Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Definitions of "puppets"

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
I want to know what everyone thinks about this. My thoughts are that if you are 20 levels lower/higher than your team mate it is puppeting. Also, if your team mate has critical (or monster critical) and you do NOT or vice versa then that is puppeting as well. So a level 10/50 team IS puppeting, a level 60/90 team IS puppeting (in my opinion).

This is a much debated topic, and I'm interested in y'alls opinions,
Wolf Skullslinger

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Ideally, a puppet would be really low level, like level 1, so the first definition isn't always applicable. As for the second one... lolwut. Having a different style does not make you a puppet.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
what's the point for this post? not trying to sound rude, I just don't understand. I mean, I bet most of us know what puppets are. and this one line you said, kinda made me think. you said a team where one person has high critical and the other doesn't, is still puppets. might have read it wrong, but for example, my ice has a critical below 100, what you're saying seems like my ice teaming up with a storm with a critical of over 500 is puppets, but we'd be the same level. that's not puppets, some have greater stats than some.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
No Way! I used to help my sister's level 25 wizard on my level 69 wizard all the time before I started a new wizard. I think that its only puppeting if the other player doesn't do anything at all (like not even give traps or blades) and isn't being nice to the other player (treating them like a slave).

Neela Lotusflower
Legendary

Saffron Sandsword
Master

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
I want to know what everyone thinks about this. My thoughts are that if you are 20 levels lower/higher than your team mate it is puppeting. Also, if your team mate has critical (or monster critical) and you do NOT or vice versa then that is puppeting as well. So a level 10/50 team IS puppeting, a level 60/90 team IS puppeting (in my opinion).

This is a much debated topic, and I'm interested in y'alls opinions,
Wolf Skullslinger
Personally, I consider puppets to be players of either a large level or rank difference. As for how large, I'm not really sure. I suppose it would depend on the situation. I do agree that 20 levels apart would definitely be considered puppets. However, if a level 1 was teaming with a level 15, I would probably also consider that puppetting.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
AutumnJ23 on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
what's the point for this post? not trying to sound rude, I just don't understand. I mean, I bet most of us know what puppets are. and this one line you said, kinda made me think. you said a team where one person has high critical and the other doesn't, is still puppets. might have read it wrong, but for example, my ice has a critical below 100, what you're saying seems like my ice teaming up with a storm with a critical of over 500 is puppets, but we'd be the same level. that's not puppets, some have greater stats than some.
The point is to expand people's thoughts on what "puppeting" is. There isn't a clear definition, so I wanted to see what other people thought instead of only what I thought. And the Monster critical example is because of if say two storms team up, one is level 60-65 and one is level 95. Only one of them can have Hades, and they are BOTH storm, so only the level 95 has the "good" critical. The Legendary though, has not as much potential to do massive damage. This is NOT the same as having 2 level 95s that are different (example: life and storm) where one has jade and one has Hades.

Sorry my original post was confusing, I meant that if one has higher critical than the other BECAUSE the only gear available to them can not achieve those stats. Like WW is the best gear for a legend, while crafted or Hades is best for a Promo.

@Neela Lotusblossom @Robobot1747
And having a different style would make it puppeting if it actually is puppeting. If you call a 20 level difference just a different strategy, then to the rest of the world that is puppeting.

Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
Eh, I've seen these puppet teams and it pretty much evens out to the team of which they face, For instance
I've seen a level 1, And level 80 Vs Two Level 50's Seems pretty fair to me during that scenario

-Chris

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
The point is to expand people's thoughts on what "puppeting" is. There isn't a clear definition, so I wanted to see what other people thought instead of only what I thought. And the Monster critical example is because of if say two storms team up, one is level 60-65 and one is level 95. Only one of them can have Hades, and they are BOTH storm, so only the level 95 has the "good" critical. The Legendary though, has not as much potential to do massive damage. This is NOT the same as having 2 level 95s that are different (example: life and storm) where one has jade and one has Hades.

Sorry my original post was confusing, I meant that if one has higher critical than the other BECAUSE the only gear available to them can not achieve those stats. Like WW is the best gear for a legend, while crafted or Hades is best for a Promo.

@Neela Lotusblossom @Robobot1747
And having a different style would make it puppeting if it actually is puppeting. If you call a 20 level difference just a different strategy, then to the rest of the world that is puppeting.

Wolf Skullslinger
I said that having a different style was not puppeting, e.g. prioritizing defense while you blade up for a kill. Based on your new definition, #2 is the same thing as #1. I'll just sum up puppeting here:
Puppeting is using a low-leveled wizard in 2v2 to get easier matches. The puppet may do nothing, but ideally it would blade up the "puppetmaster".