Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
i need help. i am a lvl 65 death and i have never won a single pvp! i don't know how someone can lose 20 out of 20 times on this :( can somebody help. i just need a strategy or something

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Dark7X wrote:
i need help. i am a lvl 65 death and i have never won a single pvp! i don't know how someone can lose 20 out of 20 times on this :( can somebody help. i just need a strategy or something
The way to win is the same way you get into Carnegie Hall: Practice, practice, practice. A simple starting strategy is to cast a bunch of Towers and spam enchanted Poisons and maybe cast Dragon after a bit. Other then that, you might want to think up a few of your own.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
When I was just getting started in PvP, I spent some time watching matches of wizards from my school who had a high ranking. If you meet a nice wizard, he or she might even give you a few tips for your school.

When you lose a match, ask yourself, "What did my opponent do that made me lose? And what could I do to prevent that from happening next time?"

It's really all a matter of deck preparation, and tweaking your deck as you learn what works and what doesn't. And yes, your Treasure Deck is a very important part of PvP. For example it's a great idea to load some attacks with Gargantuan on them, that you made earlier in the Golem Tower or on Unicorn Way.

Additionally there are some PvP strategy guides over at Wizard101Central.com.

Hopefully you have an Epic pet with Spell Proof, Spell Defy, and Spritely (Though maybe death wizards don't need spritely since they sometimes use doom and gloom, I don't know). And Waterworks Gear. That's almost standard fair for high level PvP these days.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
The first thing in pvp to win is to get the waterworks gear, it is the best gear for your school. Then I would get the life-force blade or similar: one with critical rating and a block. The I would practice a lot, don't practice with low level wizards try to get a transcended wizard. Then put loads of D.O.T spells in your deck, it prevents people from spamming shields, put doom and gloom down to disable their heals, and just in case for really long duels put in three to five reshuffles. Put in shields for every school and put in a few feints. For extra help ask your friends for pvp tips.