Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doom & Gloom

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2016
4
I'm Confused, an a little bit angry or a lot angry. Why you may ask? okay so I cast Doom And Gloom(Minus 65% to ) finally after Putting together this plan to heal using cards that are (Steal) type an sacrificing minions For health which are (damage) type or stealing health from minions. Which the cards type says its either damage or its a steal it doesn't say its type is heal a full red heart. I figured it wouldn't affect my heals but it did. WIZARD101!!!!! ARGGHHHH! please tell me this could be a possible change in wizard101 I'm genuinely sad right now.. sad face

Oh an Let me Capitalize on this post Doom an Gloom -65% to all OUTGOING heals the cards i use are either outgoing steals or damage an incoming so now you've got me on this one Wizard101.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3114
TheBoySurvivor on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
I'm Confused, an a little bit angry or a lot angry. Why you may ask? okay so I cast Doom And Gloom(Minus 65% to ) finally after Putting together this plan to heal using cards that are (Steal) type an sacrificing minions For health which are (damage) type or stealing health from minions. Which the cards type says its either damage or its a steal it doesn't say its type is heal a full red heart. I figured it wouldn't affect my heals but it did. WIZARD101!!!!! ARGGHHHH! please tell me this could be a possible change in wizard101 I'm genuinely sad right now.. sad face

Oh an Let me Capitalize on this post Doom an Gloom -65% to all OUTGOING heals the cards i use are either outgoing steals or damage an incoming so now you've got me on this one Wizard101.
that's how doom and gloom is supposed to work.
outgoing heal=any heal that is cast by a pet or player (including minion steals).

the only type of "heals" not affected by doom are death's drains (ie scarecrow, wraith, khrulhu, etc)... because they aren't heals, they're damage spells. sacrificing your minion for health is a heal, not a drain, so it will be at -65% (or -75%, depending on which version of doom is up).



-von

Survivor
Jul 27, 2016
4
Dr Von on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
that's how doom and gloom is supposed to work.
outgoing heal=any heal that is cast by a pet or player (including minion steals).

the only type of "heals" not affected by doom are death's drains (ie scarecrow, wraith, khrulhu, etc)... because they aren't heals, they're damage spells. sacrificing your minion for health is a heal, not a drain, so it will be at -65% (or -75%, depending on which version of doom is up).



-von
Pardon me Von, I believe you've mistaken, Sacrificing my minion is a Damage (Type) move not a heal.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
923
TheBoySurvivor on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:
Pardon me Von, I believe you've mistaken, Sacrificing my minion is a Damage (Type) move not a heal.
Actually, she is correct. Most sacrifice minion spells that recover health are classified as heals.

The only exception to this is death's steal health which is classified as damage and thus will not be affected by doom and gloom.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3114
TheBoySurvivor on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:
Pardon me Von, I believe you've mistaken, Sacrificing my minion is a Damage (Type) move not a heal.
after rereading your post, i was curious, so i ran some tests on my prodigious necromancer just to see.

when i used sacrifice (which is a damage spell, but still counts as a heal), it was affected by doom; my minion steal was not. you said that your minion spell was affected by doom~ what is the name of the spell you used (just want to make sure it's the death one you used, and not one of the others)?

-von

Survivor
Jul 27, 2016
4
My bad Dr. Von, I had mis-spoken I was just trying to get across the point that i believe sacarficing minions shouldn't be affected by doom and gloom or on a more broader scale Cards with certain TYPES should be affected by things that affect those types If you catch my drift. *Sigh*