Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with deck construction!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I am level 35 Death and enjoy playing the game very much. Except when it comes to pvp!! I have been in many pvp matches and THINK I know what I'm doing. But obviously not!!! I would really appreciate any advice on deck construction, especially from you fellow Necromancers! Thanks :-)

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
purpldepp wrote:
I am level 35 Death and enjoy playing the game very much. Except when it comes to pvp!! I have been in many pvp matches and THINK I know what I'm doing. But obviously not!!! I would really appreciate any advice on deck construction, especially from you fellow Necromancers! Thanks :-)

my death has the dragonfire deck, holds 60 cards 4 for each school. i have 4 wraiths, tower shields, scarecrows, doom and gloom, infection, death trap, feint, curse, weakness, sacrifice, spirt blade and trap, and death blade. i also have the best robe hat and boots of the game for death. as well as signet of the homunculus, and the soulsinger athame. with the lvl 45 death sword (from ivan soulsinger) i hope that helped, honestly its the only deck i got cause im to lazy to farm the grimcaster deck :-P

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
ok, i am not death but i think i can help. I have dragonfire deck (see above post for stats) and i almost never fill it. For bosses i check what they are and put in what i need. For pvp i put in all the shields i have (i have storm, fire, ice, life, and myth) and powerful offensive spells along with blades, traps, and darkwind, and a few weak (so if they have 200 left i can just use lightning bats instead of saving for stormzilla). This usually works for me.

Alex DragonBreaker
Level 48
Storm

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Well me being a conjerer i cant help much but my friend is a lvl 35 necromancer vetran and he says he contrusts his deck:

-With tons of shields

-O' Brineys amulet which gives kraken + feint = great damage

-Tons of converts and blades.

-And some animate's so the minion will help you with damage

-And if you cant get a kraken amulet, using a power play amulet is good also to get many pips.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
i not death but i no a lot about decks.

ok, i gotta know what ur second school is b4 i can tell u anything.

this advice is for no second school.
1: i know death has drain, but u should have plain old heal spells too. i recommend getting as many pixies into there as you can. subtract 1 from that and there's your sacrifice number.

2: fill a little less then 1/2 of your deck with attacks. the rest goes to wards charms heals etc.

3: the instant you get poison, add a couple. poison makes for an excellent shield-breaker. dont put too many in though, because they also will eat all the traps you set.

4: put more deathblades than death traps in, and put in a couple of the awesome feint.

5: put the max number of vampires in as possible. when you get wraith, add one less than the # of vampires.

but seriously, i need to know your second school.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Fill at least 1/2 of your deck with shields,low level strikes,blows, etc....and traps most of these are 0 pip costing spells. Using these can help have less damage done to yourself, more damage to oppenent , and can help add your pips for stronger higher level spells.

~Taylor~
~ level 19~
~Life Student~

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
purpldepp wrote:

While I don't have a death wizard myself, I have dueled enough death warlords to come up with a strategy.

Deck: Deck of the Lotus (lvl 30+, 50 cards, 4 copy max)
Vampire x4 - Your main attack, as you don't have Wraith yet.
Skeletal Pirate x2 - The finisher, use only when you're ready to kill your opponent.
Poison x4 - Use this to break shields. This also prevents opponents from shielding against your Vampire.
Ghoul x2 - Mainly here to break shields in case your wand/Poison isn't showing.
Deathblade x4 - The main boost, always cast it before Vampire/Pirate.
Spirit Blade x4 - See Deathblade.
Feint x2 - It can be hard to use Feint, with Poison and shields, but try to slip it in right before Vampire/Pirate.
Sacrifice x2 - The only heal in the deck, heals aren't very necessary as you have lifesteals.
Doom and Gloom x3 - Try to keep this up as often as possible. It won't hurt you very badly as lifesteals are your main source of health. Don't cast it when you are low on health, that's just shooting yourself in the foot.
Infection x3 - Another "lockdown" card. Try to keep one of these on your opponent at all times.
Animate x3 - Minions are extemely helpful. Check ironhawk's guide over at wizard101central.com to find the minion that fits your playstyle.
Shields - Since I don't know what your side school is, I can't put a specific spell here. I recommend going into ice for Tower Shield. In any case, fill up the rest of your deck with heals.

Wand of choice - The Mooshu death wand, can be purchased from the wand shop.
Clothing - Search the bazaar for the best gear you can afford, the gear should give health, power pip chance, death attack, and death defense.

The strategy - To keep it simple, get Doom and Gloom up quickly and then start casting Poison. Once Poison has been applied, use Deathblade and Spirit Blade, followed by a 700+ damage Vampire. Quickly follow up with an Infection to lockdown your opponent's heals. Also, don't forget to shield along the way!
When your opponent has been lowered to under 800 health. Finish them with a double-bladed Pirate (if you can slip a Feint in there, even better).

I hope this mini-guide helped.

Duncan Earthtamer - Grandmaster Sorcerer
Scot Stormrider - Grandmaster Diviner