Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting a Better Strategy

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
Does anyone have a good strategy for a fire and balance, or a fire and death?
Just wondering, cause I just keep getting my ranking down. Or could someone meet me somewhere in the game and help me rank?
By the way, the fire is only level 43, and the balance is nearing grandmaster.
Look for me online!

Elizabeth Dawngem, level 43 pyromancer
Flint Legendsong, level 49 sorcerer
Dakota Nightgrove, level 50 neromancer

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
If my cards play out right, this is my exact strategy.
I shield/tower myself.
Blade Myself.
Trap my Opponent.
Use Infection.
Use Power Play.
Wait for maximum pips then I use Judgement.
Of course, this strategy is slow but its affective also. A smart opponent would try to kill you before you get a full set of pips, this can be prevented with shields and towers.
Hope this helps! This method has proved affective for me!
~Molly

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Balance tower shields and weaknesses..

Fire lots of shields and weaknesses really hurt there over time damage.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
In theory, you could win with fire by decking nothing but fire blades, elemental blades, fire elves, helephants, rings of fire, and a smackload of shields. On my fire grand I don't deck traps because shields will just outdo it. Fire elves do pretty good damage for 2 pips, but its shield-ripping for round after round is what makes it best. I personally like spamming random shields, triple-fireblading, maybe throw in a couple elemental blades along the way, and then doing a fire elf followed by double-hele. Once in a while they'll get lucky and be rewarded for bad play by putting up a fire shield when elf is active, but if they're that stupid, you're bound to beat them anyway.

You could deck some steals if you notice they're using some spells, specifically from items (cough balanceblade), that may help you. Essentially, just stack your damage without consideration for traps. Max out damage you can directly control. Essentially you'll win a "scorched earth" contest.

Balance is a given. The only thing is that you don't necessarily have to wait until 14 pips to unleash judgment. If you have 4-5 power pips with blades up and notice they haven't tower shielded, go ahead and fire away. Just beat them in a flinching match.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Haha, I've been helping so many people that now I sign on and my game time just gets busy with arena tutorials XD

Anyway, there are a few general tips I can give that you should follow:

1: Train tower shield. This is the most important shield in the game and is the only one that can defend against certain balance spells like Judgment. And it cuts all incoming damage by half, along the way of training to tower you will get volcano shield which would probably be the second most important shield in the arena because storm and fire are the two most aggressive schools.
Since your grand deck can hold four of each out of school spell and about 7 of your schools spell, I suggest you max out with four towers and for volcano shields. Always keep these in your deck.

2: Train to weakness. Weakness is another great way to soften any incoming damage towards you while you collect pips for your big hit spells.
Note that if you are going second, weakness is a much better option over shields when facing myth students. This is because weakness will affect both parts of their minotaur and orthrus spells while you would have to double shield for those hits from myth.

3: Now this I cannot stress enough: Trust the design of your school! Fire is designed for damage over time which is why about half of all of their spells is based on damage over time. Carry spells like Link, scourge and heck hound. Use these as ways to eat up your opponents shields and to keep up the small to somewhat large bites of damage on your opponent. They can seriously add up, especially with heck hound.

Anyway, if you want to train, you can meet me in arena at random times throughout the day. I usually enter the last realm on the 5 pages because it is usually the most empty one. So whatever is on the last page will be the one I jump into:

Corwin Dawnblood Myth Warlord 1231 points.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
ok i got a few things

fire-idk exactly

balance- if you have ice as your secondary, then put it a lot of tower shields, and use weakness. But dont just put it out on the first turn, wait till your opponent gets a few traps and blades in, and use either black mantle or weakness.

death- i know how to take out traps, use sacrifice on yourself to get rid of balance traps. I am balance so it is VERY annoying when a death does that. I dont know the name of the spell, but some death guy used a spell that makes you look at what your opponent is doing

I hope these help

blaze nightshield-lvl 43 fire
ethan goldsword-lvl 36 balance
blaze frostshield-lvl 5 ice

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
I got one for your fire.
Summon fire minion.
Keep on letting your minion attack while you heal with sprite(if you cant use sprite, you fire elf too).
After a lot of fire elfing, recover your health and helephant(fire dragon when you get it)
And make sure you always have your minion out.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
WaterGirl101 wrote:
If my cards play out right, this is my exact strategy.
I shield/tower myself.
Blade Myself.
Trap my Opponent.
Use Infection.
Use Power Play.
Wait for maximum pips then I use Judgement.
Of course, this strategy is slow but its affective also. A smart opponent would try to kill you before you get a full set of pips, this can be prevented with shields and towers.
Hope this helps! This method has proved affective for me!
~Molly

I think I might try that strategy