Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Warlords are extinct!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Being a death legendary, I find it's EXTREMELY hard to rank up in pvp. I've looked and looked and LOOKED for a death warlord to help, but I couldn't fine one. If there are any death warlords out there, PLEASE comment! I need your help.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Go over to Central, I think a Death just won the last Tournament. Put a post over there for his help, (if no one here replies). I have seen plenty of Death Warlords, but I don't know if it was in 2v2, 3v3, or what.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
QueenJade124 wrote:
Being a death legendary, I find it's EXTREMELY hard to rank up in pvp. I've looked and looked and LOOKED for a death warlord to help, but I couldn't fine one. If there are any death warlords out there, PLEASE comment! I need your help.

Are you commander or what? Do you mean ranking up in general? I fought a few death commander. Ok well three of them. I even helped train a private death to Captain, after which he was on his own :p But he did reach commander after that he kind of disappeared. And I helped a private Ice who made it to commander.

What is your experience anyway?

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
not warlord but commander whatcha need? strategy? spells to use? specifics plz.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
QueenJade124 wrote:

I am a death warlord and i have a friend that is a death warlord.
Death Rocks at pvp.
Spells?
Mainly, Gloom and Doom, Skeletal dragon, Wraith (packed out in treasure deck), poison, and that is about it
What else?

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
I have a death firend and she was a warlord, but she ranked down to commander. Though she has the warlord pvp pet

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
geneva111 wrote:
QueenJade124 wrote:

Death Rocks at pvp.
Spells?
Mainly, Gloom and Doom, Skeletal dragon, Wraith (packed out in treasure deck), poison, and that is about it
What else?

This is meant as a response to the initiator of this thread.
To me personally, one of the main problems that Necromancers have is that they do not try to master the usage of the Doom and Gloom spell. If both you and your opponent are attacking, and neither can heal, then the one that masters the death drain spell has upped the odds that they will come out on top.
Many necromancers, even Good ones, avoid doom because they want to feel free to heal without having to drain. This means that not only can your opponent heal, but odds are, you are wasting pips trying to heal rather than drain and end the fight. Hope this makes sense. And of course, there are exceptions to every rule.

and if i have gloom on, but my opponent blocks my heal, in the end it usually wont matter. Cause they tend to put try to put up thier own global spell and Then heal, which takes a while. In the mean time? I am still attacking and draining.
Good luck,
A Necromancer Warlord.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
geneva111 wrote:
QueenJade124 wrote:

Death Rocks at pvp.
Spells?
What else?
you forgot deadly minotaur lol

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
To Geneva:

From what I gathered fighting death wizards from all ranks, they like their Sacrifice spell. And doom and gloom cuts sacrifice in half so they tend to avoid it.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I retired from pvp long ago. PvP is easy on my life wizard but difficult on my death wizard. I had a death warlord friend who is retired. Back when we played together, us 2 warlords fought all the time. No matter what school you are and are fighting, it is luck that wins it for you.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
To Geneva:

From what I gathered fighting death wizards from all ranks, they like their Sacrifice spell. And doom and gloom cuts sacrifice in half so they tend to avoid it.

Well my death is trained on Life down to satyr. I really dont like sacrifice that much. And my life spells are only if i cant control the global spell.

And oh how i Wish that I could train deadly minotaur. that rocks. but i dont have enough training points to get minotaur and put the mutate card on it.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I never really thought about using Doom.. I was so focused on beating people sometimes I forget to change my spells and adapt to the different strategies of the different schools.. Anyhoo. I'd like to comes across a death warlord in the game. Seriously, I know they're out there somewhere ( not saying this to you folks who already posted C: ).

And I'd like a recommendation on spells & level 60-70 gear. THANKS GUYS!! c:

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
geneva111 wrote:

To me personally, one of the main problems that Necromancers have is that they do not try to master the usage of the Doom and Gloom spell.

I have two legendary life mages and I love it when my opponent in PVP casts doom and gloom.

After going through waterworks as many times as i have, D&G doesn't bother me. I literally don't even notice it, and it doesn't affect my healing at all.

I'm not the only life that pvps and has become very good at healing with D&G running.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I would help you on my legendary death wizard, Emily Spiritriver, but I'm not the best at PvP.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
so i think most of us who have been here before cl know why death's warlord population has decreased. the wintertusk update. wr got the worst spell and triage came.and most people use treasure triage,life or not.
my death went from private to captain in the past few weeks. but triage makes any death's best spell bone dragon harder to use.
How ever for teams death has a huge advantage at 1st serve. beguile. As many of us know beguile on a first serve can steal a multi hit or heal. I would reccomend using a death blade and spirit blade bone dragon with gargantuan and iffalible for 1v1 untill your around knight. then you might want to move to 2v2. and skip the d&g

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I made a long (ranting) post about maybe ten ways to change Necromancy to make it better in PvP maybe two months ago. A bunch of people told me that Death was amazing in PvP the way it was and that Death warlords were common. Well, now I don't believe a word about that.

Naturally, I'm not a very high rank (lacking a person to team up with in 2v2 PvP), but I could help you if a Death warlord doesn't respond anytime soon. I'm usually on at odd hours, though ...

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
My transcended death is currently at captain. My record of 1892 wins and 1755 losses seems pretty bad. But in that time I have been warlord three times. I have tried so many different tactics heres how I rate them:

1) The minion tactic- moderate assortment of the straight damage and drain spells, but maxed out on the minion cards. 7 plus treasure minions. I constantly kept the minion low level. Just something to distract and knock the death shield off. I found summoning the higher level minions to be a waste because the high levels are saturated with criticals and end up being a waste of pips. This tactic was successful 50-60% of the time.

2) Gloom and Doom- Treasured out 10-15 wraiths and stocked up on 75% Doom. The rest of my deck of largely drain spells with a couple of poisons. This isnt a bad tactic, created a lot of bubble wars so its always a good idea to stock up with doom. If you are going to do this method, you better have a gear combination that gives a high block to critical, otherwise you shoot yourself in the foot and they end up thanking you for dooming. This method can be extremely frustrating if you fight another death. Overall I found this to work 50-60% of the time and generally only when I was going first.

3. Acid Bath- Load up on treasure (Garg) poisons. Have gear that gives a high pip percentage. Shield up for the first part, or blade. From there start spamming the poisons. Between criticals and them trying to heal to keep up they eventually fall. I found this to be effective going first and second. I dont know if they are constantly worried about bigger attacks, but by the time the person realizes what you doing its too late. This is how I made Warlord one of the times. Win rate using this was about 70-80%.

4. Death Minotaur- Usually my secondary with death has always been life. I usually use life secondary with all my wizards. Even thought the drain factor is the plus for death I feel uncomfortable not having the sat heal. I have bought back my points three times with the death wizard. Going back and forth between secondary life and secondary myth. I do believe the death minotaur has alot of potential. If bladed and damage percentage is high enough this can do a suprising amount of damage. Overall I found that when it was effective it was really effective. The same hold true for the other aspect- it could really stink as well. I think that while it has power it is not going to produce consistant wins. I didnt for me at least. I went back to life secondary. Win rate- 25%-30%.

5. Disabilitate Tactic- This is more of an annoyance method that I have made alot of people flee or quit the match out of sheer frusrtation. I dont think it is very good overall. The reason is this is definatley only effective if you are going first. It consists of spamming plaque, v plague, treasure v plague, secondary weakness, and treasure weakness. You spend a majority of the match making your opponent so weak they swear at you and give up. Win rate 20-35%

6. The Bomb- This is one of my favorites, but it is very risky. You put one card of each blade and traps you have of death.
Death blade 40, Spirit Blade 35, T Spirit Blade 40, death trap 35, Death Trap (t) 40, Spirit Trap 35, Spirit Trap 25, Death trap 25, Curse 20, Curse 25 if you have it (t), Feint 70/30, Feint 70/20, Feint 75/25, If you have access Death Blade 45, If you get it early eought- Dark pact and that new aura I forget the name but the one that is like having a constant feint on, you load up on on those
and if you dont get efreeted nothing will stop that bomb. Even a death, spirit shield, and tower will still not be enough. Its like judgement for death. Works with Franken, or Wraith. Win rate 30-40%. Usually real fun to win because the damage is at an absurdly high level.

Over death is hard to Warlord, and if you do get it keeping is also hard. I have not seen a death with rank in the 1100+ range. In fallible is a must. The accuracy seems like its just as bad as storm to me. I know what the stats say, buy fizzling was a hug problem.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Duncan DeathWalker Here PVP Warlord.

One of the best spells to use 1v1 is POISON make it gargantuan and pack up your treasures...Then just keep shielding and Spamming Poison one after another then hit with Wraith or Frankie....I have taken out tons of Ice and Fire and storm this way.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
hanable33 wrote:
geneva111 wrote:
QueenJade124 wrote:

Death Rocks at pvp.
Spells?
What else?
you forgot deadly minotaur lol

ha skip deadly minotaur just go for pirate with colossal on it an hope for crit no block works for me usually

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
I think we know what's gonna happen. Death will go down the same path Ice did, being weak to overpowered, maybe even Myth. I think pretty soon we'll all be crying about Death and Myth with their attack all enemies spells. If Death doesn't get one, or Myth, KingsIsle is crazy. I think Death deserves a spell that puts weakness, but that's me, and I'm not even Death!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
QueenJade124 wrote:

QueenJade,

I just got done fighting a Death Warlord, and it wasn't a long fight. Here is basically how he beat me.
Just after it started, I hit him with three pips with Judge, and did a respectable amount of damage.
He just kept Blading up, and shielded, then just when I expected he was going to Dragon me, he earthquaked (took off all my Blades and shields real quick). He had the Myth amulet for sure, cause I watched the pips.

In the next few moves he hit me with a feint and then the Krackenstein (sp?) Monster, and hit well over 2400 hp. His gear boost was up over 65 hit, for sure. Next came out Doom and Gloom, which he was able to keep up the entire game. He must have had them in his side deck too.

Posion on Gar kept spinning around me, while he also hit me with weakness and infection. When he could, he would also Wraith (on boost) me.
I had no way to heal (I was getting less than 200 out of Availing hands), so I just kept on hitting him, dumping Weakness and Infection on him, plus trying to shield.
Right after he would heal with a hit, he would use empower, and then posion me again.
Finally I found that I couldn't damage him fast enough to take him out and he won the match.
Very smart player, he timed everything well, and seemed to have the cards he needed at the right time.
I don't know if this will help you at all, but I was impressed with his overall stratergy and how he used empower at the right times to gain an advantage.
He never used Skeleton Dragon in the entire match, and only posion to take off and keep off my shields. Mainly he used Posion, Wraith and the Monster to take me down.

I have never pvped my Level 70 Death, other than 15 or so practice matches. After watching this guy, I may head over to the Tower of the Helephant for a while, and then try to duplicate what this guy did in pvp.
I already have the Waterworks gear, and I have the myth amulet.

Joe.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Meh there are to many in my opinion *grumble grumble*. PvP is 1% element, 99% stratagy.

Luke Lifesword, only 5 points away from Warlord...

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Just got Warlord back. Basically, i took the doom and gloom approach. My gear puts me at 70 death damage and pet Defy+Proof 14 putting my resist at 41. Wand gives me 110% block critical, but only 100 critical which almost never happens. Accuracy, well without loading up on infallable both in deck and tc i would never make. This death fizzles more than my storm.

I loaded up on TC doom -85 heal. maxed out on garg and coloss, and loaded up on vamps, wraith, a couple ghouls, and some frank. Kept the doom and gloom over all the bubble wars. I dont even waste time loading heals in my deck. Rely on luck and my spells. So far I have won 25 duels in a row.