Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death keeps falling in the hierarchy of pvp?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Alright so as you might guess I am a death wiz I am one lvl away from arch mage and so I have just started to do some 2v2 with my life friend. I have found to be a lot harder to win matches now before Avalon it was hard but we would win probably 60 to 70 percent of the matches we fought. I find it even more difficult now to play as death it seems lately the new spells haven't really been very useful. Bad juju really isn't that great unless you go first have no blades and have enough health. Then master infection or mass infection (can't remember which) is completely useless in 1v1 and 2v2 it costs too many pips to cast and I would rather just use normal infection. It just seems death is slowly going down hill we are on the bottom when you rank all the schools. At least with fire they still have enough spells to support them I mean detonate is ok and back draft is useful in PvE. So I was wondering what you guys think I would be happy to get a few new strategies in 2v2 oh and btw I am a captain so I am not a noob. :D

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2645
If someone is intent on creating a hierarchy, someone will have to be last. Anyone can justify any school being last or first, all based on a matter of experience and perspective.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
This is an interesting post. My opinion is: There is no hierarchy. Here's an example:

I'm a Diviner. Storm Wizards are often considered lower-middle rank in PvP. That said, i've killed more Warlords then I can count. I have a friend who's a Death Warlord with over 1000 ranking to his name. That tells you all you need to know: Sometimes ,the schools you consider worst will surprise you.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
306
agree, agree agree, and many other people agree with you too- esp after these last updates with avalon.. waste for death.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
bionaknight wrote:
This is an interesting post. My opinion is: There is no hierarchy. Here's an example:

I'm a Diviner. Storm Wizards are often considered lower-middle rank in PvP. That said, i've killed more Warlords then I can count. I have a friend who's a Death Warlord with over 1000 ranking to his name. That tells you all you need to know: Sometimes ,the schools you consider worst will surprise you.


I don't consider death bad just because I don't win I consider it bad because I can still find very few solutions to the scenarios I have faced. I like to learn from my mistakes but in my case I am finding close to no answers.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
jakehjk3 wrote:
agree, agree agree, and many other people agree with you too- esp after these last updates with avalon.. waste for death.


For me I feel death got the short end of the stick from avalon. It would be nice to get a game changing move like life has gotten.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
305
Snowyandspots wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
agree, agree agree, and many other people agree with you too- esp after these last updates with avalon.. waste for death.


For me I feel death got the short end of the stick from avalon. It would be nice to get a game changing move like life has gotten.


I think your right but balance has by far the shortest end. It did not get spells that can really help them in pvp Which is why i think the heirarchy is as follows

1.Fire
2.Ice
3.Myth
4.Life
5.Death( fell 1 spot )
6.Storm
7.Balance

Death did fall a little, but with their ability to heal themselves as they hit is still pretty awesome as it always will be. Dont worry, sometimes things arent as bad as they seem

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
62
hey thejordenater balece got supernova,manaburn,powernova,chimera,hydra,judgment,RA,weakness,dark mantle, does that change your thoughts

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
thejordanator wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
agree, agree agree, and many other people agree with you too- esp after these last updates with avalon.. waste for death.


For me I feel death got the short end of the stick from avalon. It would be nice to get a game changing move like life has gotten.


I think your right but balance has by far the shortest end. It did not get spells that can really help them in pvp Which is why i think the heirarchy is as follows

1.Fire
2.Ice
3.Myth
4.Life
5.Death( fell 1 spot )
6.Storm
7.Balance

Death did fall a little, but with their ability to heal themselves as they hit is still pretty awesome as it always will be. Dont worry, sometimes things arent as bad as they seem


I don't understand why some people think balance got lame spells because mana burn is a pain to counter. People then give the excuse well it only works before they cast the spell and you are right, but think beguile is the same way it is only effective if it is cast before the opponent casts the spell. Mana burn is about timing. Now the other spell they got is dabatable that one I think is cool but I am not going to get into it.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
187
thejordanator wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
agree, agree agree, and many other people agree with you too- esp after these last updates with avalon.. waste for death.


For me I feel death got the short end of the stick from avalon. It would be nice to get a game changing move like life has gotten.


I think your right but balance has by far the shortest end. It did not get spells that can really help them in pvp Which is why i think the heirarchy is as follows

1.Fire
2.Ice
3.Myth
4.Life
5.Death( fell 1 spot )
6.Storm
7.Balance

Death did fall a little, but with their ability to heal themselves as they hit is still pretty awesome as it always will be. Dont worry, sometimes things arent as bad as they seem
wait dude are you saying fire is the worst

Wolf SilverSpear
Master Pyromancer

p.s. go fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
143
Snowyandspots wrote:
Alright so as you might guess I am a death wiz I am one lvl away from arch mage and so I have just started to do some 2v2 with my life friend. I have found to be a lot harder to win matches now before Avalon it was hard but we would win probably 60 to 70 percent of the matches we fought. I find it even more difficult now to play as death it seems lately the new spells haven't really been very useful. Bad juju really isn't that great unless you go first have no blades and have enough health. Then master infection or mass infection (can't remember which) is completely useless in 1v1 and 2v2 it costs too many pips to cast and I would rather just use normal infection. It just seems death is slowly going down hill we are on the bottom when you rank all the schools. At least with fire they still have enough spells to support them I mean detonate is ok and back draft is useful in PvE. So I was wondering what you guys think I would be happy to get a few new strategies in 2v2 oh and btw I am a captain so I am not a noob. :D


being a necromancer, you forget that we have advantages. the other schools have to heal for a turn. we dont. we attack while healing, which is a HUGE advantage. we have high health, the 3rd most in the long run. so cheer up! there are schools worse off.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
78
thejordanator wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
agree, agree agree, and many other people agree with you too- esp after these last updates with avalon.. waste for death.


For me I feel death got the short end of the stick from avalon. It would be nice to get a game changing move like life has gotten.


I think your right but balance has by far the shortest end. It did not get spells that can really help them in pvp Which is why i think the heirarchy is as follows

1.Fire
2.Ice
3.Myth
4.Life
5.Death( fell 1 spot )
6.Storm
7.Balance

Death did fall a little, but with their ability to heal themselves as they hit is still pretty awesome as it always will be. Dont worry, sometimes things arent as bad as they seem
How come Fire is at the top and Balance at the bottom? As far as I'm concerned Fire got a smack down when Ice achieved 80-100% resist to it and Balance got a big 1-up with Burn and Nova. I think KI needs to do a better job of not letting Death and Life pure side schools. I haven't seen any deaths climb above 1100 in a very long time, so yes death does need some new tools.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
247
If you want an opinion the deadly top 3 schools to watch out for are Fire, Myth, and Ice

If you want my opinion again here are the school rankins
1.Fire
2.Myth
3.Ice
4.Death
5. Balance
6.Life(GS is easily countered)
7. Storm (I know there are great storm pvpers but lets face facts storm is outmatched in nearly every way when entering that ring)

Now death is decent at pvp consider it can cast doom and gloom and still heal when your opponent can't also has a 1 training point advantage from learning infection for free in the knowing hands death is great but to an inexperienced pvper who has no clue what he/she is doing death will most likely fail them