Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FIX WILD BOLT or I'm done with wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
96
Bloodferret wrote:
Th problem is you have to find your shields. If the person with wildbolt goes first and you dont have a storm shield in hand your toast alot more than 10 % of the time. Also, you can get rid of shields easily by taking a storm wand. I'm sorry, but wild bolt is BROKE. Actually the whole treasure card system is BROKE. They should have level restrictions, but thats another rant.


your so right dude like the shields do anything in the first place plus someone said how do you expect your lvl 5 or 8 wizard to stand up to a high lvl spell its not high lvl it is 2 ok 2 pips and does a thousand 1000! KI dont ya think that a little much?


Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
18
Blood Ferret you are right, wild bolt is way too strong and becomes a nightmare in player vs player. something needs to be done about this, wild bolt hits 1000 and has 10% (as a regular card that is) unfortunately treasure cards are a lot more accurate. wild bolt (10%) + keen eyes = 20%; + accurate = 25%; + sniper = 30% (not even including accuracy boosts from spells (from balance and storm) and armor accuracy boosts) so lets assume its a wild bolt with a sniper. so 30% + accuracy boost from balance + accuracy boost from storm = 50%! now lets add the accuracy from armor. you total will range anywhere from 50%-75% now how is this for accurate. how would this be a fair spell at only a cost of two pips for a whopping attack of one thousand (not including blades traps and armor boosts). KI, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! i even have a few suggestions that may help.

1.) raise the pip cost (to 3-4); it would make player vs player a lot better. with the fact that at two pips players can cast an endless brigade of bolts.

2.)lower the damage (to 700-800); it would let the spell still be powerful but not outrageously powerful.

3.)(this applies to all schools) school only cards (such as wild bolt, beguile, unicorn, etc) should be just that or else what is the point of limiting those spells to only those schools.

i hope that any of these things may serve of some use to any future update. pleas consider these ideas, this way you don't have to remove any card and wild bolt gets to keep a fair amount of damage. i am sure it will help to fix this growing issue with wild bolt in the arena. :-)

well i hope that this problem is fixed soon, thank you to anyone who took the time to read my reply

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
jeff1568 wrote:
the biggest problem with wild bolt is this anyone can use it in pvp ranked. That should never happen. Now, they give storm less life for a reason, but
that over comes the low life in a pvp ranked match

So you can not win as a storm wizard.

School only cards should be just that


Also, it might make better games if they take friends teams out and made them quick join because a team that play with everyone they know has an advantage over a random team of wizards.

or

friends team vs friends team (meaning not play random teams)


I agree. I play a storm wizard and due to lower health don't usually risk this for fear of not being shielded. It's when higher health defensive classes use it then the issue is highlighted as being broken.

There is a cost for high attack and that's low health. When people can spam this and 1 out of four it's probably going to hit then the concept needs to be adjusted.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
148
Yeah that frustrates me as well.

Side note: PvP system needs to be fixed. Yesterday I fought the same person SIX times in a row! I mean really? Come on!

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
144
megaflare wrote:
Blood Ferret you are right, wild bolt is way too strong and becomes a nightmare in player vs player. something needs to be done about this, wild bolt hits 1000 and has 10% (as a regular card that is) unfortunately treasure cards are a lot more accurate. wild bolt (10%) + keen eyes = 20%; + accurate = 25%; + sniper = 30% (not even including accuracy boosts from spells (from balance and storm) and armor accuracy boosts) so lets assume its a wild bolt with a sniper. so 30% + accuracy boost from balance + accuracy boost from storm = 50%! now lets add the accuracy from armor. you total will range anywhere from 50%-75% now how is this for accurate. how would this be a fair spell at only a cost of two pips for a whopping attack of one thousand (not including blades traps and armor boosts). KI, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! i even have a few suggestions that may help.

1.) raise the pip cost (to 3-4); it would make player vs player a lot better. with the fact that at two pips players can cast an endless brigade of bolts.

2.)lower the damage (to 700-800); it would let the spell still be powerful but not outrageously powerful.

3.)(this applies to all schools) school only cards (such as wild bolt, beguile, unicorn, etc) should be just that or else what is the point of limiting those spells to only those schools.

i hope that any of these things may serve of some use to any future update. pleas consider these ideas, this way you don't have to remove any card and wild bolt gets to keep a fair amount of damage. i am sure it will help to fix this growing issue with wild bolt in the arena. :-)

well i hope that this problem is fixed soon, thank you to anyone who took the time to read my reply





So your saying the spell wild bolt should be: 10% accuracy 700-800 damage for 4 pips?! Now thats not even worth the use. Might as well use kraken a couple times and you'll be doing a lot more damage then using your "version" of wild bolt. I agree something does need to be done about wild bolt but i think you guys are Overreacting about shutting off your account. Maybe just do what many people have suggested. Restrict School-Only cards to their school!



Joseph Liferider Life Grandmaster Private
Joseph Sandrdier Balance Magus Warlord
Joseph Nightrider Death adept :? :? :? :? :? :?

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
5
sometimes i hate wild bolt
the storm wizards only need like 2 pips to cast and spells like that in other schools cost like 7 or 8 pips even higher i just dont like it i just wish the game sometimes wasnt very unfair :(

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
It really comes down to the perception of the players. Before the stun shield changes were put in place everyone saw chain stunning as a broken effect and the system was changed for the better of the entire player base.

The same thing is happening here with Wild Bolt. In PvP play it is perceived as too unbalancing while in PvE play against the monsters it may be a viable card to use. Change need to be made to correct the unbalance perceived many of the PvP players. Hopefully without negativly affecting the non-PvP players.

Thanks for listening all :)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
15
I have problems with wild bolt too, but people who complain about judgement dont know what they are talking about. I beat a Knight Balance GrandMaster in a duel, so its proven that you can beat a baalnce grandmaster, but anyways wild bolt is out of control, i know the accuaracy is low but it just always seems to hit me, all the time, no joke.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
10
hey dude dont get sad the ppl useing it are just teasure card noobs besides try a like smoke screen

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
2
I dont even know what the bolt is can someone tell me plz?

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
111
i will just make my complaint simple but its not a serious complaint as i will make a storm wizard later and start laughing..

i was fighting in pvp as my balance level 28 character.. just got judgement

i vs 1 player hes storm he cast blades and some traps and shields i am balance so he has nothing against me.. but i constantly cast shields and shields.. i blade myself and hex him.. i was going to elemental blade myself and trap him to cast kraken then judgement because i had 4 normal pips and 3 power pips.

but no he cast wild bolt.. shield gone.. does 600 damage, next turn wild bolt again does 500 damage. out of shields does wild bolt again no fizzling and hit me for 985 damage.. i myself am a crown buyer and subscriber i have almost 1,900 health and figured i survive but no i didn't

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
45
So you guys think this is something to complain about? Well get this: I played six duels and I went second EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm not even kidding either. There's a huge disadvantage in going second, and after that night, I just wanted to delete my account and forget about W101. And I still think it's ridiculous that I went second every time that day. Oh, and by the way, I lost every one of them. So after that day i was sitting at a captain rank when I was a commander getting close to warlord. And now I'm going to speak about the wild bolt spell.

Me, being a storm wizard, has the wild bolt spell and yes I use it. And to tell you the truth, I don't like it all that much. I can only get it to hit once every five or six tries, and I have a plus 17% boost in storm with the added 10% from keen eyes. And if your going second(like I stated before) it's not even worth using. Especially on balance wizards. And besides, if your using storm shields then that ruins wild bolt because you got to get rid of the shield then try it again. And if your going second then the player who's going first can use another shield. And let me add one more thing, wild bolt only works that well when you keep trying over and over again, and you can't do that when they're constantly shielding because they gotta rid your shields. And the reason wild bolt doesn't work on balance wizards when your going second is because by the time you get rid of all their shields and you get to start spamming it again, they're gonna have judgment ready for you and you have no shields because you were sitting there getting rid of shields and trying wild bolt. And that goes for all other schools of wizards, not just balance. Any more questions, comments, or complaints?

Justin Stormstone,
Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
18
Proman1355 wrote:
megaflare wrote:
Blood Ferret you are right, wild bolt is way too strong and becomes a nightmare in player vs player. something needs to be done about this, wild bolt hits 1000 and has 10% (as a regular card that is) unfortunately treasure cards are a lot more accurate. wild bolt (10%) + keen eyes = 20%; + accurate = 25%; + sniper = 30% (not even including accuracy boosts from spells (from balance and storm) and armor accuracy boosts) so lets assume its a wild bolt with a sniper. so 30% + accuracy boost from balance + accuracy boost from storm = 50%! now lets add the accuracy from armor. you total will range anywhere from 50%-75% now how is this for accurate. how would this be a fair spell at only a cost of two pips for a whopping attack of one thousand (not including blades traps and armor boosts). KI, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! i even have a few suggestions that may help.

1.) raise the pip cost (to 3-4); it would make player vs player a lot better. with the fact that at two pips players can cast an endless brigade of bolts.

2.)lower the damage (to 700-800); it would let the spell still be powerful but not outrageously powerful.

3.)(this applies to all schools) school only cards (such as wild bolt, beguile, unicorn, etc) should be just that or else what is the point of limiting those spells to only those schools.

i hope that any of these things may serve of some use to any future update. pleas consider these ideas, this way you don't have to remove any card and wild bolt gets to keep a fair amount of damage. i am sure it will help to fix this growing issue with wild bolt in the arena. :-)

well i hope that this problem is fixed soon, thank you to anyone who took the time to read my reply





So your saying the spell wild bolt should be: 10% accuracy 700-800 damage for 4 pips?! Now thats not even worth the use. Might as well use kraken a couple times and you'll be doing a lot more damage then using your "version" of wild bolt. I agree something does need to be done about wild bolt but i think you guys are Overreacting about shutting off your account. Maybe just do what many people have suggested. Restrict School-Only cards to their school!



Joseph Liferider Life Grandmaster Private
Joseph Sandrdier Balance Magus Warlord
Joseph Nightrider Death adept :? :? :? :? :? :?


i'm not saying that all of them have to be used together, i was simply suggesting that one (only one) of those ideas could be put to good use for helping with this problem, so i would appreciate if you thought things over before over exaggerating.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
9
SUPERCAMPER wrote:
look wild bolt is not broke.... if you make a storm wizard you will like it and it will do good but the PROBLEM is this......
ice wizards spamming wild bolts until they can ice giant? and with PVP gear they have about 24%? and the treasure cards MADE FOR THEM WITH KEEN EYES OR ACCURATE AND SNIPER AND SO ON easily hit a nice easy 44%..... which they make MANY of.... easy shots you ask me so uh restrict the use of battle-made treasure cards :( they are RUNINING PVP.
storm uses wild bolt but thy have low like and are easily killed or one shotted.....but an ice wizard? I mean come on....


Its not just ice wizards that do this, fire can do the same thing with fire dragon, and then possibly myth with orthrus and so on. But bolt can change the tide of battle just with one blow. Most people who bolt usually always have storm wands to get rid of all the storm shields you put on, no matter how many you have on. So really there isnt that much to fix about it, i just hope they do something about it

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
Proman1355 wrote:

So your saying the spell wild bolt should be: 10% accuracy 700-800 damage for 4 pips?! Now thats not even worth the use. Might as well use kraken a couple times and you'll be doing a lot more damage then using your "version" of wild bolt. I agree something does need to be done about wild bolt but i think you guys are Overreacting about shutting off your account. Maybe just do what many people have suggested. Restrict School-Only cards to their school!


I would support restricting school-only spells to own schools, and maybe a level restriction on spells too.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
non8er wrote:

Dude chill you are critisizing every level 48 spell pretty much and no one likes being stunned so get over it at least you cant chain stun anymore and yes you can block judgement get a tower shield


Sure, you can still chain stun. Storm Lord every round.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
2
ShockerTheMenace wrote:
STOP COMPLAINING you guys are ruining the game with your Complaining. First off wild bolt is easy to shield from Its called ASBORB TOWER SHIELD AND STORM SHIELD AND THEY OTHER SHIELDS and the other shields that can protect you with both storm or ice or both fire and storm.

Judgement is a little harder to shield.
USE ABSORBS AND TOWER SHIELDS THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.

So stop complaining before you ruin the game for everyone else.


Why are you complaining? Let the man complain it's his right as a user. Wild Bolt is broken. So yes it should be a storm only spell. Why? Because storm wizards have the most handi caps in game. While you devs are making it school only, increase the accuracy. Want to know something else, beguile should not be a spell period. There should be a balance shield, so many games I have lost to judgement. Tower shield is useless as it can be used by any school wand, so balance should have a shield just for their over powered selves. Stuns are pointless to cry about because of stun block, I use Storm Lord becuase it's stronger than tempest at a lesser pip cost, not because it stuns. Conclusion should be Wild Bolt is Storm Only, or treasure cards are not allowed in arena, yes this messes up a lot of underhanded players, but hey, learn to play with what your school gives you to succeed or don't pvp.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
27
:
Bloodferret wrote:
The topic says it all. I'm tired of working hard to get rank just to lose it all to someone who just sits there and uses wild bolt. I have a grandmaster 2 masters and a magus. The fights take so long at the higher levels, so i decided to try some low level fights. I made a fire wizard and got him t level 5. I was doing good in pvp and got all the way to captain, almost to cammander. Then I ran in to wild bolt! I fought the same guy 4 times in a row and he only fizzled once!! I thought it was supposed to be a 10% chance. One fizzle in four fights is NOT 10%. The guy was so annoying too. The second fight when he saw it was me again he said "YAY FREE POINTS". Its frustrating when they say things like that and you know they are right. I would love the chance to fight that same person with no wild bolt and see how smug he is. After those 4 fights i was knocked back down to knight.
All the other spells can be countered with shields or weakness. Most people who use wildbolt use the treasure card vesion. This way it has better accuracy and they can get it when they want. They have more wildbolts in there deck then you have shields and they dont have to wait to find it in their deck. There is NO way to counter that.
With all of that said I am not sinking any more money in this game if they are going to keep rewarding people like that. If KI can't come up with a fair pvp system then I will shut off both my account and my sons.
OK, you people need to stop whining over this! First, you say Balance "unbalanced", and now you are trying to take away the storm school's adantage of high power over accuracy. If you dont like it, then keep it to yourself! Robert Windbreeze Level 50 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
2
jeff1568 wrote:
the biggest problem with wild bolt is this anyone can use it in pvp ranked. That should never happen. Now, they give storm less life for a reason, but
that over comes the low life in a pvp ranked match

So you can not win as a storm wizard.

School only cards should be just that


Also, it might make better games if they take friends teams out and made them quick join because a team that play with everyone they know has an advantage over a random team of wizards.

or

friends team vs friends team (meaning not play random teams)


You are wrong, so wrong, there is NO reason for a Grand Master Storm wizard to have such low health. The damage of spells is balanced by it's accuracy not the survivability of the wizard. So many times I come close to canceling my subscription because of the vast health diffrence. You want to balance a game, make the health gear based. Ice wizards do minor damage. So what? They have major all school defense, good accuracy, extra shields, and a lot of stuns. Why do they need a lot of health? There isn't a reason because of there other bonuses. Why do fire wizards need a lot of health? They don't they do as much and sometimes more damage than storm (if played correctly). Why does death wizard need more health then storm? They don't, they have more traps, beguile, good accuracy and their attacks heal them. Life? No reason. They have added shields, the best accuracy, the best heals and do respectable damage in arena. Balance should have the least health if any school, they have the best charms, traps and wards and definitely the best single target spell in game, I mean per pip spells are awesome damage and judgement does more than tempest (maximum per pip damage without bonuses and just power pips 1400(stronger and more accurate than Wild Bolt and even tempest)) In arena, PvE game mechanics should not matter. But they do, reason why the arena is so frustrating now. Storm wizards taunt enemies to make them attack them in PVE (or are supposed to) which is why they have the most health and defenses, not because they have low attack power.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
sk8gundy wrote:

...
Sure, you can still chain stun. Storm Lord every round.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer


For a max of 2 rounds and the second one will only remove the stun shield the first one put up.

Defender
May 29, 2009
196

You can't gather enough pips to storm lord every round (or even every other round). But back the original topic, you can gather enough pips to wild bolt every round.

I would support a modification for school only spells in the arena or a level limit as well. A level 10 myth wizard casting orthrus (or any other school and level 42/48 spell) or something is ridiculous. The opponent level 10-15 wizard just doesn't have enough health or shields to deal with damage like that. People are using this higher level spells as a quick way to risk through the ranks and gain tickets. There really isn't a whole lot of dueling strategy at work here which is a shame since that's one of the interesting parts of the arena.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
4
I totally agree with Bloodferret. I always get hit with wild bolt when it's cast by the other team 2 out of 3 times it works for them. And as i was reading i noticed a lot of people saying to shield yourself, well first of all theres no point because in one shot they take them out and then if there are no more shields in your hand well what are you going to do? Besides just shielding youself isn't going to attack the other guy so if they fizzle on him he can just keep on casting it while your freaking out about wether or not his next one is gonna fizzle on you. I stopped leveling up in quests for about two months and pvped EVERYday for those months and i never went up in my rank once! If you get lucky and get someone that doesn't bolt chances are that after that match you would get to matches with someone that bolted again. That's what happened to me. My mom put money in my acount and bought crowns for me but after all this i told her i never wanted to go on again, as she told me, wait until the year is over if you really want to get rid of it, if this continues i think i should do just that.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
56
BlindingShade wrote:
It really comes down to the perception of the players. Before the stun shield changes were put in place everyone saw chain stunning as a broken effect and the system was changed for the better of the entire player base.

The same thing is happening here with Wild Bolt. In PvP play it is perceived as too unbalancing while in PvE play against the monsters it may be a viable card to use. Change need to be made to correct the unbalance perceived many of the PvP players. Hopefully without negativly affecting the non-PvP players.

Thanks for listening all :)


I totally disagree on this that wild bolt matters in PvE. It doesnt, so is beguile. I would rather stock up on cards that I know will hit than put wild bolts. I know so because I have storm grandmaster and i only use wild once in PvE. I also have a Death grandmaster and never ever used beguile, PvE or PVP. Unlike the stun, changing the bolt and beguile for that matter will have a minimal impact to PvE if there is any.

Morgrim LotusShield - Storm Grand (Warlord)
Morgrim LotusBlade - Balance Grand (Commander)
Morgrim LotusWrath - Death Grand (Warlord)
Morgrim LotusLeaf - Life Grand (Warlord)
Morgrim LotusHorn - Myth lvl 48 (Warlord)
Morgrim LotusFire - Fire Adept (Captain)


Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
1
Bloodferret wrote:
The topic says it all. I'm tired of working hard to get rank just to lose it all to someone who just sits there and uses wild bolt. I have a grandmaster 2 masters and a magus. The fights take so long at the higher levels, so i decided to try some low level fights. I made a fire wizard and got him t level 5. I was doing good in pvp and got all the way to captain, almost to cammander. Then I ran in to wild bolt! I fought the same guy 4 times in a row and he only fizzled once!! I thought it was supposed to be a 10% chance. One fizzle in four fights is NOT 10%. The guy was so annoying too. The second fight when he saw it was me again he said "YAY FREE POINTS". Its frustrating when they say things like that and you know they are right. I would love the chance to fight that same person with no wild bolt and see how smug he is. After those 4 fights i was knocked back down to knight.
All the other spells can be countered with shields or weakness. Most people who use wildbolt use the treasure card vesion. This way it has better accuracy and they can get it when they want. They have more wildbolts in there deck then you have shields and they dont have to wait to find it in their deck. There is NO way to counter that.
With all of that said I am not sinking any more money in this game if they are going to keep rewarding people like that. If KI can't come up with a fair pvp system then I will shut off both my account and my sons.
thats not smart because i have a grandmaster fire and a grandmaster balance,and a master storm, every school has its good points have you thought about when they use wild bolt they know that there is a 90% chance they can fizzle?they are giving away a valuable turn to actually gamble on a spell that rarely hits but in your case the player just had good luck.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
36
Look wild bolt isnt that hard to beat. You use some shields and then crush him with a fire dragon or something. Oh and people who never fizzle HAVE ACCURACY +.












Justin ThunderSword lvl 49 Pyromancer (knight in PvP)
and other 5 players