Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Exalted Ice Heal

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 05, 2009
2
Ever since the Hades era, most ices have gone downfall in 1v1 PvP. Now, when you compare ice's Malistare gear to all the other schools, you could see an immense difference of the other schools having much more better stats. If there will not be an upgrade in stats for Ice, I believe we should get our own school heal. All the other schools have their own school heal already, giving them a huge advantage. Use a life mastery? The other schools can heal without using a life mastery or any other for healing. In fact, most players have the Morganthe amulet or the Divine Amulet increasing their stats substantially. It is not fair for Ice to use a life mastery just to heal while the other schools can have tremendous amulets and heal. In conclusion, a school heal for Ice would assist us in our 1v1 duels.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
29
KI probably's not going to give ice(or myth) they're own heal. Every's school supposed to be different, and they won't be if every school has a heal.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
288
I'd rather see ice get an updated absorption shield.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
149
Support. I get tired of having to use a life mastery all the time. (Storm got a heal and they are supposed to be offensive.)

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
13
Defender
Oct 10, 2010
103
Duncan HawkWraith on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
Ice is already op, just look on the leaderoard.
Duncan,

I expect that Blaze Ice is talking about Level 100, and they are certainly not overpowered at this level.
I would rank them at Mid Tier at best, and maybe at the Top of Mid just slightly ahead of Death.

Considering that Five of the Seven schools have their own heal now, I expect that Ice has to get one,
sooner or later.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
168
Duncan HawkWraith on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
Ice is already op, just look on the leaderoard.
Blaze ice is talking about exalted ice wizards. if you look at the leader board you will notice that most of the ice wizards on there are level 50 or low level not level 100. there are only 11 level 100 ice wizards one the leader boards the same amount of level one hundred storm wizards 11 last i counted. balance has 28 level one hundred wizards on the leader board if any school is over powered i think it is balance. level one hundred ice wizards are having a hard time in the arena without a heal because people are getting 40 or more pierce storm has 58 (i saw a storm wizard with over 70 armor pierce ) i think ice needs a heal about every school has one by now even storm which is the damage school.

see you in the spiral

Survivor
May 25, 2009
12
I do not support this. However I see your point that ice is a tanking school, you still want to heal, but you lose resist, block, armor pierce, jewel sockets, etc if you don't use morganthe amulets. I say they should make level 100 versions of mastery amulets that give the exact same stats the morganthe amulets give but with mastery use.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Seth Silvershard on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
KI probably's not going to give ice(or myth) they're own heal. Every's school supposed to be different, and they won't be if every school has a heal.
doesn't matter (did have heal all there heal be different) example: healing spell for ice: pick drain shield (turn shield to heath tower (attack me) get half heal back!

don't think won't be very fail all others school have heal (beside ice already have heal not as good) as power link & line (nobody care overtime heal) balance need new healing spell as well (any school dumb enough use snow drift)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Tatiana Winterhear... on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
I'd rather see ice get an updated absorption shield.
stun block shatter for myth/ice that be good (remove stun block) use stun block & incase run out of conviction!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Duncan HawkWraith on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
Ice is already op, just look on the leaderoard.
ice is overpower not because heath and resist (that how there school is played there tank) not all ice wizard don't use tank (some ice wizard I know) not as strong as others ice wizard much as storm/fire/balance unless they are aggressive ice wizard

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Fred Frost on Aug 23, 2015 wrote:
Blaze ice is talking about exalted ice wizards. if you look at the leader board you will notice that most of the ice wizards on there are level 50 or low level not level 100. there are only 11 level 100 ice wizards one the leader boards the same amount of level one hundred storm wizards 11 last i counted. balance has 28 level one hundred wizards on the leader board if any school is over powered i think it is balance. level one hundred ice wizards are having a hard time in the arena without a heal because people are getting 40 or more pierce storm has 58 (i saw a storm wizard with over 70 armor pierce ) i think ice needs a heal about every school has one by now even storm which is the damage school.

see you in the spiral
or make Defense shadow shrike with 100% Resist (Only use For Myth/Ice) wish they would make Immunity Warlord Gear 400-800 resist

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Fred Frost on Aug 23, 2015 wrote:
Blaze ice is talking about exalted ice wizards. if you look at the leader board you will notice that most of the ice wizards on there are level 50 or low level not level 100. there are only 11 level 100 ice wizards one the leader boards the same amount of level one hundred storm wizards 11 last i counted. balance has 28 level one hundred wizards on the leader board if any school is over powered i think it is balance. level one hundred ice wizards are having a hard time in the arena without a heal because people are getting 40 or more pierce storm has 58 (i saw a storm wizard with over 70 armor pierce ) i think ice needs a heal about every school has one by now even storm which is the damage school.

see you in the spiral
Ice actually has quite the number of Exalted presence on the Leaderboard, jumping at second place. Several Balance wizards are perfectly even in rank rating and win count with some other wizards, proving a number of 2v2 matches to be done. So many people have used the excuse of Ice not being on the Leaderboard for so long that they refuse to look at the facts. If you look at Ice on the Leaderboard, you will see several Exalted Ice wizards before you see any other Exalted school. So then why is Ice playing at the highest ranks if it's such a bad school? Why does it need a heal if it's already overpowered?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
I'm somewhat of a video game mmorpg purist. I was there when they started, and I have seen what works, and what does not. I think Life wizards should have possessed the only heal in the game at start, and kept it that way, but KI for several reasons did not. That being said, one thing that is often mentioned is the balance between the schools.(obviously they are not balanced), but that is not my point here. KI has allowed non-healing schools to have various forms of heals: Fire, Death, Balance, Storm, all have some type of school healing spell. To keep things balanced in this aspect, then most certainly Ice, and Myth needs to be added to this mix. So yes, in agreement with the poster of this thread, Ice most decidedly needs a heal, and so does Myth. I will leave the suggestions and details of this to everyone who responds to the thread. Happy Spiraling!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Intrepidatius on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
I'm somewhat of a video game mmorpg purist. I was there when they started, and I have seen what works, and what does not. I think Life wizards should have possessed the only heal in the game at start, and kept it that way, but KI for several reasons did not. That being said, one thing that is often mentioned is the balance between the schools.(obviously they are not balanced), but that is not my point here. KI has allowed non-healing schools to have various forms of heals: Fire, Death, Balance, Storm, all have some type of school healing spell. To keep things balanced in this aspect, then most certainly Ice, and Myth needs to be added to this mix. So yes, in agreement with the poster of this thread, Ice most decidedly needs a heal, and so does Myth. I will leave the suggestions and details of this to everyone who responds to the thread. Happy Spiraling!
I agree that the different schools are not "balanced" if you look at them as individual entities. But this is, at its heart, a MMORPG as you mentioned, and as such it is designed with teamwork in mind. The emphasis lies on the second M... multi-player. For many players, myself included, PvP is like Pet Derby. It's there but I don't use it. If the main thrust of this game was PvP I would never have even tried this game in the first place. I'm not a fan of the pretentious, boastful, name calling types that seem to be predominate in the PvP community. But, that being said, and trying to look at this from a PvP perspective I see where an Ice heal would be beneficial in PvP, especially 1v1. But I also think that to do that and maintain the type of "balance" that exists in the PvE aspect of the game there would need to be a complete and total disconnect between PvP and PvE.
Perhaps a special healing spell that is only available while in the PvP arena would work. Maybe even a special neutral-schooled healing spell that's available to ALL players (except Life, for obvious reasons) only when in the PvP arena.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
103
TucsonWizard on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
I agree that the different schools are not "balanced" if you look at them as individual entities. But this is, at its heart, a MMORPG as you mentioned, and as such it is designed with teamwork in mind. The emphasis lies on the second M... multi-player. For many players, myself included, PvP is like Pet Derby. It's there but I don't use it. If the main thrust of this game was PvP I would never have even tried this game in the first place. I'm not a fan of the pretentious, boastful, name calling types that seem to be predominate in the PvP community. But, that being said, and trying to look at this from a PvP perspective I see where an Ice heal would be beneficial in PvP, especially 1v1. But I also think that to do that and maintain the type of "balance" that exists in the PvE aspect of the game there would need to be a complete and total disconnect between PvP and PvE.
Perhaps a special healing spell that is only available while in the PvP arena would work. Maybe even a special neutral-schooled healing spell that's available to ALL players (except Life, for obvious reasons) only when in the PvP arena.
Actually this makes absolute sense to me. and I like the idea. We have plenty of PVP only items, and
we have plenty of Non-PvP items, including spells. Adding additional PVP only spells could add a new
dimension, and help separate PvP from PvE.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
TucsonWizard on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
I agree that the different schools are not "balanced" if you look at them as individual entities. But this is, at its heart, a MMORPG as you mentioned, and as such it is designed with teamwork in mind. The emphasis lies on the second M... multi-player. For many players, myself included, PvP is like Pet Derby. It's there but I don't use it. If the main thrust of this game was PvP I would never have even tried this game in the first place. I'm not a fan of the pretentious, boastful, name calling types that seem to be predominate in the PvP community. But, that being said, and trying to look at this from a PvP perspective I see where an Ice heal would be beneficial in PvP, especially 1v1. But I also think that to do that and maintain the type of "balance" that exists in the PvE aspect of the game there would need to be a complete and total disconnect between PvP and PvE.
Perhaps a special healing spell that is only available while in the PvP arena would work. Maybe even a special neutral-schooled healing spell that's available to ALL players (except Life, for obvious reasons) only when in the PvP arena.
PvP & PvE should be totally different entities regardless of this issue. The point I am trying to make here, is that to be fair and balanced, the two schools who are lacking a heal spell should be given one. The only other equitable solution would be to take away the other school heals as you suggested, and make a generic (utility) spell heal for them all, but I don't see that happening.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
103
PvP King on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
Ice actually has quite the number of Exalted presence on the Leaderboard, jumping at second place. Several Balance wizards are perfectly even in rank rating and win count with some other wizards, proving a number of 2v2 matches to be done. So many people have used the excuse of Ice not being on the Leaderboard for so long that they refuse to look at the facts. If you look at Ice on the Leaderboard, you will see several Exalted Ice wizards before you see any other Exalted school. So then why is Ice playing at the highest ranks if it's such a bad school? Why does it need a heal if it's already overpowered?
PvP,

The first question I would have is "Who stated that Ice is Over Powered, it's a Tier 2 school?

Ice does have quite the number of Exalted present on the Leader boards, but I have been
watching, and they have been constantly dropping in numbers.

I will counter your statement, right now if you look at the leader boards, you will see several other
Exalted Wizards well before you see an Exalted Ice.

The number one Exalted is a Life and along with Fire and Storm, those three appear to be on the fastest
vertical climb right now.
Ice has been losing ground ever since the release of the Darkmoor dungeon and the lost of their resist.

Currently, Exalted have these numbers on the boards.

Balance is still at top, at 29.
Ice is second and has dropped to 13.
Life has risen to 12.
Fire has risen to 10.
Storm has risen to 10.
Death is still close to what it was at 6.
Myth has dropped to just 1.

I expect that by the end of the year, you will see Ice fall behind Life, Fire and maybe even Storm.
I expect Ice to stay above Death and Myth, which would put it in Tier 2, along with Death.
Myth is clearly in Tier 3, no question on that, and I expect that Death may drop there as well.
I think that Storm is headed towards to top of Tier 2, the next few month will tell.

Projecting the new order, based on the change since Darkmoor and the new spells.

Life
Fire.
Balance.
Storm
Ice
Death.
Myth.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
IcicleWar on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
PvP,

The first question I would have is "Who stated that Ice is Over Powered, it's a Tier 2 school?

Ice does have quite the number of Exalted present on the Leader boards, but I have been
watching, and they have been constantly dropping in numbers.

I will counter your statement, right now if you look at the leader boards, you will see several other
Exalted Wizards well before you see an Exalted Ice.

The number one Exalted is a Life and along with Fire and Storm, those three appear to be on the fastest
vertical climb right now.
Ice has been losing ground ever since the release of the Darkmoor dungeon and the lost of their resist.

Currently, Exalted have these numbers on the boards.

Balance is still at top, at 29.
Ice is second and has dropped to 13.
Life has risen to 12.
Fire has risen to 10.
Storm has risen to 10.
Death is still close to what it was at 6.
Myth has dropped to just 1.

I expect that by the end of the year, you will see Ice fall behind Life, Fire and maybe even Storm.
I expect Ice to stay above Death and Myth, which would put it in Tier 2, along with Death.
Myth is clearly in Tier 3, no question on that, and I expect that Death may drop there as well.
I think that Storm is headed towards to top of Tier 2, the next few month will tell.

Projecting the new order, based on the change since Darkmoor and the new spells.

Life
Fire.
Balance.
Storm
Ice
Death.
Myth.
No, you are incorrect, Ice hasn't been having a lower presence on the Leaderboard. I checked my results from last week compared to today, and Ice has the same number of wizards on the Leaderboard, again, coming in second place. The only difference from last week today is that instead of seeing 4 Ice wizards before any other school, the top ranked Exalted wizard is of course, a Fire.

Through 1v1, here is how it goes:
Fire, Life, Fire, Fire, Balance, then Ice and Ice, and so on.

The numbers received today:
Balance - 29 (simply because of popularity, Balance isn't common in the higher ranks according to results)
Ice - 15 (common in the higher ranks)
Fire - 13 (very common in the higher ranks)
Life - 12 (extremely common in the higher ranks)
Storm - 10 (2v2 common in higher ranks; only 3 made it to lower side of boards through 1v1)
Death - 6 (4 of which did 2v2; only appear in lower ranks)
Myth - 1 (simply a bad school)

Ice has proven itself to be probably equal to Balance in Exalted PvP, as the popularity of Exalted Ice PvP is very low and many Ice wizards are in the higher ranks, completely opposite to Balance's results. In tier list, here is how I would position schools:
Life
Fire
Balance-Ice (Balance having higher potential of 3rd place)
Death
Storm
Myth

Ice doesn't need an in-school heal. Its blade stacking ability and high health suffice for that, and if Ice could heal, it would simply blade, heal continuously, then Shrike and massively damage its opponents. Like I said in other threads, before Ice gains an upgrade, all schools need to gain in defense and defensive utility.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
IcicleWar on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
PvP,

The first question I would have is "Who stated that Ice is Over Powered, it's a Tier 2 school?

Ice does have quite the number of Exalted present on the Leader boards, but I have been
watching, and they have been constantly dropping in numbers.

I will counter your statement, right now if you look at the leader boards, you will see several other
Exalted Wizards well before you see an Exalted Ice.

The number one Exalted is a Life and along with Fire and Storm, those three appear to be on the fastest
vertical climb right now.
Ice has been losing ground ever since the release of the Darkmoor dungeon and the lost of their resist.

Currently, Exalted have these numbers on the boards.

Balance is still at top, at 29.
Ice is second and has dropped to 13.
Life has risen to 12.
Fire has risen to 10.
Storm has risen to 10.
Death is still close to what it was at 6.
Myth has dropped to just 1.

I expect that by the end of the year, you will see Ice fall behind Life, Fire and maybe even Storm.
I expect Ice to stay above Death and Myth, which would put it in Tier 2, along with Death.
Myth is clearly in Tier 3, no question on that, and I expect that Death may drop there as well.
I think that Storm is headed towards to top of Tier 2, the next few month will tell.

Projecting the new order, based on the change since Darkmoor and the new spells.

Life
Fire.
Balance.
Storm
Ice
Death.
Myth.
Storm First School Started (first school started using immunity) pass Mirror Lake (couldn't get pass it) because heath was trouble for them couldn't get spam storm spider because was to hard for storm!

don't know who started it (I think was myth/death/ice mostly like icely) because angry at fire/storm mostly because one made at fire dragon (others wizard made about spell because remove there blade) mostly school complain about ice make better pvp players so, more use (2v2, 3v3, 4v4)

wouldn't have shadow magic (storm wizard wouldn't started complain about immunity) first school started immunity! complain about heath (life wizard started jade puppet) spam heal & heal so, don't have to attack (so, life started mass making long match in pvp so, others people doesn't want to give up!

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
103
PvP King on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
No, you are incorrect, Ice hasn't been having a lower presence on the Leaderboard. I checked my results from last week compared to today, and Ice has the same number of wizards on the Leaderboard, again, coming in second place. The only difference from last week today is that instead of seeing 4 Ice wizards before any other school, the top ranked Exalted wizard is of course, a Fire.

Through 1v1, here is how it goes:
Fire, Life, Fire, Fire, Balance, then Ice and Ice, and so on.

The numbers received today:
Balance - 29 (simply because of popularity, Balance isn't common in the higher ranks according to results)
Ice - 15 (common in the higher ranks)
Fire - 13 (very common in the higher ranks)
Life - 12 (extremely common in the higher ranks)
Storm - 10 (2v2 common in higher ranks; only 3 made it to lower side of boards through 1v1)
Death - 6 (4 of which did 2v2; only appear in lower ranks)
Myth - 1 (simply a bad school)

Ice has proven itself to be probably equal to Balance in Exalted PvP, as the popularity of Exalted Ice PvP is very low and many Ice wizards are in the higher ranks, completely opposite to Balance's results. In tier list, here is how I would position schools:
Life
Fire
Balance-Ice (Balance having higher potential of 3rd place)
Death
Storm
Myth

Ice doesn't need an in-school heal. Its blade stacking ability and high health suffice for that, and if Ice could heal, it would simply blade, heal continuously, then Shrike and massively damage its opponents. Like I said in other threads, before Ice gains an upgrade, all schools need to gain in defense and defensive utility.
PvP,

Ok, lets say that Balance has proven itself equal to Balance, and all schools are in flux.
Plus, as you state, Fire has stepped ahead of Life as the Lead Exalted Wizard.

Going back to May and then comparing to last weekend, when I last looked at the Leaderboards.

Balance has gone from 23 to 29.
Life has gone from 10 to 12.
Death has gone from 4 to 6.
Fire has gone from 4 to 13.
Myth has gone from 3 down to 1.
Storm has gone from 3 to 10.

Every school "but Myth a Tier 3 school" has made gains against the mighty Ice Wizard.
I cannot speculate on if it was done in 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3, as that would be a guess. I have no
wish to inject a pure guess or speculate when comparing to facts.

Ice is still a Tier 2 school, everyone seems to agree to that. The key fact is, Ice is losing
constant ground in PvP and I believe that will be proven by the first of next year.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
IcicleWar on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
PvP,

Ok, lets say that Balance has proven itself equal to Balance, and all schools are in flux.
Plus, as you state, Fire has stepped ahead of Life as the Lead Exalted Wizard.

Going back to May and then comparing to last weekend, when I last looked at the Leaderboards.

Balance has gone from 23 to 29.
Life has gone from 10 to 12.
Death has gone from 4 to 6.
Fire has gone from 4 to 13.
Myth has gone from 3 down to 1.
Storm has gone from 3 to 10.

Every school "but Myth a Tier 3 school" has made gains against the mighty Ice Wizard.
I cannot speculate on if it was done in 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3, as that would be a guess. I have no
wish to inject a pure guess or speculate when comparing to facts.

Ice is still a Tier 2 school, everyone seems to agree to that. The key fact is, Ice is losing
constant ground in PvP and I believe that will be proven by the first of next year.
Fire has been the lead Exalted wizard for a long time now. Though the debate between Life or Fire being the top meta school is looking at Life being the best, I personally believe Fire is still better.This guide here explains exactly why: http://www.duelist101.com/other-articles/inferno-rising-discussion-fire-may-usurp-balance-coming-update/

Balance is only higher in numbers because it's simply a more popular school at Exalted level PvP. The reason I know this is because Balance on the Leaderboards has very few wizards in the higher ranks while many Balance wizards stay closer to the bottom of the Leaderboards, complete opposite to Life, Fire, and Ice. Ice is a less popular school in Exalted PvP because people have given it a horrible reputation, but it hangs high in the ranks, and has gained a ginormous amount of numbers on the Leaderboard since past metas. Recently, Ice has been able to gain on par armor pierce with schools like Fire and Balance, if both schools used a wand from the Terror's Hoard Pack.

On top of that, Ice has 1000-3000 more health than other schools. That is a lot of damage to make up for. On top of that, Ice also now has on par damage with every other school, maybe falling behind by 5%, however, Ice's significantly higher health and resist already makes up for that loss. Ice has time to blade and Shrike before unleashing a OHKO attack, something other schools have never had since the meta went offensive. However, since Ice has no in-school heal, this ability becomes limited and balanced because people are able to take out the Ice wizard before the Ice wizard can unleash their attack, something that isn't true when facing Life wizards. If Ice were to get an in-school heal, it would simply become a better version of the Life school, which, argued by many other players, is said to be the best school for this meta.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
103
PvP King on Sep 9, 2015 wrote:
Fire has been the lead Exalted wizard for a long time now. Though the debate between Life or Fire being the top meta school is looking at Life being the best, I personally believe Fire is still better.This guide here explains exactly why: http://www.duelist101.com/other-articles/inferno-rising-discussion-fire-may-usurp-balance-coming-update/

Balance is only higher in numbers because it's simply a more popular school at Exalted level PvP. The reason I know this is because Balance on the Leaderboards has very few wizards in the higher ranks while many Balance wizards stay closer to the bottom of the Leaderboards, complete opposite to Life, Fire, and Ice. Ice is a less popular school in Exalted PvP because people have given it a horrible reputation, but it hangs high in the ranks, and has gained a ginormous amount of numbers on the Leaderboard since past metas. Recently, Ice has been able to gain on par armor pierce with schools like Fire and Balance, if both schools used a wand from the Terror's Hoard Pack.

On top of that, Ice has 1000-3000 more health than other schools. That is a lot of damage to make up for. On top of that, Ice also now has on par damage with every other school, maybe falling behind by 5%, however, Ice's significantly higher health and resist already makes up for that loss. Ice has time to blade and Shrike before unleashing a OHKO attack, something other schools have never had since the meta went offensive. However, since Ice has no in-school heal, this ability becomes limited and balanced because people are able to take out the Ice wizard before the Ice wizard can unleash their attack, something that isn't true when facing Life wizards. If Ice were to get an in-school heal, it would simply become a better version of the Life school, which, argued by many other players, is said to be the best school for this meta.
Mr. PvP,

I can agree that Fire is the better school, just looking at the current jump that fire
has made in the leader boards. They are sitting at positions 85, 134, 173, 201, etc.
Fire is sitting well ahead of the other schools and is gaining on a consistent basis.

I will agree with your second statement, but you would have to drop the comment on Ice.
Balance does have a large following, no question, but the flow is currently towards
Fire and Life, and they are multiplying fast. Ice may be becoming less popular due to the
huge swing of Life and Fire. Lets check the facts on Ice being massive in numbers
on the leader boards and at the high ranks.

Checking out the top 500 locations, I see this.

Fire - 85, 134, 173, 201, 289, 411, 468, 454.
Life - 153, 213, 242, 356, 384.
Balance - 186, 205, 227, 302, 317, 330, 339, 362, 386, 387, 421, 449, and 511.
Storm - 149, 377, 435.
Death - 148, 329.
Myth - 320.

The Mighty Ice that dominate the board in mass and is high ranking....
Ice - 190, 207, 248, 282, 294, 361, and 453.

I see Seven other wizards before I even see an Ice. I see more Fire and Balance than Ice.

Lets see, Ice's average health is about 6,660, but their average damage is 30 below the average
Balance, and more behind Fire and Storm.
The average Balance has 6000 health, while the average Death has 5,300.
Even the lowly Storm is sitting at 3,961 health, with damage sitting above 100%.
So, the amount of health that Ice has is no longer a huge benefit, it has dwindled greatly in comparison.

Where I disagree, is Ice damage is well below the other school, and it take a perfect pet, wand, etc,
to even get close to what the other schools have by default.
Plus your calling a resist of 55% a huge benefit for Ice, when Storm is holding 45%?
Sorry, Ice has lost the huge buffer of Health and Resist, and that is exactly why it's dropping on the
leader boards.

Ice has clearly dropped, and needs the heal, no question about it.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
IcicleWar on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
Mr. PvP,

I can agree that Fire is the better school, just looking at the current jump that fire
has made in the leader boards. They are sitting at positions 85, 134, 173, 201, etc.
Fire is sitting well ahead of the other schools and is gaining on a consistent basis.

I will agree with your second statement, but you would have to drop the comment on Ice.
Balance does have a large following, no question, but the flow is currently towards
Fire and Life, and they are multiplying fast. Ice may be becoming less popular due to the
huge swing of Life and Fire. Lets check the facts on Ice being massive in numbers
on the leader boards and at the high ranks.

Checking out the top 500 locations, I see this.

Fire - 85, 134, 173, 201, 289, 411, 468, 454.
Life - 153, 213, 242, 356, 384.
Balance - 186, 205, 227, 302, 317, 330, 339, 362, 386, 387, 421, 449, and 511.
Storm - 149, 377, 435.
Death - 148, 329.
Myth - 320.

The Mighty Ice that dominate the board in mass and is high ranking....
Ice - 190, 207, 248, 282, 294, 361, and 453.

I see Seven other wizards before I even see an Ice. I see more Fire and Balance than Ice.

Lets see, Ice's average health is about 6,660, but their average damage is 30 below the average
Balance, and more behind Fire and Storm.
The average Balance has 6000 health, while the average Death has 5,300.
Even the lowly Storm is sitting at 3,961 health, with damage sitting above 100%.
So, the amount of health that Ice has is no longer a huge benefit, it has dwindled greatly in comparison.

Where I disagree, is Ice damage is well below the other school, and it take a perfect pet, wand, etc,
to even get close to what the other schools have by default.
Plus your calling a resist of 55% a huge benefit for Ice, when Storm is holding 45%?
Sorry, Ice has lost the huge buffer of Health and Resist, and that is exactly why it's dropping on the
leader boards.

Ice has clearly dropped, and needs the heal, no question about it.
Since you included a Balance with health jewels, then it only makes sense to compare an Ice wizard who has health jewels too, shall we? Let's calculate: 3581+652+1028+368+441+230+320+60+95+95+95+60=7025. 6600? Not even close. An average Ice may also have around 100% damage with the best gear, let's calculate again: 12+15+13+16+11+8+21=96% damage.
Compared to Balance: 17+19+23+16+11+5+21=112%. 16% damage difference.

Ice also has an average of 60% universal resist, which could be increased to 62%. Since armor pierce is floating around 33% for most schools, Ice still has 30% resist against several schools, unlike every other school which has about 10% resist left.

Ice's health gap has been the largest it has ever been between schools and its resist gap is also at its greatest compared to the other schools, excluding Fire and Storm resist.

Ice has clearly gained potential and doesn't need the heal, no question about it.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
PvP King on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
Since you included a Balance with health jewels, then it only makes sense to compare an Ice wizard who has health jewels too, shall we? Let's calculate: 3581+652+1028+368+441+230+320+60+95+95+95+60=7025. 6600? Not even close. An average Ice may also have around 100% damage with the best gear, let's calculate again: 12+15+13+16+11+8+21=96% damage.
Compared to Balance: 17+19+23+16+11+5+21=112%. 16% damage difference.

Ice also has an average of 60% universal resist, which could be increased to 62%. Since armor pierce is floating around 33% for most schools, Ice still has 30% resist against several schools, unlike every other school which has about 10% resist left.

Ice's health gap has been the largest it has ever been between schools and its resist gap is also at its greatest compared to the other schools, excluding Fire and Storm resist.

Ice has clearly gained potential and doesn't need the heal, no question about it.
just because complain because think ice overpower because high resist/heath (no duh there tank) tank post have high heath and high resist because that what is tank is about (so, get use to it) yes do agree ice do need heal because everybody carry armor pierce so, wouldn't even care about immunity and rather have resist increase nobody wouldn't care because armor pierce) people break resist then will give them what they want not mess with tank wizard!

1