Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dark Crow's Beguile in PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Defender
Jun 11, 2009
how kind and respectful. first off, maybe you should be a bit more detailed and explain a bit more whats happening with "dark crow's beguile" in pvp. what the problem IS. second off, instead of posting this in message boards, you should send this to technical support.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Bequile is bugged and I don't know why it isn't fixed yet. It has been a long time since they have known about this.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
pierpont wrote:
hey. KI. how about you fix it so that it actually does something?

well beguile makes your oppnent help you so he or she becomes apart of your team for 1 round. so if you use a lvl 48 spell it wont attack him or her. also if you use it on someone useing a lvl 48 spell they will use it on their team instead. that is why if it is used on someone they pass

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Ok, i am death, and in pvp, scarecrow, doom and gloom, sacrifice, and beguile are the most useful cards in my deck. Beguile can ONLY be used right if you go first. Go second, and they just pass. Anticipate your opponent's move. If you think they'll do a level seven spell, cast it at that person. It makes his spell, if used offensively, go on his team, or if used defensively, used on your team. So, if you think that life guy is going to regenerate his team, beguile him and make your team happy. If you think the storm guy is going to storm lord, beguile him.

IT ONLY WORKS IF YOUR TEAM GOES FIRST IN A MATCH, AND IF YOU PLAY IN A GROUP

Trust me, if you're a necromancer in a pvp, this is definitely worth putting in your deck.

Explorer
May 15, 2009
firehunter203 wrote:
Ok, i am death, and in pvp, scarecrow, doom and gloom, sacrifice, and beguile are the most useful cards in my deck. Beguile can ONLY be used right if you go first. Go second, and they just pass. Anticipate your opponent's move. If you think they'll do a level seven spell, cast it at that person. It makes his spell, if used offensively, go on his team, or if used defensively, used on your team. So, if you think that life guy is going to regenerate his team, beguile him and make your team happy. If you think the storm guy is going to storm lord, beguile him.

IT ONLY WORKS IF YOUR TEAM GOES FIRST IN A MATCH, AND IF YOU PLAY IN A GROUP

Trust me, if you're a necromancer in a pvp, this is definitely worth putting in your deck.

I use beguile on the second turn all the time. I wait until my minion is going to throw a vampire or kraken. That way they can't recover from the blow that quickly.Allowing me time to shield up, and build pips up for my wraith.

Another good combo is to use wraith/vampire when your minion is using vampire/kraken. Of course I have a minion deck so that strategy works quite well for me. If you don't have a minion and you cast beguile on the 2nd turn it may be to your disadvantage. I don't run into that problem though because my main focus is to overwhelm my opponent by cutting heals, timed beguiles, and life steals like my Wraith (Which if you don't already know aren't affected by 'Doom and Gloom'). I don't waste time with blades and buffing, because my minions make up for the damage I need. This can really stretch out battles, but it's great because it's a good way to frustrate your enemy, while controlling the pace of battle.

It's great when you beguile the other player while they're own minion is out, and then it uses fire elf or weakness on them, and even worse it can attack them. Leading to more frustration, and the whole time it should feel like your tightening the noose. That's the death school in a nutshell, a lot of people can't handle the pressure, and have just flat out quit the match.

It's funny when they get low on HP so they decide to heal, but forget doom and gloom cuts it in half. Say goodbye to your pips, and hello to my Wraith. The only spells from other schools that I use are the ice school's shields, and balance schools reshuffle. Everything else is pure death school.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2010
this is an entirely possible scenario that would CRACK ME UP!
death is first
storm/fire is second
death: feint storm/fire
storm: start blading up for leviathan
death: pass
storm: elmemental blade
death: beguile
storm: leviathan
death: wins