Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deckathalon decks in PvP

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Once again, we find ourselves with something rather interesting in PvP-deckathalon decks. And not just deckathalon decks, level 4 decathalon decks. Now, given that a level 5 player cannot complete all the levels of the deckathalon, this means a higher level on the account is running the entire dungeon, then putting the max level deck in the shared bank.

What, you may wonder, is the issue with a max level deckathalon deck in ranked PvP? The deck adds up to 200 health, and has a sideboard (only) for 25 treasure cards. It also adds damage, some school resists, and a pip. Thus, a level 5 can load 25 treasure cards prior to any ranked match, have added resist, damage, and an extra pip, which gives said level 5 a massive advantage over any opponent.

Now I am not suggesting these decks be banned from PvP. Simply make them untradeable. In other words, if a level 5 wants that max deck, he or she needs to run the entire deckathalon, or farm it as many times as needed to craft the deck of their choosing.

I've seen 10+ low level (1-5) players in ranked PvP just today with those decks. And each of the 10+ was at least a captain. I watched a level 1 move from private to captain in less than 2 hours, all thanks to the player's level 4 deckathalon deck.

I understand one does not have to PvP, and many players are quickly moving away from that aspect of the game. However, for those of us who still hold out hope that we can win a match without bells and whistles, and without gaming the system (so to speak), it is quite disheartening to lose to someone who's only "skill" is farming for a deckathalon deck on a higher level wizard.

Who knows, perhaps the next age of PvP will somehow make it fun again. I doubt it, but again, I hold out hope.