Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire/Myth set shields?Unstoppable scions?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
So I just found out that using set shields vs myth or fire is basically kinda useless vs other schools, which gives them the ability to have a 0 counter for an open wide scion. This is because, on the ice and storm set shields the fire shield is tend to be the last shield, which also applies to myth, so by using pierce you could essentially get rid of those shields for 0 pips.

This means, unless your carrying cleanse wards like crazy or aegis protections in your main deck there is nothing that is going to stop a myth or fire from setting up for a free win scion one shot, heck id even take that back you won't even survive an FFA or Witch house call to the face if they do that especially with an infallible pet.

The only fix to this is going to have to switch off how the ice or storm set shields works vs fire, the same goes for myth. This would essentially prevent them from just piercing the set shields for free like other schools.

Again might not be as effective but it just goes to show how little things like this can actually be a game breaker.

Defender
May 11, 2013
angellifeheart on Jul 21, 2020 wrote:
So I just found out that using set shields vs myth or fire is basically kinda useless vs other schools, which gives them the ability to have a 0 counter for an open wide scion. This is because, on the ice and storm set shields the fire shield is tend to be the last shield, which also applies to myth, so by using pierce you could essentially get rid of those shields for 0 pips.

This means, unless your carrying cleanse wards like crazy or aegis protections in your main deck there is nothing that is going to stop a myth or fire from setting up for a free win scion one shot, heck id even take that back you won't even survive an FFA or Witch house call to the face if they do that especially with an infallible pet.

The only fix to this is going to have to switch off how the ice or storm set shields works vs fire, the same goes for myth. This would essentially prevent them from just piercing the set shields for free like other schools.

Again might not be as effective but it just goes to show how little things like this can actually be a game breaker.
You said what the counter play is, so yes there is a counter play.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
RedDragon877 on Jul 22, 2020 wrote:
You said what the counter play is, so yes there is a counter play.
Technically speaking 5 aegis protection, wont stop or counter myth, giving the fact there is alternative ways to get around set shield using minions. Myth will be a dominant force in pvp and the only school right now i can see giving myth a hard time per say would be storm, with the broken insane bolt spammers. Set resist is also still a thing, but with good set up and a infallible pet i can see it working out.

Regardless, these life jades spam healers are now over crowding pvp because of the guardian shift back and I just want the devs to know thanks for fixing the issue.