Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Diego Needs Glasses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
4
Over the last several weeks, friends and I have participated in tournaments, where Diego has made some really bad final decisions that make no sense.

I have actually seen a couple of teams apologize for winning, knowing full well, that Diego made a bad call.

Perhaps the coding for Diego's decision making needs to be looked at. Several team members have suggested that Diego needs glasses.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
82
Yolodown on Jan 17, 2019 wrote:
Over the last several weeks, friends and I have participated in tournaments, where Diego has made some really bad final decisions that make no sense.

I have actually seen a couple of teams apologize for winning, knowing full well, that Diego made a bad call.

Perhaps the coding for Diego's decision making needs to be looked at. Several team members have suggested that Diego needs glasses.
It's been awhile since I did a team tourney but if it still works the same Diego decides who wins basically by who has the most spells left in their decks. I had several matches with teamates where we went the full amount of time and reshuffled everyone's decks on what was our last turn of the match. Unless the other team did the same thing it pretty much guaranteed that my team won.

All things considered that's not the best way to win and my team only did this if we had defeated the other team several times over but they had used things like guardian angel spam to come back to life no matter how many times we defeated them.

I've also had matches like the one above where the other team admitted with as many times as we kept defeating the wizard who wasn't a jade we should have won when we didn't reshuffle in time. The other team who never even defeated one of our wizards won the match due to the fact the hitters we kept defeating had a lot of spells left they never used, due to being defeated most of the match.

All in all it comes down to Diego needs to decide matches based on who has done the most damage in total in a team situation in a tourney not by who has used the least amount of spells.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
10
I agree 1000%

Last week, I did a 4v4 tourney with some friends and even though we had 3 of the 4 opponents dead at the end of the match (which went to timer), Diego still gave the win to them. How does that make sense? I'd really like to know what Diego bases his decision on. How can you hit more, kill more and have more of your team alive at the end and still lose?

I heard that it can be based on which team heals more which, in my opinion, is dumb. Of course they have to heal more if we're killing them. Still... if any player on your team is dead when the other team is all alive, you shouldn't get the win. Period!

This really is a problem that desperately needs some attention. Please!

Survivor
Dec 29, 2013
1
I know a guy who does Lasik eye surgery, I might be able to get Diego a discount.

Geographer
Feb 28, 2014
960
that guy636 on Jan 18, 2019 wrote:
I know a guy who does Lasik eye surgery, I might be able to get Diego a discount.

Geographer
Feb 28, 2014
960
Yolodown on Jan 17, 2019 wrote:
Over the last several weeks, friends and I have participated in tournaments, where Diego has made some really bad final decisions that make no sense.

I have actually seen a couple of teams apologize for winning, knowing full well, that Diego made a bad call.

Perhaps the coding for Diego's decision making needs to be looked at. Several team members have suggested that Diego needs glasses.
"Diego needs glasses". That was rude!

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
103
Ya, I faced a Jade Angel in a tournament. Totally did not expect this. I managed to kill him once and of course he came back to life, healed and time ran out, Diego gave him the match. I had to face him again, this time I set it all up
for the kill and in the last few rounds, I managed to do damage on him, and he did not have time to heal, so i got the match. Does not make sense, He never did any damage on me in either match. He claimed it was not fair, because Diego always gives him the win??? If that is the case, sure not fair

Survivor
Mar 12, 2013
3
Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
6
Cat Wildbreeze on Jan 18, 2019 wrote:
Ya, I faced a Jade Angel in a tournament. Totally did not expect this. I managed to kill him once and of course he came back to life, healed and time ran out, Diego gave him the match. I had to face him again, this time I set it all up
for the kill and in the last few rounds, I managed to do damage on him, and he did not have time to heal, so i got the match. Does not make sense, He never did any damage on me in either match. He claimed it was not fair, because Diego always gives him the win??? If that is the case, sure not fair
Sadly, a lot of the PvP arena is not friendly to wizards who do not 'Pay-to-Win', which really drinks the fun out of the experience. Even more unfortunately is my expectation of seeing a change in the system, because KI has been on the trail for a while now of quick cash grabs instead of leaning favor towards making the actual experience better and balanced. In this example, the guy that payed out in crowns to buy Jade gear from packs is rewarded with the win, even though he didn't even hit the entire game. I mean, who really is entertained by watching a dude just tank an entire match? I would imagine no one would be. I am not against things like Jade gear being in the game, I am just against it being allowed in the arena. I bet most active PvP'ers would agree on this topic. Perfect example is back when lvl 60 was max level and the best gear in the game was from Waterworks dungeon. The game was SO well balanced back then. I wish so much they would do something like this at every 10 level marker, instead of throwing PvP game breaking gear like Jade into the mix. Hey now, what do I know though, I've only been around for 7 years or so. I am sure the PvP department of KI's W101 team have got it all under control In all seriousness, KI is a business that pays its employees with money, not with having fun...mole that one over and it will all kinda make sense.