Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Diego's Favor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
What in the world do I have to do to gain Diego's favor at the end of a match?
Looking at you, developers.

I just played a match vs. a life wizard (I'm fire) where he used wings of fate every time he got a shadow pip. This allowed him to heal approximately 1800 HP over 3 rounds. With the new damage reduction, I can't produce enough damage to win.
With the new emphasis on healing for life wizards they can just out sustain me the entire fight and win at the end because Diego chooses them? How? Is it based on hits? Is it based on ending HP? Is it based on how quickly you picked cards? Because I did all of those things better than my opponent.

I'm really frustrated as to how I can hit more, do more damage, and have them with less than 1k HP at the end of a match when I have 2.5k HP and STILL lose because of the timer and Diego's decision. What is it based upon? How do I win vs. these life guys who just sit back and heal?

I know we're still testing and this is a new update, but it can't stay like this. Diego needs to be revamped or at least let us know what we need to do in order to win.

Explorer
May 14, 2011
I play life and I get annoyed by the timer. I think the timer is way to low since it always goes to the timer at this point. Since the meta was slowed down, the timer should be made longer. Wings of fate spam is so effective for some reason and when I use another strategy agaisnt a life who just spams it, I lose regardless.

Honestly, can we talk about the timer in general and the way resist is working. I feel resist should go through the equation before pierce is applied since right now, resist is basically the same while damage was nerfed which doesn't seem fair to schools like storm especially. Jading or setting is still very relevant and I feel it shouldn't be. If this happened, theoretically just dropping the timer would work and we wouldn't have to be so dependent on some ai with a programmed condition to decide.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
vuntan on May 5, 2021 wrote:
What in the world do I have to do to gain Diego's favor at the end of a match?
Looking at you, developers.

I just played a match vs. a life wizard (I'm fire) where he used wings of fate every time he got a shadow pip. This allowed him to heal approximately 1800 HP over 3 rounds. With the new damage reduction, I can't produce enough damage to win.
With the new emphasis on healing for life wizards they can just out sustain me the entire fight and win at the end because Diego chooses them? How? Is it based on hits? Is it based on ending HP? Is it based on how quickly you picked cards? Because I did all of those things better than my opponent.

I'm really frustrated as to how I can hit more, do more damage, and have them with less than 1k HP at the end of a match when I have 2.5k HP and STILL lose because of the timer and Diego's decision. What is it based upon? How do I win vs. these life guys who just sit back and heal?

I know we're still testing and this is a new update, but it can't stay like this. Diego needs to be revamped or at least let us know what we need to do in order to win.
Well, Diego also judges the stitch of your outfit.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
bobgbt on May 5, 2021 wrote:
I play life and I get annoyed by the timer. I think the timer is way to low since it always goes to the timer at this point. Since the meta was slowed down, the timer should be made longer. Wings of fate spam is so effective for some reason and when I use another strategy agaisnt a life who just spams it, I lose regardless.

Honestly, can we talk about the timer in general and the way resist is working. I feel resist should go through the equation before pierce is applied since right now, resist is basically the same while damage was nerfed which doesn't seem fair to schools like storm especially. Jading or setting is still very relevant and I feel it shouldn't be. If this happened, theoretically just dropping the timer would work and we wouldn't have to be so dependent on some ai with a programmed condition to decide.
You're absolutely right on track about the timer being way too low. All of my matches vs. life go to timer or right at them and I lose because of wings of fate spam.

The resist and damage audit made things worse. It just made damage less effective vs. all types of resist and made resist more valuable at the threshold. Just cut the artificial intelligence conditions and put "limits" rather than thresholds. Using logarithms to produce percentages for a damage base is not going to be efficient if you use the same logarithm for every school.
I.e. I got hit with a Grrnadier for 3k (infall only) while my double bladed smore machine did 2.7k.... that shouldn't happen!!!