us to decide which crowd we choose to mix with. But you are right in that everything is temporary and feelings do matter other wise there wouldn't a thread to post your ideas. So can you in your expertise convince k i to listen to its pvp players who are basically half of the games player base to fix pvp? and stop ignoring us with pve contents and put more focus on pvp contents its been 5 yrs ya know if you can that'll be awesome

1