Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death not dealing as much damage.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2012
Hey everyone, I am a level 100 death wizard and I've been having this issue for a while now. So when I was doing 1 4v4 practice I was against 3 ice and a jade death wizard and my team was a storm, fire, fire and myself. When we were attacking I used deer knight with two or sometimes one blade and I had pierce on and it only did around 800 damage and overtime was 200 and while my teammates had no blades their spells did over 1,000 and they were using meteor and tempest. I didn't quite understand why my spells weren't doing a lot of damage since I had 98 damage and 15% pierce and when the ice used blizzard it did around 800 damage with no blades. And every time I enchant my deer knight with a colossal the base damage is around 400 and the deer knight it self has a 300 base damage. I don't really understand why death spells don't deal a lot of damage and other schools have these four pip spells doing 1 k and i use a rank 5 spell and it does 600-800. There are a lot of decent death spells that do a lot, but those spells you need 8 pips and 10 pips. It just irritates me that someone with 70 damage or less deals more damage than me who has 98 damage.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
edo99cool on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone, I am a level 100 death wizard and I've been having this issue for a while now. So when I was doing 1 4v4 practice I was against 3 ice and a jade death wizard and my team was a storm, fire, fire and myself. When we were attacking I used deer knight with two or sometimes one blade and I had pierce on and it only did around 800 damage and overtime was 200 and while my teammates had no blades their spells did over 1,000 and they were using meteor and tempest. I didn't quite understand why my spells weren't doing a lot of damage since I had 98 damage and 15% pierce and when the ice used blizzard it did around 800 damage with no blades. And every time I enchant my deer knight with a colossal the base damage is around 400 and the deer knight it self has a 300 base damage. I don't really understand why death spells don't deal a lot of damage and other schools have these four pip spells doing 1 k and i use a rank 5 spell and it does 600-800. There are a lot of decent death spells that do a lot, but those spells you need 8 pips and 10 pips. It just irritates me that someone with 70 damage or less deals more damage than me who has 98 damage.
Death spells depend on blades, traps, etc., to boost their strength. All Death wizards are 'blade happy' for a reason. Use you blade, traps and the balance spirit blade you should have trained... your strength will be surprisingly strong.
*By the way, this is due to the 'drain' factor in Death's spells. Getting health back is a huge advantage.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
I have a death friend who has 92 damage that does at least a thousand on a deer knight no blades. He also has a lot of pierce. Also, considering you went against triple ice and jade, their resist must have played a roll.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Don't be discouraged. Death can be VERY strong. What it lacks in raw damage it makes up by having some of the most versatile and powerful blades and traps, and the ability to gain health by attacking.