Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enough Complaining

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
OK guys i know how many people complain about who starts first in pvp etc. etc. and how the person who starts first has a "HUGE" advantage over the other player. True, if you start first you are more likely to win because you can anticipate who's going to use what. But i just came up with an idea to fix "Who starts first". Here's how it goes.
For every deck equiped there will be a "Starter Deck". This deck has only 3 spells. You chose what 3 spells(ONLY 1 ATTACK SPELL!) you wan to add in it. Why is there a "Starter Deck" you ask? Well let me explain.
-When you enter a pvp match your 3 chosen spells will appear. There is no health for the pvp'ers. The person who does the most damage out of the 3 cards(There may only be one attack card in a Starter Deck, again) will start 1st in pvp. Same for 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.

This way YOU chose who starts first in a PVP match. Fair and Square, no?
Thank you guys, comment if you have ideas, disagree, agree, or just have comments. Please try to make the comments nice 8)

Defender
May 15, 2010
So you can't die for these rounds?
Insane bolt backfires. That was way fair.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
huh? Wait so who racks up the most damage through those 3 cards goes first? Doesn't that make storm always go first since they have the highest damage then it would go fire, and myth,life,death,balance are in the middle then ice would be last lol.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
You can still carry shields :-) Plus I don't really think insane bolt is allowed in pvp.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
then storms and people with tc would always win. this is a terrible idea that doesnt really make much sense

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
Sariana1337 wrote:
just have us roll a dice the one with the highest number goes first

I like that idea

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
Garrett15141 wrote:
then storms and people with tc would always win. this is a terrible idea that doesnt really make much sense

duh! garrett15141 it is a good idea! And of course don't be rude to other! there could be little kids reading this and they will learn from you to be rude! It will be a awful world if all of the kids grow up to be a bully!

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
wizardgamer2415 wrote:
Garrett15141 wrote:

duh! garrett15141 it is a good idea! And of course don't be rude to other! there could be little kids reading this and they will learn from you to be rude! It will be a awful world if all of the kids grow up to be a bully!

That seems like the most irrelevant thing I've read on the forums.

How does someone stating their opinion (maybe a bit harshly) have to do with growing up to be a bully and little kids learning to be a bully and such just from reading a post? XD

Anyhow, interesting idea, but of course, storm and auh would go first way too much XD

Frankly, pvp starting is random, just like dice would be.
So what if it gives an 'advantage' in the pvp?
Do people complain about bosses getting to start first?
Don't think so, might be annoying but we still win sometime, no?

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Well, heheh isn't rolling dice on the computer going to give you the same chance of who will start first? I was thinking it would maybe be more in your hand to control who will go first instead of again pure luck.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Does starting first matter?

As a Diviner I have started first many times. And I have been defeated on most of those.

However, going on the second turn I have owned some people within minutes.