Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Got ranked down and pvp gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2014
It was just so unfair I got to knight fast, after knight I've got a fight with a 38 higher than my level(level5).
I have got to knight then all I have fight with is higher than my level(level 20-30) (just got one fight of the level 38). And my rank just got to private again is this how ranked match really work it's not fair?
I was so sad when my recorded got recked

I have eyed this veterean gear should I buy this gear after I got to knight again?
What do you guys think?
Or wait to get to commander and buy the commander thing?
(Just scared again if I got to knight maybe I will get to fight higher levels)

The gear will you guys comment for it?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Do not buy veteran gear. It is not worth your hard-earned tickets. You might take a few more losses because of your stats while you save up for commander gear, but it will be worth it in the long run.

To manage your losses and make sure you preserve your rank, you might want to consider a few options:
  • If you notice a lot of strong opponents at a certain time of day, consider playing PvP at a different time.

• Make sure you have not checked "all opponents" unless you really want it checked.

• If you are Level 5, consider leveling up to 20. You will have more cards in your deck and better gear. This is the safest low-level PvP station there is, in my experience. Sometimes you may fight a Master or Grandmaster, but they won't have Waterworks gear or good critical boost, and usually can be defeated with planning and a solid treasure deck.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Lucas Rain on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
Do not buy veteran gear. It is not worth your hard-earned tickets. You might take a few more losses because of your stats while you save up for commander gear, but it will be worth it in the long run.

To manage your losses and make sure you preserve your rank, you might want to consider a few options:
  • If you notice a lot of strong opponents at a certain time of day, consider playing PvP at a different time.

• Make sure you have not checked "all opponents" unless you really want it checked.

• If you are Level 5, consider leveling up to 20. You will have more cards in your deck and better gear. This is the safest low-level PvP station there is, in my experience. Sometimes you may fight a Master or Grandmaster, but they won't have Waterworks gear or good critical boost, and usually can be defeated with planning and a solid treasure deck.
Thank! But how about the gear that I have right now compare to the gear from the baazar(level 20 what you mean.)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
carlosmi11 on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Thank! But how about the gear that I have right now compare to the gear from the baazar(level 20 what you mean.)
If you are at Level 20 and you're saving for your first piece of Commander gear, here are some gear sets that would really help you out:
  • the Winter Palace set from the Yuletide packs
  • the Proud Jaguar set from the Shaman's Lore packs
  • the World's Foot set from the Hoard of the Hydra packs
  • the Faerie Court set from the Hoard of the Hydra packs
  • with a Heartsteel
  • and a wand that gives you a pip

Mix and match pieces as you need. The key is to have gear that boosts universal resistance and also boosts hits for your school.

If you don't have crowns for these purchases, it's going to be tricky. I can't recommend you anything unless you tell me the school of this character.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Lucas Rain on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
If you are at Level 20 and you're saving for your first piece of Commander gear, here are some gear sets that would really help you out:
  • the Winter Palace set from the Yuletide packs
  • the Proud Jaguar set from the Shaman's Lore packs
  • the World's Foot set from the Hoard of the Hydra packs
  • the Faerie Court set from the Hoard of the Hydra packs
  • with a Heartsteel
  • and a wand that gives you a pip

Mix and match pieces as you need. The key is to have gear that boosts universal resistance and also boosts hits for your school.

If you don't have crowns for these purchases, it's going to be tricky. I can't recommend you anything unless you tell me the school of this character.
Ohh hi
Balance wizard

My wizard right now is level 5 I got him to knight again!
But I think the gear will be a rare to get

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
carlosmi11 on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
Ohh hi
Balance wizard

My wizard right now is level 5 I got him to knight again!
But I think the gear will be a rare to get
I see. Your gear choices are extremely limited at Level 5. If you were at least Level 10, you could farm Winterbane or Midnight Pagoda to get crowns gear drops to help you.

You disadvantage yourself unless you give yourself access to better gear. A Level 5 wizard can't have as much health, resistance, damage, item card spells, or deck space as your opponents at higher levels (and as you progress from Knight, there will be more and more of these). Simple math says you will take more losses, and it will be harder to get the gear you need.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Lucas Rain on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
I see. Your gear choices are extremely limited at Level 5. If you were at least Level 10, you could farm Winterbane or Midnight Pagoda to get crowns gear drops to help you.

You disadvantage yourself unless you give yourself access to better gear. A Level 5 wizard can't have as much health, resistance, damage, item card spells, or deck space as your opponents at higher levels (and as you progress from Knight, there will be more and more of these). Simple math says you will take more losses, and it will be harder to get the gear you need.
Okay so you mean farm the bosses at winterbane and pagoda dungeon?
Is the gear that they drop usually for level10?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If your wizard enters Winterbane and Pagoda, all the rewards you get will be scaled to your level. If you get any crowns drops, they should be usable from Level 10 and up. I don't think there are any drops a Level 5 can equip.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Lucas Rain on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
If your wizard enters Winterbane and Pagoda, all the rewards you get will be scaled to your level. If you get any crowns drops, they should be usable from Level 10 and up. I don't think there are any drops a Level 5 can equip.
Thank you so much!
Lucas you have help me thank you again
Can I meet up with you?

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
carlosmi11 on Nov 2, 2014 wrote:
Thank you so much!
Lucas you have help me thank you again
Can I meet up with you?
He didn't text me back lol