Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going second in PvP

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
PvP depend on one thing: the order you go in.

See, you pile up 3 books. Which one was put last? The top one. And which one will be tooken first? The top one.

PvP relies too much on chance - just like the Storm School. No offence, Diviners, but look at Wild Bolt, Insane Bolt, and Healing Current.

I'd like it if Kingsisle could add a PvP feature that permits players that go seccond to have more tools. Like, it would be nice to desing PvP spells only if going seccond.

Most of my lost matches is from going seccond. I have 23 won, 19 lost.

Thank you.

#popcicool7777777

PS I'd like to add that the Crowns Gear makes a huge difference in Midlevel PvP. If you dont have the Crowns, you wont succeed. And THAT is unfair too. You should be able to succeed without Crowns. Same thing applies with henchmen.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
popcicool7777777 on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
PvP depend on one thing: the order you go in.

See, you pile up 3 books. Which one was put last? The top one. And which one will be tooken first? The top one.

PvP relies too much on chance - just like the Storm School. No offence, Diviners, but look at Wild Bolt, Insane Bolt, and Healing Current.

I'd like it if Kingsisle could add a PvP feature that permits players that go seccond to have more tools. Like, it would be nice to desing PvP spells only if going seccond.

Most of my lost matches is from going seccond. I have 23 won, 19 lost.

Thank you.

#popcicool7777777

PS I'd like to add that the Crowns Gear makes a huge difference in Midlevel PvP. If you dont have the Crowns, you wont succeed. And THAT is unfair too. You should be able to succeed without Crowns. Same thing applies with henchmen.
BUG - Opponent disappeared?!

I have noticed a new PvP bug, which is quite frustrating. I stepped in the Arena, and I saw a pet alone. The opponent wasn't there! I couldn't even cast a spell!

Please Kingsisle fix this! Thanks!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
I would like to argue with the last thing you said about crowns gear.

That is not true, it is solely based on strategy.
While yes, crowns gear does give you an edge, it isn't what decides the outcome.
Also, I do NOT want benefits for whoever goes second.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
Rony The Turtle on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
I would like to argue with the last thing you said about crowns gear.

That is not true, it is solely based on strategy.
While yes, crowns gear does give you an edge, it isn't what decides the outcome.
Also, I do NOT want benefits for whoever goes second.
Thank you for your feedback.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2915
Rony The Turtle on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
I would like to argue with the last thing you said about crowns gear.

That is not true, it is solely based on strategy.
While yes, crowns gear does give you an edge, it isn't what decides the outcome.
Also, I do NOT want benefits for whoever goes second.
crowns gear gives those with money considerable leverage over those who don't pvpay up, mostly because it comes with stats or abilities that your average player of that level can't access.

my fire wizard (level 17) does not have crowns items or the commander gear; she was a corporal before losing her rank to a level 10 whose gear gave her mana burn and critical... that annoyed me for 2 reasons:

1) your average low-level wizard does not have access to those stats and cannot block critical hits; no matter how well-shielded you are, you will die.

2) my level 90 balance wizard had to beat some crazy dungeon to get that spell. it's supposed to be a available by quest-only to that school only, yet people who spend money don't have to do the work for it.

money power is not strategy, end of.

-von

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
Dr Von on Feb 9, 2013 wrote:
crowns gear gives those with money considerable leverage over those who don't pvpay up, mostly because it comes with stats or abilities that your average player of that level can't access.

my fire wizard (level 17) does not have crowns items or the commander gear; she was a corporal before losing her rank to a level 10 whose gear gave her mana burn and critical... that annoyed me for 2 reasons:

1) your average low-level wizard does not have access to those stats and cannot block critical hits; no matter how well-shielded you are, you will die.

2) my level 90 balance wizard had to beat some crazy dungeon to get that spell. it's supposed to be a available by quest-only to that school only, yet people who spend money don't have to do the work for it.

money power is not strategy, end of.

-von
Thanks foor your support, Von!

I fully agree with you. The Kirin's Hoard gear gives Critical, at level 20! And the Hydra Hoard gives the new Avalon Utility Spells.

Misty Montain Mandolin gives Snow Drift, which can ruin a Sprite, and the other gives Guardian Spirit!

How do you think our Midlevel casual PvP players survive?

I have to admit that I use thee Winter Palace Guard outfit (LvL 10+ Tier) on my LvL 30 Thaumaturge, and even though its level 10, I use it!

It doesnt give me Critical, just small Damage and Resistance, but no spell cards attached to it! THAT is why I use it.

Midlevel PvP is becoming the worse off, because of specific reasons:

1) Critical at Low Lvls

2) Level 70+ spells

3) Rank 7-10 TC users

4) Puppet teams

5) Sore loosers

Thank you.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2915
popcicool7777777 on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
Thanks foor your support, Von!

I fully agree with you. The Kirin's Hoard gear gives Critical, at level 20! And the Hydra Hoard gives the new Avalon Utility Spells.

Misty Montain Mandolin gives Snow Drift, which can ruin a Sprite, and the other gives Guardian Spirit!

How do you think our Midlevel casual PvP players survive?

I have to admit that I use thee Winter Palace Guard outfit (LvL 10+ Tier) on my LvL 30 Thaumaturge, and even though its level 10, I use it!

It doesnt give me Critical, just small Damage and Resistance, but no spell cards attached to it! THAT is why I use it.

Midlevel PvP is becoming the worse off, because of specific reasons:

1) Critical at Low Lvls

2) Level 70+ spells

3) Rank 7-10 TC users

4) Puppet teams

5) Sore loosers

Thank you.
you're welcome.



1) critical at low-levels should be a non-issue. but, since i was fighting level 5 warlords with critical, i found myself some crowns gear with block~ not a lot, but just enough that i might have a chance.

2) level 70+ spells... i used to be against using off-school spells in pvp, but i've learned that those who play fair will not win matches. so i now spam things like ice krakens and judge. at level 22 (yes, i leveled up), i've won with efreets, and been killed by them. if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. and, until ki officially says it's cheating, i'm going to keep doing it.

3) again, there is nothing wrong with tc in pvp. i don't like that school-only quest spells are available for crowns... like, my fire wizard will never use mana burn, out of respect for those balance wizards who, like me, actually had to work for the spell. but, if it's in tc form, it's fair game~ otherwise, balance would be attacking through layers of shields all the time, because they have no way to remove them.

4) i avoid puppets by only doing 1v1 matches; if you want to avoid them further, i suggest one of 2 things: 1) always group up with people you know, or 2) don't pvp.

5) sore losers... they are awful. i've been called a "noob tc user" so many times, which is silly (they have no idea i'm a promethean wizard in stealth-mode, who actually knows her way around, because all they see is my little pyro noob). that said, sore winners are no more bearable~ if you feel the need to taunt your opponent after a match, you obviously have bigger issues and should not pvp~ now, later, or ever.

-

since this has always been an issue for me, i decided to try a little experiment... i had a few crowns left over, so i bought a few random hoard packs for my baby pyro, to see if any overpowered crowns gear would turn up. sure enough, it did, so i bought a few high-level tc. then, i spent the day in 1v1 and, within a couple of hours, my rank had gone up twice.

coincidence? i don't think so.

i guess it helps that i have a good pet, and that angela is the baby of my wizarding family (the others have already been there, done that). but i couldn't help but notice the effect that my new gear had on low-level pvp.

now serving cheese,
-sergeant von

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
OH. I haven't done midlevel PvP in a while, so I wasn't aware of what you meant. I was thinking as in crowns gear from the crowns shop. Aka the stuff that's dropped. Btw, conviction :P

Btw, you cannot play casual in Midlevel PvP. You have to play dirty ;D
I understand your feeling, but I don't think we will be able to do anything about it... Either way, Judgement spammers are too mainstream now, so those aren't a worry.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2915
Rony The Turtle on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
OH. I haven't done midlevel PvP in a while, so I wasn't aware of what you meant. I was thinking as in crowns gear from the crowns shop. Aka the stuff that's dropped. Btw, conviction :P

Btw, you cannot play casual in Midlevel PvP. You have to play dirty ;D
I understand your feeling, but I don't think we will be able to do anything about it... Either way, Judgement spammers are too mainstream now, so those aren't a worry.
yeah, last time i did mid-level pvp was with my now-promethean balance wizard. she was my first wizard, and only a grandmaster back then, so i had no sweet clue what i was doing.

that being said, the overpowered gear in hoard packs does unbalance low-level pvp. my little pyromancer used to get beaten on a regular basis by level 5s in full crowns gear with 60 universal resist and critical... your average player cannot access those stats before level 50, and sergeant rank is required to train conviction; naturally, when angela became a sergeant, it was the first thing i did.

sometimes you've just gotta play dirty pool, hence my overpowered-hoard-pack experiment. and, since i've had nothing but good results, i think i'm gonna keep right on at it, until 1) ki says it's cheating, or 2) customizable pvp becomes available and i no longer have to worry about having my posterior handed to me by a level 5 with critical and, thanks to full warlord or overpowered crowns gear, better stats than my level 90 wizard.

i am not a judgement spammer. but i have killed with judge, and been killed by it; i've won from first, and from second. all of the avalon spells were designed to give the second person even footing in pvp, so it's the op's fault if s/he is not using the resources available.

-

to the op:

i recently tried high-level pvp for the first time. my balance wizard was on a team with 2 friends (storm and ice) when our primary damage-dealer insane-bolted himself. but was it the end of him? no, because we had a backup plan in place.

yes, pvp is largely about chance, but it becomes less so when you go in with a game-plan and have good teammates who know what they're doing.

-sergeant von.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
Dr Von on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
yeah, last time i did mid-level pvp was with my now-promethean balance wizard. she was my first wizard, and only a grandmaster back then, so i had no sweet clue what i was doing.

that being said, the overpowered gear in hoard packs does unbalance low-level pvp. my little pyromancer used to get beaten on a regular basis by level 5s in full crowns gear with 60 universal resist and critical... your average player cannot access those stats before level 50, and sergeant rank is required to train conviction; naturally, when angela became a sergeant, it was the first thing i did.

sometimes you've just gotta play dirty pool, hence my overpowered-hoard-pack experiment. and, since i've had nothing but good results, i think i'm gonna keep right on at it, until 1) ki says it's cheating, or 2) customizable pvp becomes available and i no longer have to worry about having my posterior handed to me by a level 5 with critical and, thanks to full warlord or overpowered crowns gear, better stats than my level 90 wizard.

i am not a judgement spammer. but i have killed with judge, and been killed by it; i've won from first, and from second. all of the avalon spells were designed to give the second person even footing in pvp, so it's the op's fault if s/he is not using the resources available.

-

to the op:

i recently tried high-level pvp for the first time. my balance wizard was on a team with 2 friends (storm and ice) when our primary damage-dealer insane-bolted himself. but was it the end of him? no, because we had a backup plan in place.

yes, pvp is largely about chance, but it becomes less so when you go in with a game-plan and have good teammates who know what they're doing.

-sergeant von.
Right. Kingsisle recently made an update that is available at the test realm. They gave the people that go second a slim advantage of gaining an extra pip. Its not a game changer, but it sure is better than nothing.

But as someone said on another post, why not alternate after 30 rounds. The player that went first will now go second, but will return forst after another 30 rounds.

Could that be the solution??