Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going First Advantage

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
In 3v3 and 4v4 the advantage of going first has become RIDONCULOUS. Seriously, it seems to me that 90% of the matches I was in were won by the team going first.

Do you have any ideas how this could be adjusted?

1. Maybe the team going first has a damage reduction of 20% for the duration of the match... or the team going second gets a 20% damage increase.

2. Or maybe the team going first could have a 25% accuracy debuff, so they fizzle more.

3. Or the team going second gets an automatic Guardian Spirit.

how else might it work?

All I can say is that in the recent free tourneys, it became super clear to me that the odds of winning are WAY more for the team that goes first.

What about this idea: Triple rewards for teams that win from second?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
ChicoValerian on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
In 3v3 and 4v4 the advantage of going first has become RIDONCULOUS. Seriously, it seems to me that 90% of the matches I was in were won by the team going first.

1. Maybe the team going first has a damage reduction of 20% for the duration of the match... or the team going second gets a 20% damage increase.

2. Or maybe the team going first could have a 25% accuracy debuff, so they fizzle more.

how else might it work?

All I can say is that in the recent free tourneys, it became super clear to me that the odds of winning are WAY more for the team that goes first.

How about first round no attacks are allowed? Only buff or shield spells.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
The coin toss that's made at the beginning of the match to decide which side goes first, should be applied to every subsequent turn. I start the match going first, but the second turn you might go first. I might go first several turns in a row. But the advantage of going first never stays with the side that went first.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2011
I'd recommend a 15% increase in all stats for the second team. 20 or 25 percent is too much.
Also, the second team gets a guaranteed shadow pip. To also make this fair, no one is allowed to attack at the first round.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
ChicoValerian on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:

how else might it work?

I don't care for rank pvp or tournament (possible to win) chance it either way (thing unbuff goes first unfair for players goes second would have a advantage!

only I would chance about pvp (is add new stage for rank pvp) cost: ravenwood token (set own rules of own disadvantage & advantage) also add school to it for school to block school from entering match don't want face with and don't feel like play willy nilly games that will help block death wizard from entering the match so, don't worry dueling those bad juju spammer!

stage I would make:
-------------------
ravenwood combat battle standard

how this pvp work rules are:

how school get own combat battle stand flag (behind duel spot) combat order forbidden (flag instead)
everyone have guardian spirit also killable (win this pvp destroy flag) to win (only way to win how much damage do on guardian spirit but be remove & back on every round) once remove does damage to your flag under how much damage do on guardian spirit (every school 100% flag) decrease under how much damage guardian spirit does to your flag 0% (defeated) flag destroy (repair it) use it again

repair mean: think broken or destroy (repair it use it again) "not fix" it will be useless to use again (won't be useless) repair it!