Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Envious Enemy Attitude.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
58
ok, this is a little bit of a problem in pvp.
I just got my balance to lvl seventy six, got my craft gear, and went to pvp. i've seen mana burn used as a strategy, so i put about six in my deck.
the attitude from using mana burn i'm getting is ridiculous. I've been called a noob like eight times in my first day of pvping with him, and EVERYBODY always, always complains about me spamming mana burn.
To show that i use it as a strategy and it's not my only attack:
I went against a warlord fire twice. The first time she used heck hound, with a full house of pips, tc charms, bubble, the whole thing. Sooo, the second fight, i just kept her pips down with burn. and I won, even though i went second for the second time. And this is being a noob or spamming? come on! My strategy of judge, mana burn, and super nova has gotten me to captain in only twenty five fights. I won't change it because people seem to be sore losers.
anybody else, maybe specifically balance fighters, have an issue with this?
Seth Legend
Blake Fireshade

Survivor
May 15, 2012
8
Yes. I'm Life, and people get mad when I heal. I don't even heal much, but my healing boost is so high, a fairy/pixie gets me to full life. I am called a turtle, noob, fake warlord, and more. If your strategy is making them mad, it must be working. There is no such thing as 'spamming'...It's just strategy, and if it works for you, continue doing it.
75

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
sethlegendperson on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
ok, this is a little bit of a problem in pvp.
I just got my balance to lvl seventy six, got my craft gear, and went to pvp. i've seen mana burn used as a strategy, so i put about six in my deck.
the attitude from using mana burn i'm getting is ridiculous. I've been called a noob like eight times in my first day of pvping with him, and EVERYBODY always, always complains about me spamming mana burn.
To show that i use it as a strategy and it's not my only attack:
I went against a warlord fire twice. The first time she used heck hound, with a full house of pips, tc charms, bubble, the whole thing. Sooo, the second fight, i just kept her pips down with burn. and I won, even though i went second for the second time. And this is being a noob or spamming? come on! My strategy of judge, mana burn, and super nova has gotten me to captain in only twenty five fights. I won't change it because people seem to be sore losers.
anybody else, maybe specifically balance fighters, have an issue with this?
Seth Legend
Blake Fireshade
People love to call each other names in PvP. I think it's the immature nature of young competitive players. I use the ignore button liberally. The first time someone calls me a noob or a spammer, they get the ignore button. It makes for a much more peaceful enjoyable game.

Survivor
May 15, 2012
8
Heh, if your 'strategy' annoys them, it simply means it works. ;)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
sethlegendperson on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
ok, this is a little bit of a problem in pvp.
I just got my balance to lvl seventy six, got my craft gear, and went to pvp. i've seen mana burn used as a strategy, so i put about six in my deck.
the attitude from using mana burn i'm getting is ridiculous. I've been called a noob like eight times in my first day of pvping with him, and EVERYBODY always, always complains about me spamming mana burn.
To show that i use it as a strategy and it's not my only attack:
I went against a warlord fire twice. The first time she used heck hound, with a full house of pips, tc charms, bubble, the whole thing. Sooo, the second fight, i just kept her pips down with burn. and I won, even though i went second for the second time. And this is being a noob or spamming? come on! My strategy of judge, mana burn, and super nova has gotten me to captain in only twenty five fights. I won't change it because people seem to be sore losers.
anybody else, maybe specifically balance fighters, have an issue with this?
Seth Legend
Blake Fireshade
I'm sorry people have attitude, to be honest, I do as well. But, if you use mana burn every time you get the pips, it gets ridiculous. I would call it spamming.

Congratz on your rank
Wolf Skullslinger

Squire
Jul 18, 2010
568
Yeah in the arena there's a lot of name calling and accusing. I use the ignore button all the time. Once my friend and I went against commanders or warlords or something . They had that fancy pvp gear and I guess they thought it would make them win but nope! I was going to friend them and offer a 4v4 or something but as soon as I finished them off, they left the very second Sheesh sorry you lost! Better luck next time!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
I've never been called a noob for casting a spell, but I have been called a noob because of my gear. Sure it's a little old (My robe is 50+ and i'm an 80) but I am happy with my power. I've got good critical, great critical block, and some resistance. Enough of that. So my advice is to ignore them, but if they are doing it to other people i'd maybe report them. It may not ban them or mute them, but it will tell KI that they need to watch them a little more.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
11
don't feel bad, there's nothing wrong with it, it just makes them angry. ;)

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
156
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry people have attitude, to be honest, I do as well. But, if you use mana burn every time you get the pips, it gets ridiculous. I would call it spamming.

Congratz on your rank
Wolf Skullslinger
How can you call something ridiculous that is part of a winning tactic?
Why spamming counts as a bad thing?

Wolf! Someone (in other topic) pointed really well that your style is very irritating when it comes to sharing your oppinion about pvp. I agree with that statement.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
Jerry Saibot on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
How can you call something ridiculous that is part of a winning tactic?
Why spamming counts as a bad thing?

Wolf! Someone (in other topic) pointed really well that your style is very irritating when it comes to sharing your oppinion about pvp. I agree with that statement.
Lol. I don't mind that, but when people complain about PvP it makes me mad..just accept that it is the way it is lol. Sorry if I'm irritating people. Spamming isn't a bad thing, its an annoying thing. It makes people call you bad names and such if that counts as a legit bad thing. I mean if spamming is what you do then go for it but I disagree with spamming (again my opinion feel free to take your own, Jerry).

Don't mind my opinions, listen to my points.
Wolf Skullslinger

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
156
Wolf Skullslinger on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Lol. I don't mind that, but when people complain about PvP it makes me mad..just accept that it is the way it is lol. Sorry if I'm irritating people. Spamming isn't a bad thing, its an annoying thing. It makes people call you bad names and such if that counts as a legit bad thing. I mean if spamming is what you do then go for it but I disagree with spamming (again my opinion feel free to take your own, Jerry).

Don't mind my opinions, listen to my points.
Wolf Skullslinger
LoL okay. No hard feelings. Hope we meet in the arena and i can throw a swarm of mana burns on you.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
159
xD now that i've met you in-game seth, i'd like to know, what's your rank gotten to after this spamming?


Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 overlord

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
@All that say spamming is a strategy

I'm so grateful KI banned chain-stunning. Because spamming stuns back in the day followed the same logic. Same with spamming smokescreens nowadays. It's just annoying and unfair. Your opponents literally can't cast.

@OP
Depends. Were you using it 6 or more times per shuffle? If so, I consider that spamming. I don't like it, but oh well. Can't change your opponents feelings. Just give in to their anger, say you are a noob and don't know how else to get up. Give them the self confidence so they go back in the arena to lose more :3 Gives people who want rank free rank, haha