Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Don't Judge Me!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
First off, I have nothing against balance wizards. But their Judgement spell is WAY too powerful in PvP. I don't recall me defeating a Balance wizard in my life. I only have one -55% shield in my spell deck, so it rarely comes up. Judgement always beats me from the damage of 3000-4700. All the other schools have shields of -70% to the opposite school. Why isn't there a balance shield? I'm back down to a private rank in PvP now. And I've heard that other wizards agree that Judgement is too strong.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Yes, to those of you, who fail to realize, that you can buy treasure tower shields, train tower shield, have equipment that gives tower shields, have pets that can give tower shield, to those that fail to realize how to defend against balance, yes, I agree, balance is too powerful for you!

However, if you heed my words of advice and train tower shield, buy some treasure tower shield cards, get a pet with may cast tower shield, and have some equipment that gives tower shields, you will find that Balance is not as powerful as you once thought!

It is your strategy that needs to improve, not the spell that needs to change!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Toontown429 wrote:
First off, I have nothing against balance wizards. But their Judgement spell is WAY too powerful in PvP. I don't recall me defeating a Balance wizard in my life. I only have one -55% shield in my spell deck, so it rarely comes up. Judgement always beats me from the damage of 3000-4700. All the other schools have shields of -70% to the opposite school. Why isn't there a balance shield? I'm back down to a private rank in PvP now. And I've heard that other wizards agree that Judgement is too strong.

Tell you what go to the Ice school and train for tower shields. Also buy some few tower shields treasures. You can also get a Cleanse Ward as treasures, this should eliminate any traps.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011

See the thing is, I love :P eating Sour Grapes.

Toontown429 wrote:
All the other schools have shields of -70% to the opposite school. Why isn't there a balance shield?

For a number of reasons:

1. There is no school that is the opposite of Balance. Sorcerers are simply too cool to have an opposite 8) That's what I love about us. We are so unique and individual 8) More major cool points!

2. Like Life and Death, we have no damage bubble.

3. The only blades and traps that can boost Balance spells like Judgement, Nova and Ra, which are neither spiritual or elemental, are universal or can be applied to any spell in the game for a boost, thus we lose those them all, say, if we as Sorcerers wish to wand off towers or weaknesses to conserve pips.

3. If you strictly look at the blade spells a Sorcerer learns and disregard gear cards, pets, and treasures, the only Blades that can boost a Judgement are the lowest (but not, by their very nature and flexibility, by any means, the worst) blades in the game. On the other hand, lol, if you put them together 20% BS plus 25% BB, over two turns and one pip spent, Balance strangely has the best blades of the game (which is the hidden truth anyway, seeing as how many times in PvP the other schools rely so heavily on Elemental and Spirit Blade that they literally make or break matches.) Yet again, that is what Judgement lacks: any boost value whatsoever in Elemental and Spirit Blades like the other schools. Thus, considering only all the learned blade-spells in the game, Judgement (like Scorpion, Ra, Nova, SS, Locust) has the lowest possible blade boost of any damage spell in the game. (Strangely, lol, the second lowest is Storm? Kooky! ) Why are you complaining it's too powerful?

Toontown429 wrote:
I only have one -55% shield in my spell deck, so it rarely comes up.

Oh Ok, now it makes sense: You wish to take out on Sorcerers everywhere the simple clear fact that you have a textbook horrible PvP deck. Even DerHund, the Sultan of Small Deck Sorcery, back in the day, carried I believe at minimum two tower shields in his deck. Probably more if he could figure out in the first 15 seconds that he was dueling another Sorcerer.

Toontown429 wrote:
And I've heard that other wizards agree that Judgement is too strong.

Well, the facts don't lie: you and all the other wizards who agree with you are all resoundingly wrong, plain as day. Period. No, no, you're not even close to being right. Sorry. Please quit begging KI to destroy my highest hitting spell. Please?

Oh by the way, all these other wizards who agree with you, are they the same wizards who bark at Sorcerers across the Spiral "balance sucks!" quickly followed thereafter by "blade me blade me blade me"???

The simple fact is that no other schools in the game give and share with all schools to the extent that Sorcerers and Theurges and their spells do. For my part in Sorcery, please don't cross our generosity k? :-)

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
jojowild23 wrote:

See the thing is, I love :P eating Sour Grapes.

Toontown429 wrote:
All the other schools have shields of -70% to the opposite school. Why isn't there a balance shield?

For a number of reasons:

1. There is no school that is the opposite of Balance. Sorcerers are simply too cool to have an opposite 8) That's what I love about us. We are so unique and individual 8) More major cool points!

2. Like Life and Death, we have no damage bubble.

3. The only blades and traps that can boost Balance spells like Judgement, Nova and Ra, which are neither spiritual or elemental, are universal or can be applied to any spell in the game for a boost, thus we lose those them all, say, if we as Sorcerers wish to wand off towers or weaknesses to conserve pips.

3. If you strictly look at the blade spells a Sorcerer learns and disregard gear cards, pets, and treasures, the only Blades that can boost a Judgement are the lowest (but not, by their very nature and flexibility, by any means, the worst) blades in the game. On the other hand, lol, if you put them together 20% BS plus 25% BB, over two turns and one pip spent, Balance strangely has the best blades of the game (which is the hidden truth anyway, seeing as how many times in PvP the other schools rely so heavily on Elemental and Spirit Blade that they literally make or break matches.) Yet again, that is what Judgement lacks: any boost value whatsoever in Elemental and Spirit Blades like the other schools. Thus, considering only all the learned blade-spells in the game, Judgement (like Scorpion, Ra, Nova, SS, Locust) has the lowest possible blade boost of any damage spell in the game. (Strangely, lol, the second lowest is Storm? Kooky! ) Why are you complaining it's too powerful?

Toontown429 wrote:
I only have one -55% shield in my spell deck, so it rarely comes up.

Oh Ok, now it makes sense: You wish to take out on Sorcerers everywhere the simple clear fact that you have a textbook horrible PvP deck. Even DerHund, the Sultan of Small Deck Sorcery, back in the day, carried I believe at minimum two tower shields in his deck. Probably more if he could figure out in the first 15 seconds that he was dueling another Sorcerer.

Toontown429 wrote:
And I've heard that other wizards agree that Judgement is too strong.

Well, the facts don't lie: you and all the other wizards who agree with you are all resoundingly wrong, plain as day. Period. No, no, you're not even close to being right. Sorry. Please quit begging KI to destroy my highest hitting spell. Please?

Oh by the way, all these other wizards who agree with you, are they the same wizards who bark at Sorcerers across the Spiral "balance sucks!" quickly followed thereafter by "blade me blade me blade me"???

The simple fact is that no other schools in the game give and share with all schools to the extent that Sorcerers and Theurges and their spells do. For my part in Sorcery, please don't cross our generosity k? :-)
Great post and I agree with everything but the "at least two tower" comment My little fire runs one -55% in eight card side and can effectively deal with the first judge by flinging out a few weakness and an absorb, they are usually dead before they can think of how to build the next one through damage maximizing and quick tempo. 1000-99 *whistles* ;)

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
A balance sheild would unbalance things. First of all, Balance is not in a group (elemental, spiritual) and wizards in a group only get these sheilds todefend themselves against the other schools in their groups. Plus, if you think about it, balance has realy weak blades and traps and if players got balance sheild, balance wizards will lose every match. My vote is