Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Entangle

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
54
Entangle
Wow just wow. Life just got super powerful in 1v1 and super weak in multi player duels.

1)in 1v1 I can pretty much keep any player who is non life from ever healing. Since I also carry infections you can pretty much kiss any chance you have at winning goodbye. This especially holds true for schools like ice who do not hit as hard.

2)I am starting to see everyone carry infection and entangle. If you are a life wizard, especially going second, you can count on either never getting to heal or if you do get a heal up only having it do half its worth. I would be willing to bet in the coming weeks you see less and less life wizards in multi player duels as they will become worthless.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
161
Re: Entangle
you guys are missing it. the reason that entangles gonna hit us hard is because of not what its gonna do to the theurgists, but ALL wizards. how many wizards have at least one healing spell? all of them. how many of them use it? a good amount. how many ppl follow life up to satyr and just slap that one spell in there deck? many. how many ppl that are trying to heal that arent theurgists are there that now wont be able to heal in pvp because they cant just simply "wand it a way" like theurgists?? :\
this is the reason entangles gonna hit us. never the less, it is wise for ki to give one to all schools and make it equal. but, i do have a suggestion. what if we made entangle to where it either
1. doesnt affect healing moves, only blades, traps, attacks, shields, etc.
2. has low accuracy like 45%.


Survivor
May 01, 2010
40
Re: Entangle
Won't spamming a Sprite(s) handle that?

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
38
Re: Entangle
A possible solution would be (if you're not a Theurgist) to carry a life wand. That way you can quite literally wand the Entangle away, and still be able to heal.

For those of you who got life until satyr, consider decking a spell or two that you can use to get rid of the Entangle, and maybe use a sprite to get rid of any follow up infections.

If you are a Theurgist, carry some tiny healing spells and put a number of them in so that you can get rid of Entangles/Infections (e.g. Minor Blessing).

If you go second, like you will half the time, then be a little more unexpected if you're not already. If they think you're going to use a big heal, and instead you use a tiny heal while saving your big heal, they've literally just wasted two pips.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
161
Re: Entangle
yes, but who goes around with sprites? seriously? well, i guess a lot of people will with this new spell.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
56
Re: Entangle
Popman98 wrote:
yes, but who goes around with sprites? seriously? well, i guess a lot of people will with this new spell.


Those who are very good in PVP carries sprite, and specially storm. Sprite can give around 500 in 3 rounds with all the boosts from Malistaire stuffs (ring and athame). For one pip heal, they will be able to save up for their own attacks.

I agree with the second poster, you went up against a life wizard (can carry up to 7 entangle), you are pretty much set not to heal if you arent life.

There are ways to get around, going second will be a lot more tougher. You may want a Storm in your team not only as the biggest hitter, but Storm can use cleanse to remove negatives (dispel, weakness, infection).

Survivor
May 11, 2009
24
Re: Entangle
This sort of thing happens all the time in other CCGs - a card comes out which shakes up the way people make decks. The proper way to build PvP decks is changing because of new cards, or in other words, the "metagame" changed. Until people have had an extended period to test out how PvP works with Entangle now in the format, it's hard to say whether or not it is inherently good or bad.

My first thought is that it will force people to make harder decisions in deck building. If you want to use that Pixie you'd better be prepared to fight through some hate - putting additional Life spells in your deck, or using a wand/amulet with Life spells on it would assist in this. On the other hand, you might want to take advantage of the fact that people are running lots of Entangle/Infection in the same deck by not running *any* Life spells. In this way a player who wastes turns by using Entangle or Infection on you are just throwing away pips while your goal the whole time was to just build your offense; additionally even if they realize what's up and start discarding their Entangles and Infections, they still have to draw them, which means they aren't drawing business spells. Whether or not either strategy is successful is again, a factor of time and repetition.

I do have a concern that Entangle will show up as a Treasure Card more often than it does a "learned spell", that is to say, no Training Points spent to acquire it. I still prefer an arena built around player's actual Wizard builds and not their ability to collect and purchase Treasure Cards, and if Entangle entirely precludes healing by being too accessible and reliable, I will probably take issue - with TCs in the Arena, not with the actual spell. But that's an argument for a different thread.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
54
Re: Entangle
They took the ability to make and trade enchanted treasures cards from the game(thank goodness finally) so no enchanted entangle cards. Now they just need to remove stun from the storm and ice high level spells and pvp would improve greatly.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
Re: Entangle
picantel wrote:
They took the ability to make and trade enchanted treasures cards from the game(thank goodness finally) so no enchanted entangle cards. Now they just need to remove stun from the storm and ice high level spells and pvp would improve greatly.




*coughs*

ok your saying ice should give up actually having a chance when they already dont hit hard enough? seriously? if Kingisle actually does remove high level spells for ice they gotta at least put new ones in, thus gettng complaints from other schools saying 'ice has more then us!' think before you say :? :?

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
54
Re: Entangle
sparks123454 wrote:
picantel wrote:
They took the ability to make and trade enchanted treasures cards from the game(thank goodness finally) so no enchanted entangle cards. Now they just need to remove stun from the storm and ice high level spells and pvp would improve greatly.




*coughs*

ok your saying ice should give up actually having a chance when they already dont hit hard enough? seriously? if Kingisle actually does remove high level spells for ice they gotta at least put new ones in, thus gettng complaints from other schools saying 'ice has more then us!' think before you say :? :?


I said they should take out the ability to stun. People complain about this school and that school and it is ridiculous. I have grandmasters in every school except death and that is a level 43. In some of the schools I have multiple grandmasters. Every school has the ability to beat another school if the wizard actually knows what they are doing. I used to beat up ice with every school until one day I decided to make an ice and see if ice was bad or I was good and I never lost a single match on my ice. The problem with the stun spells added to the level 48 spells is the abuse and the fact that especially in 4v4 another team can be pretty much stunned the entire match. The fact that a storm can do massive damage to pretty much every member of the other team is bad enough without adding a stun to the mix.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
18
Re: Entangle
picantel wrote:
Now they just need to remove stun from the storm and ice high level spells and pvp would improve greatly.


What? Remove Stun from the ice school?

Are you serious? So the ice school will have the weakest attack with no additional "debuff"?

They have to get rid of the stun ONLY from the Storm school, they never needed it because Storm Lord alrealy have the highest attack.

Ps: Im not Ice, im Life.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
45
Re: Entangle

I said they should take out the ability to stun. People complain about this school and that school and it is ridiculous. I have grandmasters in every school except death and that is a level 43. In some of the schools I have multiple grandmasters. Every school has the ability to beat another school if the wizard actually knows what they are doing. I used to beat up ice with every school until one day I decided to make an ice and see if ice was bad or I was good and I never lost a single match on my ice. The problem with the stun spells added to the level 48 spells is the abuse and the fact that especially in 4v4 another team can be pretty much stunned the entire match. The fact that a storm can do massive damage to pretty much every member of the other team is bad enough without adding a stun to the mix.

wow i cant imagine that you whant to remove our and when i say OUR i am talking about me and athour ice wizards just to inform you it is our trait to stun people. and you whant to take away our high level spells how about you remove the healing spells from life of and give them all to death sheesh you need to think it is our trait to stun and of course i am 50 50 on the storm thing but you need to think it is our trait to stun as if it is lifes trait to heal. so think before you say a thing about changing a trait

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
Re: Entangle
Popman98 wrote:
you guys are missing it. the reason that entangles gonna hit us hard is because of not what its gonna do to the theurgists, but ALL wizards. how many wizards have at least one healing spell? all of them. how many of them use it? a good amount. how many ppl follow life up to satyr and just slap that one spell in there deck? many. how many ppl that are trying to heal that arent theurgists are there that now wont be able to heal in pvp because they cant just simply "wand it a way" like theurgists?? :\
this is the reason entangles gonna hit us. never the less, it is wise for ki to give one to all schools and make it equal. but, i do have a suggestion. what if we made entangle to where it either
1. doesnt affect healing moves, only blades, traps, attacks, shields, etc.
2. has low accuracy like 45%.



But they didnt give it to all schools they left out the balance one because of everyones whiny like comments on my "JUDGEMENT PROBLEM IS NOW FIXED" post. It doesnt bother me though because i am quitting as i found much better uses for my time than having to either
A) Listen to people complain about decent good updates on the message boards. Or
B)Play a online game that i just dont enjoy anymore. so i quitting

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
Re: Entangle
2700masters wrote:

I said they should take out the ability to stun. People complain about this school and that school and it is ridiculous. I have grandmasters in every school except death and that is a level 43. In some of the schools I have multiple grandmasters. Every school has the ability to beat another school if the wizard actually knows what they are doing. I used to beat up ice with every school until one day I decided to make an ice and see if ice was bad or I was good and I never lost a single match on my ice. The problem with the stun spells added to the level 48 spells is the abuse and the fact that especially in 4v4 another team can be pretty much stunned the entire match. The fact that a storm can do massive damage to pretty much every member of the other team is bad enough without adding a stun to the mix.

wow i cant imagine that you whant to remove our and when i say OUR i am talking about me and athour ice wizards just to inform you it is our trait to stun people. and you whant to take away our high level spells how about you remove the healing spells from life of and give them all to death sheesh you need to think it is our trait to stun and of course i am 50 50 on the storm thing but you need to think it is our trait to stun as if it is lifes trait to heal. so think before you say a thing about changing a trait


first of all evry school has an ability storm does high attack ice pretty much needs stun myth is kind of balanced fire is a good school considering accuracy and power life is a healing school death can heal and attack so i wasnt saying that we should have chain-stunners either and what im saying now is use a dumb stun block for petes sake if ur not ice u dont have to

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
593
Re: Entangle
Sidynho wrote:
picantel wrote:
Now they just need to remove stun from the storm and ice high level spells and pvp would improve greatly.


What? Remove Stun from the ice school?

Are you serious? So the ice school will have the weakest attack with no additional "debuff"?

They have to get rid of the stun ONLY from the Storm school, they never needed it because Storm Lord alrealy have the highest attack.

Ps: Im not Ice, im Life.
Really Picantel you tell me then what spells are you gonna put in if they are unable to be used.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
54
Re: Entangle
Stun is still being abused in the arena. I just did a 4v4 going second against 3 fire and 1 storm. My team did not get to cast a single spell the entire duel. Not one. Put a myth in there and the same thing- no all stuns. Put multiple ice or storm in there and the same thing. In 1v1, 2v2 and maybe a little in 3v3 this is not a big deal. 4v4 is almost entirely made up of chain stun errs and it takes away from the game. The only people stating that stun is not a big deal are those who abuse it.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
Re: Entangle
ive seen many duels and a lot of them dont have chain stuners just look for matches that dont look hard (and not saying anyone is weakest in the entire game)

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
17
Re: Entangle
Sidynho wrote:
picantel wrote:
Now they just need to remove stun from the storm and ice high level spells and pvp would improve greatly.


What? Remove Stun from the ice school?

Are you serious? So the ice school will have the weakest attack with no additional "debuff"?

They have to get rid of the stun ONLY from the Storm school, they never needed it because Storm Lord alrealy have the highest attack.

Ps: Im not Ice, im Life.


totally agreed

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
Re: Entangle
Sidynho wrote:
picantel wrote:
Now they just need to remove stun from the storm and ice high level spells and pvp would improve greatly.


What? Remove Stun from the ice school?

Are you serious? So the ice school will have the weakest attack with no additional "debuff"?

They have to get rid of the stun ONLY from the Storm school, they never needed it because Storm Lord alrealy have the highest attack.

Ps: Im not Ice, im Life.


I agree. The stuns should be removed from those level 48 spells. Frost Giant and Storm Lord are contributing to the chain stunning problem.

And btw, Scarecrow hits lower than a Frost Giant without buffs. Power Nova is pretty low damage too. Balance also does not have an additional school-only buff available to all the other schools.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
30
Re: Entangle
Um, ya guys, Storm definitely has 3000 health so they can be live well with no stuns. HA! to tell you the truth, if Storm Lord didnt have the Stun, i couldnt have made it to grandmaster. just be glad Dragon doesnt stun you! the elementals are really equal. storm has low health, so strong attacks, ice has high health, so low attacks, fire has medium health, so medium attacks! storm and ice are on the extremes of both ends! before you go and say the stun should be taken out of either of those spells, maybe you should get that character and only use blizzard and tempest when you need too. look, as a storm and death grandmaster, i know that it is equal, i use to say, hey, no fair, but it is fair. death has steal, and that steal helps A LOT. and storm has the power, so at the end of a battle, you may have low health, but hey, you made it didnt you?

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
16
Re: Entangle
picantel wrote:
Wow just wow. Life just got super powerful in 1v1 and super weak in multi player duels.

1)in 1v1 I can pretty much keep any player who is non life from ever healing. Since I also carry infections you can pretty much kiss any chance you have at winning goodbye. This especially holds true for schools like ice who do not hit as hard.

2)I am starting to see everyone carry infection and entangle. If you are a life wizard, especially going second, you can count on either never getting to heal or if you do get a heal up only having it do half its worth. I would be willing to bet in the coming weeks you see less and less life wizards in multi player duels as they will become worthless.

i am life and since everyone got entangle i have been carrying my minor blessing in my deck so it doesnt really matter whether they use entangle or infection