Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going second every battle against higher levels?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
I am a level 12 Warlord and I got to Warlord because it was fair matches now I get level 40s that always go first I've went second 10 times in a row and my record going second was 2 won 8 lost and my overall record use to be 57 won 10 lost before going second 10 consecutive times in a row against level 40s and level I've actually gone second against a level 54 at level 12 warlord (1087) which is really unfair.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Jberlin88 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
I am a level 12 Warlord and I got to Warlord because it was fair matches now I get level 40s that always go first I've went second 10 times in a row and my record going second was 2 won 8 lost and my overall record use to be 57 won 10 lost before going second 10 consecutive times in a row against level 40s and level I've actually gone second against a level 54 at level 12 warlord (1087) which is really unfair.
Level 10-12 PvP up until Warlord is good and even (with a couple Adepts) but eventually it gets to the point, as you can see where you can't handle the level 40s that come into the arena to pound you. Just level up to level 30, figure out your strategy then keep PvPing. Then once you're to high rank for that, Level up to level 50 and PvP at that level.

Hope I helped somewhat,
Wolf Legend

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Despite the extra pip, going second is, quite simply, a huge disadvantage. I was disgusted when I found myself facing a master (40+) death wizard in ranked PVP. I was honestly level 5 at the time. What really sickened me, though, was that i was going second.
-I hardly have enough cards in my deck to kill him. I can't train reshuffle. I don't have room to put it in my sideboard. Had he heal spammed, he would have been impossible to kill.
-I was going second. Feint, skeletal pirate, win. I'm just lucky that this wasn't his strategy. The one shield I hadn't trained on this wizard was death shield.
Somehow, I won the match. I was mindlessly spamming fire elves, not really caring about what happened there. I should just be glad I brought monstrous.
I think, though, that if a wizard is 30+ levels higher than another in pvp, this wizard should go second.