Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gargantuan and other enchants are a problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Ok so most people know the deals of the schools in the elements, storm has good attacks and low health, fire has so-so attack and ok health, ice has MASSIVE health, resist to everything, and yet low low attack, here's where the problem starts, in a pvp an ice wizard had both blade for a snow angel, no critical either, now that is ok, but on the first hit, when it should have done like 300 or something, it did i think, 500 ( i think it was close to that, could have been more), NOT FAIR!!!, i think it did allot more on the rounder. i'm not protesting or hating ice, i'm disliking the use of enchants in pvp, strong, monterous, and YES Gargantuan!, I have seen that this is twisting up the idea of fair in pvp, ranked or practice....... I think it would be very unfair for a wizard to face another wizard with garg or any other enchant, when he or she doesnt!, in other words ice can be turned to max health max resist and power of storm, and a strom wizard can be extreamly mega powerful,once again i'm not hating on ice(or storm), i'm only trying to make pvp fair for everybody and no more problems. so this is the thing, enchants should be removed from pvp, and not from normal boss battles or wizard street battles, but in pvp its messing everything up,well to my eyes. so what should happen, should enchants be banned from pvp or should they not. Please comment,: John RubySpear, lvl 60, Fire Pvp Captain,,,, everything should be fair!!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
@Biltong

Well, I must disagree with you and here is why!

Once upon a time, there was a young wizard, his name was Merlin, he was quite the wizard growing up. He had unique and amazing spells and was quite powerful. As he grew up and learned new things, he became more amazing with better spells and even more powerful, until one day, he became the most Powerful Wizard of all time!

Now, do you honestly think, that a level 5 should be able to cast the same spell with as much damage as a level 55 or 60? Sorry, but the introduction of enchanted cards is an excellent idea to incorperate the ability to gain power in time and levels!

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
I have to disagree.

If monstrous, giant, garg etc. were taken out of the game then low level pvpers would never stand a chance against critical players. I know this very well. You know you can use them yourself too. I suggest going to unicorn way and use a small deck to enchant the attacks you want and save them for your battles.

In my opinion critical is what makes the game unbalanced. For very obvious reasons.

Evan Unicornpants

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Just to tell you, thats the point of training those. What would be the point of training them if you couldnt use them. Its not cheating so stop clomplaining and train them yourself. :?

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I agree. Not because I have a problem with treasure cards in pvp or anything, and not because I think it is making things unfair, because I think that treasure cards are supposed to be a backup when you are having trouble defeating someone. Treasure cards are more powerful than regular cards, and really should only be used in pve, in strenuous circumstances.

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
"Shine On..."

P.S. PVP is AWESOME!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Think of it this way. When someone puts in spells like Gargantuan and monstrous into their deck. They are also losing room for other spells that can serve of a different kind of usefulness. They might take out an infection or a bubble to put in the enchant. Or they might remove a minion, or a shield of some kind.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
I have no problem with the enchant cards there super cheap to get and can easily be trained in and at the same time any player can get them if that what you choose to set your character around then so be it. even if only used as a TC for +250dmg its only 500 gold a pop.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Wait what? You did this because enchants are a problem? I bet you used this stuff before so stop complaining about it. Criticals I can understand I use them but i dont get all sorts of stuff to get like 200 critical rate (example probably a big one) mine is 140 but i rarely get critical I only get it when I come close to losing a duel which just annoys me that it only comes then. But these are the points of becoming strong you can beat someone with critical gear or enchants or polymorph despite the fact you dont have it. I know one day you'll get that stuff and act like its an outrage when people make posts complaining about it so just stop complaining.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 57
Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
well wizard if your a grand or a legend you had the choice to choose an astral school while gaining the training points if you used it on polymorph its on you, especially that polymorph is not that good in pvp (i am assuming you trained polymorph wizards love it) if you have a similar level char use him to train sun spells