Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

good strategy for myth?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 17, 2012
148
I'm a level 100 myth, and I sometimes have trouble in pvp. I usually use medusa to stun them, earthquake when they put blades up, shatter their shields, and use shift when necessary. I use tower shield when they have a lot of pips, and orthrus if I can't find a shatter. this strategy has improved my pvp rating slightly but I 90% of the time lose against warlords.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Justin firethief level 100, Michael level 59

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Can you answer some of these? That would be a good starting point.
  • What are your stats (damage, resist, crit rat, block rat, pips, heals)?
  • What does your pet do?
  • What attacks other than Medusa are you using?
  • What other shields than Tower do you have trained?
  • What heals do you use?
  • What is your counterstrategy when your opponent goes Shadow Shrike?

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
148
Lucas Rain on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Can you answer some of these? That would be a good starting point.
  • What are your stats (damage, resist, crit rat, block rat, pips, heals)?
  • What does your pet do?
  • What attacks other than Medusa are you using?
  • What other shields than Tower do you have trained?
  • What heals do you use?
  • What is your counterstrategy when your opponent goes Shadow Shrike?
my damage is somewhere around 60, my resist is 68 for death, 40-something for myth and life, and 26 for everything else. my pet has may cast fairy and may cast spirit blade, and it gives me death resistance. I use king atourious (I spelled that that wrong) Basilisk, orthrus, frog, and medusa.i have the shields in storm, myth, life, and death. I use satyr and fairy. when someone uses shadow shrike I try to do as much damage as I can so their heals are less effective.
Justin Firethief lvl 100 Michael lvl 59

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
148
Lucas Rain on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Can you answer some of these? That would be a good starting point.
  • What are your stats (damage, resist, crit rat, block rat, pips, heals)?
  • What does your pet do?
  • What attacks other than Medusa are you using?
  • What other shields than Tower do you have trained?
  • What heals do you use?
  • What is your counterstrategy when your opponent goes Shadow Shrike?
I also have 250 critical rating and 120 critical block.
JUstin firethief level 100

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
144
Earthquaking when they put blades up?? I think it's a little flaw in your strategy. And tower shielding is probably one of the worse things to do in PvP(they could just use shadow strike and then the match is over).

Stack up blades and remove any weaknesses/any of that and use a "big" spell, such as celestial calender.

Not a big fan of PvP, but this is just a strategy......

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
It looks like your gear isn't optimal for PvP.
  • Personally, I would immediately begin working a pet that gives you May Cast Fairy, Critical Striker, and Spell Proof, along with anything else that will help you. May Cast Spirit Blade and death resistance aren't going to serve you very well.
  • You will want to make a decision whether you are an offense or defense build. Since you're myth, I suggest getting the Hades gear/Paladin set, since it will significantly increase your offensive capabilities. Playing "best of both worlds" (offense and defense) usually means you can't defend against Shrike and you can't damage Jade turtles, so you stand to lose to both.
  • Your shields... I am assuming that you mean you have Thermic Shield, Ether Shield, Legend Shield, and Dream Shield. That leaves you vulnerable to Storm, and you need more than Tower to defend yourself. You will want to train Volcanic Shield and possibly Glacial Shield. (If you meant that you have trained single shields for Storm, Myth, Death, etc., then do not put those in your deck. They will waste your deck space and make your cards harder to get.)
  • Do not attack when someone goes Shrike unless you have no other choice. Shrike users usually aren't going to heal themselves, they're just going to keep pounding you. So, your first step should be to defend and heal, or else you will probably lose to giant critical hits and pierce.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
148
Lucas Rain on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
It looks like your gear isn't optimal for PvP.
  • Personally, I would immediately begin working a pet that gives you May Cast Fairy, Critical Striker, and Spell Proof, along with anything else that will help you. May Cast Spirit Blade and death resistance aren't going to serve you very well.
  • You will want to make a decision whether you are an offense or defense build. Since you're myth, I suggest getting the Hades gear/Paladin set, since it will significantly increase your offensive capabilities. Playing "best of both worlds" (offense and defense) usually means you can't defend against Shrike and you can't damage Jade turtles, so you stand to lose to both.
  • Your shields... I am assuming that you mean you have Thermic Shield, Ether Shield, Legend Shield, and Dream Shield. That leaves you vulnerable to Storm, and you need more than Tower to defend yourself. You will want to train Volcanic Shield and possibly Glacial Shield. (If you meant that you have trained single shields for Storm, Myth, Death, etc., then do not put those in your deck. They will waste your deck space and make your cards harder to get.)
  • Do not attack when someone goes Shrike unless you have no other choice. Shrike users usually aren't going to heal themselves, they're just going to keep pounding you. So, your first step should be to defend and heal, or else you will probably lose to giant critical hits and pierce.
thanks for the advice. I've been farming hades for a while, but the best thing I got is Zeus's gear (level 90) yes, I meant thermic shield, ether shield legend shield, and dream shield.
thanks again,
Justin firethief level 100 , Michael level 59

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
the mythonator on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
thanks for the advice. I've been farming hades for a while, but the best thing I got is Zeus's gear (level 90) yes, I meant thermic shield, ether shield legend shield, and dream shield.
thanks again,
Justin firethief level 100 , Michael level 59
Cool. Hope that helps put a few more W's in your record.

Defender
Jul 17, 2014
103
the mythonator on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
I'm a level 100 myth, and I sometimes have trouble in pvp. I usually use medusa to stun them, earthquake when they put blades up, shatter their shields, and use shift when necessary. I use tower shield when they have a lot of pips, and orthrus if I can't find a shatter. this strategy has improved my pvp rating slightly but I 90% of the time lose against warlords.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Justin firethief level 100, Michael level 59
Take my advice and do ALOT of tower shields. In my experience you should NEVER do weak spells every single round other thank waiting for a really high damage spell. Doing small damage over and over gives the opponent a chance to heal themselves during that time. I like your stratagies though. The tower shield is a very great spell. I've probably lost around 15 pvp's just because people kept putting -25 percent damage spells on me. If you are doing large damage spells i'd suggest putting a plus blank percent myth sheild and a plus blank percent damage spell and the rest of the time you are waiting for new pips you should put sheilds on yourself! This has helped me so much in all battles.

Sabrina Winterblade ice level 23

Defender
Jul 17, 2014
103
Hey you also need to buy things in the bazaar that gives you spells or if you have alot of crowns you should buy a bunch of hoard and lore packs. That's what I did and I have shoes that give me a 5 pip spell, a robe that gives me a 5 pip fire bird and a hat that gives me a tower shield. I got another pair of shoes another robe and two other hats too.

sabrina winterbladeice level 23