Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Efreet Was Made Wrong

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
4
It is WAY too strong then it puts that major weakness on you.
It should at least be 3 random weaknesses but not a -90% to everything or it should be a random 10%-95% weakness to make things more fair.

Survivor
May 24, 2011
3
Um is Efreet the problem for PvP or maybe a battle with mobs? Because for Efreet, its very important if you face a very hard boss that uses a powerful spell that will defeat you, weakness from Efreet will do the job and still survive. Sorry if this seems off topic or something but still, still a very useful spell. :?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
I think it is fair. I mean people complain about efreet all he time but really just wand the weakness off? And really if your going second just don't cast a big attack if you know they can efreet, just simple strategy is all.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
133
stormystorm wrote:
It is WAY too strong then it puts that major weakness on you.
It should at least be 3 random weaknesses but not a -90% to everything or it should be a random 10%-95% weakness to make things more fair.


lol I still don't get it. I think the attacks of lvl 58 spells are pretty even.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Efreet wasn't made wrong. Levy basicly kills everything in one shot, Medusa stuns for two rounds, Snow Angel is an aoe dot, Forest Lord and Ra are extremely strong aoe attacks, Skeletal Dragon hits extremely hard for a DoT, and efreet gives a 90- weakness which can be taken off by a simple wand spell. Fire Wizards need it in PvE thats why Efreet is the way it is. Storm doesn't really fizz anymore with that accuracy boosts and that 10 accuracy blade. Levy just pwns everything in one shot most times if it doesn't it gets rid of two blades. The level 58 spells work together in a certain way. Snow Angel makes the enemies attack the shielded ice wizard. Efreet weakens the strongest enemy so the Storm won't die. Levy takes down the strongest enemy or the one thats gonna end causing the most problems for the Levy's team. Honestly Efreet is fine as it is just because it leaves a 90- weakness doesn't mean after the match to complain about it. If it is used before your using a strong attack then thats stratergy. Just get a few of those removes negative charms when you battle a fire. People worked hard to get these moves so its not fair if they're changed. Levy hits 1030 base but no one complains. Storm attacks most time have 100 more base attack than fire but no this time. If you get beat by someone with efreet so what? Don't think your gonna win every match in PvP you have.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary
Pyromancer

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
133
It's all even. The 58 spells. Get some defenses then Efreet won't be too harmful.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
394
Oh no, not AGAIN
I thought "this school's spells are too powerful" thing was over. All schools have their strengths and weakness. None is more powerful than another.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
Sorry I disagree. My fire, Alexandra Redleaf (Almost level 60) has that spell and I find it very useful. I don't PvP, but I still know what you mean. It's especially bad if you go second.

Caroline Sunbright legendary theurgist
Laura Iceheart legendary thaumaturge
Nicole Jadesword legendary sorcerer
Emily Spiritriver legendary necromancer
Brittany Rainriver legendary diviner
Alexandra Redleaf level 59 fire

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
Efreet was made perfectly. Remember, fire is has the second strongest attacks after storm. And weakness is really useful in PvE.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
stormystorm wrote:
It is WAY too strong then it puts that major weakness on you.
It should at least be 3 random weaknesses but not a -90% to everything or it should be a random 10%-95% weakness to make things more fair.
The levy is more stronger! it does 1030 damage and removes 2 blades( not a weakness or smokescreen)!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
Your actually right mathematically, Efreet should be a 10 pip spell (or do 230 less damage.) Let me show you the math.

A 90% weakness is effectively a damage dispel, it makes a spell useless. So I would categorize a 90% weakness as a 2 pips spell.

Now 8-2=6, simple enough, so the damage of efreet should be the same as a 6 pip spell. Lets look at helephant, its average damage is 665, so efreet should be doing 665 damage, not 895 (230 more.)

thorvon65 wrote:
I think it is fair. I mean people complain about efreet all he time but really just wand the weakness off? And really if your going second just don't cast a big attack if you know they can efreet, just simple strategy is all.


Your absolutely right, you can counter efreet, but just because you can counter a spell means its fair? Lets say we gave storm back its old wild bolt, but made it 100% accuracy. You can counter it by filling your side deck with 85% storm shields, and wait till they run out, but does that really make the spell fair?

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
337
stormystorm wrote:
It is WAY too strong then it puts that major weakness on you.
It should at least be 3 random weaknesses but not a -90% to everything or it should be a random 10%-95% weakness to make things more fair.
Your just saying that cause you lost to a pyromancer who used efreet 8)

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
337
AND to make it clear, this will NEVER happen, just cause you ask kingsisle to do this.

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
107
stormystorm wrote:
It is WAY too strong then it puts that major weakness on you.
It should at least be 3 random weaknesses but not a -90% to everything or it should be a random 10%-95% weakness to make things more fair.


Efreat is strong but so is every other 58 spell i am a legendary fire and i am horrible at pvping but i have a lagendary life you likes to dispel and sheild when not healing and i am pretty good when i team up with my friend destiny dragontaimer every 58 card is really powerful if you use it right people keep going on about jugment but theres tempist and heck hound that are a lot like it nova does the 25% weakness shore efreat is 90% but nova is every one more accoricy and its one less pip tp use efreat is fare as fair as dispel or abzorbs or healing or jugment or nova or any other card complained about or not one of the resons i think that they used the weakness part is because fire does not have as many perks as the other schools
storm: huge amounts of attack
Myth: minions
Death: steals health and gives it to self
Life: heals
Ice: sheilding and lots of life points
Balence use its own school as well as fire ice and storm the weakness persishens pretty good sheilds for all schools but self
Fire: damage over time
damage over time is great for getting rid of sheilds but it cant compete with balence life and death so KI needed to make shore that this new spell was extra powerful so my conclshon is that efreet was made very well and defently not wrong
i hope you see where i am coming from


Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
93
FireDea520 wrote:
stormystorm wrote:
It is WAY too strong then it puts that major weakness on you.
It should at least be 3 random weaknesses but not a -90% to everything or it should be a random 10%-95% weakness to make things more fair.


Efreat is strong but so is every other 58 spell i am a legendary fire and i am horrible at pvping but i have a lagendary life you likes to dispel and sheild when not healing and i am pretty good when i team up with my friend destiny dragontaimer every 58 card is really powerful if you use it right people keep going on about jugment but theres tempist and heck hound that are a lot like it nova does the 25% weakness shore efreat is 90% but nova is every one more accoricy and its one less pip tp use efreat is fare as fair as dispel or abzorbs or healing or jugment or nova or any other card complained about or not one of the resons i think that they used the weakness part is because fire does not have as many perks as the other schools
storm: huge amounts of attack
Myth: minions
Death: steals health and gives it to self
Life: heals
Ice: sheilding and lots of life points
Balence use its own school as well as fire ice and storm the weakness persishens pretty good sheilds for all schools but self
Fire: damage over time
damage over time is great for getting rid of sheilds but it cant compete with balence life and death so KI needed to make shore that this new spell was extra powerful so my conclshon is that efreet was made very well and defently not wrong
i hope you see where i am coming from



Why is it the first thing people think of when they think life is healing? My forest lord slaughters enemies...

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
181



Why is it the first thing people think of when they think life is healing? My forest lord slaughters enemies...

What are they supposed to think of first with life school? Massive firepower? Buffs? Damage over time? Obviously not.
It is the LIFE school. It has the only group heals. When Forest Lord doesn't come along until your 96% done with the game and almost maxed on levels, it isn't going to be the first thing people think of. It isn't even close to the first thing you get.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
Solstice64 wrote:
Your actually right mathematically, Efreet should be a 10 pip spell (or do 230 less damage.) Let me show you the math.

A 90% weakness is effectively a damage dispel, it makes a spell useless. So I would categorize a 90% weakness as a 2 pips spell.

Now 8-2=6, simple enough, so the damage of efreet should be the same as a 6 pip spell. Lets look at helephant, its average damage is 665, so efreet should be doing 665 damage, not 895 (230 more.)

thorvon65 wrote:
I think it is fair. I mean people complain about efreet all he time but really just wand the weakness off? And really if your going second just don't cast a big attack if you know they can efreet, just simple strategy is all.


Your absolutely right, you can counter efreet, but just because you can counter a spell means its fair? Lets say we gave storm back its old wild bolt, but made it 100% accuracy. You can counter it by filling your side deck with 85% storm shields, and wait till they run out, but does that really make the spell fair?


What are you talking about?? your argument, and I'm sorry to say that, makes no sense. Let's take an example...Medusa stuns for TWO ROUNDS!!! Not one, but TWO!!! so I guess medusa should be a 12 pips spell! Because choke(wich is the stun spell) costs 2 pips
so simple match 8+2+2=12!!
So do you also think that Medusa should be a 12 pip spell??
what about Levy that removes 2 blades, should that also be considere"steal charms"?? Cause that would make levy a 10 points spell!

The point is, the more powerful the spells get, the more diverse their powers become.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
3
stormystorm wrote:
It is WAY too strong then it puts that major weakness on you.
It should at least be 3 random weaknesses but not a -90% to everything or it should be a random 10%-95% weakness to make things more fair.


We Pyromancers don't think this is cheating because it attacks a decent amount and then to make it fair it puts a -90%. This is fair because the -90% could be taken away by a simple wand spell so its not a big deal and pyromancers dont have much high hitting spells so this is fair for us and for pvp

Cole Legendary Pyromancer

Explorer
Jun 17, 2009
70
well a snow angel and the death dragon gives overtime attacks but a snow angel gives a taunt before the overtime after the taunt

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
doudjy wrote:


What are you talking about?? your argument, and I'm sorry to say that, makes no sense. Let's take an example...Medusa stuns for TWO ROUNDS!!! Not one, but TWO!!! so I guess medusa should be a 12 pips spell! Because choke(wich is the stun spell) costs 2 pips
so simple match 8+2+2=12!!
So do you also think that Medusa should be a 12 pip spell??
what about Levy that removes 2 blades, should that also be considere"steal charms"?? Cause that would make levy a 10 points spell!


Your the one not making sense. You need to learn your spells before you post, the single stun attacks are called stun (myth) and freeze(ice) and cost 0 pips. Anyways, when you add multiple non-damaging effects (like double stun) you tend to take away one pip. Look at elemental defuse, a dispel is 2 pips, so 2*3=6-1=5.

For Medusa: I would make two 0 pip effects 2 pips, then take away a pip as its multiple effects. So 8-1=7, now the damage of Medusa needs to be equivalent to 7 pips worth of it. Lets look at orthrus for that. Orthrus has a total damage of 700, but its a double hit. So don't you think single hit spells should deal more damage then double hit spells? That's why the damage is 10% higher.

Lets look at leviathan, you still need to learn your spells, leviathan would be disarm as you don't get the blades that are removed (though its still a 1 pip spell.) So 1+1=2 plus your combo deal = 1 pip. So 8-1=7, the average damage per pip of Triton is 140 so 140*7=980, so they cheated storm an extra 50 damage, big whoop.

doudjy wrote:
The point is, the more powerful the spells get, the more diverse their powers become.


Yes they do, but what you don't understand is I'm not adding the effect to the pips, but to the damage of the spell. If all spells did damage right at their dpp then you would be right, but they take away damage to add these more diverse powers. The problem with efreet is that they didn't take away damage for an extremely powerful effect.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
5
Ok just to say, Efreet is fair, everything is fair. In the end lvl 58 spells aren't what pip they cost but are you gonna make an efreet 10 pips but medusa 12 or something? No. You can't make an attack that you get at lvl 58 different pips. Forest lord is life's only all attack spell, Medusa gives 2 stuns, skeletal dragon is as strong as leviathan almost, Efreet gives 90% weakness, Snow Angel is ice's strongest move, single attack or all attack, Leviathan removes 2 blades. If anything Ra is not fair. It just hits all players with around 500 damage. Nothing else. And nova does what? 460? thats just 40 away from Ra AND it gives weakness. So stop complaining about which is better and which is worse and just play the game!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
i have found when people begin to complain about a particular spell they either have been at the receiving end of it and have lost to it or

they have it and dont know how to use it.

all spells have in all school have a counter to their effect if you bother to spend some time researching them.

to complain only gives other the impression you have a problem with comprehension of how spells work....

i have learn how to take elementary spells and give them some huge damage.
and take more then half the life of a legendary with high stats.
when the same spell in it essence will only be a tap on a shoulder.

go in to a private PvP and see what you can do with those spells you have.

buff them buff your self the have at it

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
107
LOL!!!! So I am a life and I agree with you for the most part it should be like -50% or something but (I think your storm on your name lol ) so why is the storm complaining about it? look at your attack power when the other schools are behind? XD? I have seen a storm hit 100K on levi plus lol dont be worried with that -90% weakness it does 10k damage? all wizards are dead at that point and a tower shield doesnt save you 5K and a storm shield nearly kills you at 2500 damage lol. ( Now i didnt add in resistance due to it varies) But you really cant complain on that point.

Life has the most reason to complain!! forest lord is also really bad compared to storm lol storm lord is an aoe and it comes with a stun and at lvl 48 we wait another 10 lvl for a weaker spell :? not seeing that so much KI but I am living with it since life has a aoe :D :D :D for the first time ever!!! and with 2 blades on you and maybe a balance blade your doing 3500 critical 6k+ the opposite is dead regardless XD.


Adherent
May 20, 2010
2902
stormystorm wrote:
It is WAY too strong then it puts that major weakness on you.
It should at least be 3 random weaknesses but not a -90% to everything or it should be a random 10%-95% weakness to make things more fair.


Would you feel that way if you were a Legendary Fire wizard?

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
colagada wrote:
stormystorm wrote:
It is WAY too strong then it puts that major weakness on you.
It should at least be 3 random weaknesses but not a -90% to everything or it should be a random 10%-95% weakness to make things more fair.


Would you feel that way if you were a Legendary Fire wizard?


Colagada! Good to see you :)

As a legendary pyromancer, my Scarlet Ravensong adores Efreet. But he is not here strongest spell by a long shot. Angel the Heck Hound is Scarlet's bread and butter, along with Power Link and Flame the Dragon. Throw in a few critical Meteor Strikes and I have endless pips, because I don't waste them on Efreet all the time :)

Interesting fact: My son and I were in private PvP, Fire versus Death. He cast Efreet after several rounds of waiting for pips, but by then I had enough pips to cast Bones the Dragon and to follow with Wraith. First, I wanded away the weakness and broke his tower shield at the same time. He couldn't withstand the attack, and he didn't have enough pips to hit back or heal well. Score one for mom the necromancer!

Anyway, this is a silly argument. All of the spells at level 58 are unique and, IMHO, well balanced. I wouldn't change a thing in that area of the game.

Warmest Regards,

qbb/Scarlet Ravensong